Re: Why Does Vandeman ALWAYS Resort to INVENTING THREATS AND VIOLENCE?

Jon

Guest
newsgroups trimmed:

"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote
> Nope ! I am a [person] who likes to poke the trolls under the bridge
> with sharp sticks.

1) the derivation of the term "troll" in newsgroups is related to the
fishing method or trolling rather than the mythical/fairytale characters.

1a) all posts are "trolls", -- it is the topic and quality of the "bait"
combined with the technique of the fisher that differs.

2) the apparent sharpness of "sticks" may be a matter of perspective

3) the inclusion of alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent in this, ahem, "discussion"
of MTB and the V-Man is irrelevant since "everyone knows" recumbents
cannot be ridden "off road". %^) [there's a troll]

Jon

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:11:16 -0500, "Jon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>newsgroups trimmed:
>
>"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote
>> Nope ! I am a [person] who likes to poke the trolls under the bridge
>> with sharp sticks.

>1) the derivation of the term "troll" in newsgroups is related to the
>fishing method or trolling rather than the mythical/fairytale characters.
>
>1a) all posts are "trolls", -- it is the topic and quality of the "bait"
>combined with the technique of the fisher that differs.
>
>2) the apparent sharpness of "sticks" may be a matter of perspective
>
>3) the inclusion of alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent in this, ahem, "discussion"
>of MTB and the V-Man is irrelevant since "everyone knows" recumbents
>cannot be ridden "off road". %^) [there's a troll]

As soon as you say that, someone will want to try it. Human stupidity
is the only thing in the universe that is infinite (Einstein?).

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande