REC - Fruitcake Bars

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Carol Peterson, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. Much faster and easier than real fruitcake, and people who don't like
    fruitcake even tend to like it. It appears to me to be a variation on
    the Eagle Brand Seven Layer Bar recipe. Fruit instead of chocolate
    chips. Here it is, per Rhonda's request:

    * Exported from MasterCook *

    Fruitcake Bars

    Recipe By :Damsel
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Christmas fruits

    6 tablespoons butter
    1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
    1 cup coconut -- shredded
    2 cups mixed candied fruit
    1 cup dates -- cut up
    1 cup pecans -- coarsely chopped
    1 can sweetened condensed milk

    1. Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs in 9x13-inch cake pan,
    and
    pat firmly onto bottom of pan.

    2. Add in layers:
    coconut
    candied fruit
    dates
    nuts

    3. Dribble condensed milk evenly across top of bars.

    4. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    -

    Tags:

  2. "Carol Peterson" <Damselicious@gmail.com> wrote in

    > Much faster and easier than real fruitcake, and people who don't like
    > fruitcake even tend to like it. It appears to me to be a variation on
    > the Eagle Brand Seven Layer Bar recipe. Fruit instead of chocolate
    > chips. Here it is, per Rhonda's request:

    Yummy looking recipe snipped.

    Thanks very much for that, Carol. I'll just need to sub some other biccies
    for the graham crackers, otherwise all looks good. I think I might make
    some of these to take to work.

    Carol, if you get a chance, would you mind emailing me? I was trying to
    send you an email the other day, but the most recent address I have for you
    isn't working for me. I've probably stuffed something up. Thank you.

    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Share This Page