RR: French Creek

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ctg, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    Went for a ride at French Creek for the first time since fall due to all the rain. The trails vary
    between wide hiking trails and singletrack. It used to be the charcoal producing woods for a
    revolutionary war furnace that is adjacent to the park.

    Went up the Boone trail, a climb of about a mile or two that is technical, starts out rooty

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/rooty.jpg

    then gets rocky

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/rocky.jpg

    then just gets a little of everything

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/rootyrocky.jpg

    there are many waterbars that mostly serve as erosion stops since it's a poorly routed trail,
    straight uphill. Some are rideable, some are not

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/waterbar.jpg

    There's a set of stairs that look quite easy but they kill me. My back tire spins out every time,
    can't get up more than just a few, will keep trying.

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/nemesis.jpg

    One of two critter sightings, also saw a doe and a couple of fawns but it was too dark to
    get any shots

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/toad.jpg

    Finally lets out to some smooth singletrack

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/ferny.jpg

    Uhh, yeah, I walked this

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/nemesis2.jpg

    Then I was let down at the first of several severely dameged areas on the trail

    http://www.chrisgroff.com/idiots.jpg

    How hard is it to understand that riding wet trails, and riding OFF wet

    straight, maybe you should have stayed off the trails idiots. There were several more like this,
    basically dry now, but severely rutted and ridiculously wide. Probably the same assholes who left
    all the tops of their goo packs all over the trail. Used to be one of my favorite rides, now I don't
    think I'll be back for a while...

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    "ctg" <ctgZERO@SPAMtalon.net> wrote in message news:OVLMa.2788$x35.1699738@newshog.newsread.com...
    > Went for a ride at French Creek for the first time since fall due to all the rain. The trails vary
    > between wide hiking trails and singletrack. It used to be the charcoal producing woods for a
    > revolutionary war furnace that is adjacent to the park.
    >
    > Went up the Boone trail, a climb of about a mile or two that is technical, starts out rooty
    >
    > http://www.chrisgroff.com/rooty.jpg

    Looks easy.

    > then gets rocky
    >
    > http://www.chrisgroff.com/rocky.jpg

    A little tougher.

    > then just gets a little of everything
    >
    > http://www.chrisgroff.com/rootyrocky.jpg

    That looks fun!

    > snip< There's a set of stairs that look quite easy but they kill me. My back tire spins out every
    > time, can't get up more than just a few, will keep trying.
    >
    > http://www.chrisgroff.com/nemesis.jpg

    Just trying to keep enough momentum would be hard.

    > snip< Uhh, yeah, I walked this
    >
    > http://www.chrisgroff.com/nemesis2.jpg

    Ah, c'mon!

    > Then I was let down at the first of several severely dameged areas on the trail
    >
    > http://www.chrisgroff.com/idiots.jpg
    >
    > How hard is it to understand that riding wet trails, and riding OFF wet

    I had to get on some of my friends a few times for doing that. Hikers are the worst for braiding
    trails, lets not add to it. Besides, it's not a good ride if you don't get muddy.

    >snip< Used to be one of my favorite rides, now I don't think I'll be back for a while...

    Looks like fun, though. Where's it at?

    --
    Cameron

  3. Ctg