schraeder valve thread?

g.daniels wrote:

> what nut thread fits on a schraeder valve?
5/16 x 32tpi maybe? Measures just under 5/16" diameter
definitely 32 tpi.

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

g.daniels wrote:

> what nut thread fits on a schraeder valve?

It is a SCHRADER valve.

<http://www.schrader-
bridgeport.net/brochure.cfm?brochure=2285&location_id=2737>.

Originally posted by G.Daniels
what nut thread fits on a schraeder valve?

Dear Gene,

Here's the scoop from the engineering world's
version of rec.bicycles.tech:

Dimensions of standard tire valve
faq68-636

According to the Tire and Rim Association (and they should know) the standard Schrader valve has the following thread:

7.7 mm OD
32 tpi, or 0.794 mm pitch
Minor diameter is 6.9mm
Thread designation is .305-32 or 7.7-32
Nice mix of inches and millimetres

http://www.eng-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/pid/68/fid/636

From what they say, I suspect that almost
nothing except a Scharder valve cap fits.

Carl Fogel

carlfogel wrote:

> From what they say, I suspect that almost nothing except a
> Scharder valve cap fits.

I've seen inner tubes with a small nut that holds the valve
onto the tube itself. Might be worth seeking one out.

Originally posted by Zog The Undenia
carlfogel wrote:

> From what they say, I suspect that almost nothing except a
> Scharder valve cap fits.

I've seen inner tubes with a small nut that holds the valve
onto the tube itself. Might be worth seeking one out.

Dear Zog,

Doh!

Motorcycle inner tubes come with hex
nuts on their fully threaded Schrader valve
stems. Any dealer will likely donate a few.

It's been so long since I had a flat on a
motorcycle that I'd forgotten these nuts.

Carl Fogel

carlfogel wrote:

> Dear Zog,
>
> Doh!

Dear Carl,

The correct spelling is "D'oh!” At least that is the way
that Abe quoted Homer Simpson in a "Life in Hell" strip,
which should be considered authoritative.

These things are important. :)

Originally posted by Tom Sherman
carlfogel wrote:

> Dear Zog,
>
> Doh!

Dear Carl,

The correct spelling is "D'oh!” At least that is the way
that Abe quoted Homer Simpson in a "Life in Hell" strip,
which should be considered authoritative.

These things are important. :)

Dear Tom,

Dough!

Carl Fogel

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> carlfogel wrote:
>
>> Dear Zog,
>>
>> Doh!
>
> Dear Carl,
>
> The correct spelling is "D'oh!” At least that is the way
> that Abe quoted Homer Simpson in a "Life in Hell" strip,
> which should be considered authoritative.
>
> These things are important. :)

On the other hand, the Oxford English Dictionary dates the
word to 1945 and spells it "doh", so it could be that
Groening spelled it wrong. The "d'oh" spelling doesn't
appear until 1996 in the OED's list of quotations. I would
think the two forms would be pronounced slightly
differently, so it would depend on how Carl pronounces it.

--
Ray Heindl (remove the Xs to reply to: [email protected])

Originally posted by Ray Heindl
Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> carlfogel wrote:
>
>> Dear Zog,
>>
>> Doh!
>
> Dear Carl,
>
> The correct spelling is "D'oh!” At least that is the way
> that Abe quoted Homer Simpson in a "Life in Hell" strip,
> which should be considered authoritative.
>
> These things are important. :)

On the other hand, the Oxford English Dictionary dates the
word to 1945 and spells it "doh", so it could be that
Groening spelled it wrong. The "d'oh" spelling doesn't
appear until 1996 in the OED's list of quotations. I would
think the two forms would be pronounced slightly
differently, so it would depend on how Carl pronounces it.

--
Ray Heindl (remove the Xs to reply to: [email protected])

Dear Ray,

Now there's a comment that I can agree with!

" . . . so it would depend on how Carl pronounces it."

D'O! that this too too sallied flesh would melt,
Thaw, and resolve itself into a D'Ew!

[Sallied? Sullied? Solid? A dew? Adieu?]

Hamlet

Ray Heindl wrote:

> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>carlfogel wrote:
>>

>>>Dear Zog,
>>>
>>>Doh!
>>
>>Dear Carl,
>>
>>The correct spelling is "D'oh!?At least that is the way
>>that Abe quoted Homer Simpson in a "Life in Hell" strip,
>>which should be considered authoritative.
>>
>>These things are important. :)
>

> On the other hand, the Oxford English Dictionary dates the
> word to 1945 and spells it "doh", so it could be that
> Groening spelled it wrong. The "d'oh" spelling doesn't
> appear until 1996 in the OED's list of quotations. I would
> think the two forms would be pronounced slightly
> differently, so it would depend on how Carl pronounces it.

However, if one is quoting Homer Simpson (likely in Carl
Fogel's case, considering the numerous Simpson's references
in his postings), then one should spell the expression the
way Matt Groening does.