Show me when Johan has ever beaten Magnus in a sprint.

ronde chumpion

Guest
Hey,

Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
of getting smoked in the velodrome.

Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
fantasy of Johan taking the win.

Magnus: Cheers, man! You can celebrate knowing that you are the
deserved winner. Sorry, folks. It ain't the Grammy's, where some
closed society votes on the winner.

Thanks,
Ronde Chumpion

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:57:16 -0700, ronde chumpion wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> of getting smoked in the velodrome.
>
> Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> fantasy of Johan taking the win.
>
> Magnus: Cheers, man! You can celebrate knowing that you are the
> deserved winner. Sorry, folks. It ain't the Grammy's, where some
> closed society votes on the winner.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Chumpion

Well, Johan was a fairly capable field sprinter in the days before his
transition to Classics rider. I don't think think Magnus is often seen in
the top five of a true field sprint.
I still can't believe Cancellara? gave Magnus the inside line at the
finish. If you let a guy come underneath on the track you deserve to lose
(granted he did go onto the apron).

In article <[email protected]>,
Steve Wingate <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:57:16 -0700, ronde chumpion wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> > of getting smoked in the velodrome.
> >
> > Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> > fantasy of Johan taking the win.
> >
> > Magnus: Cheers, man! You can celebrate knowing that you are the
> > deserved winner. Sorry, folks. It ain't the Grammy's, where some
> > closed society votes on the winner.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ronde Chumpion

> Well, Johan was a fairly capable field sprinter in the days before his
> transition to Classics rider. I don't think think Magnus is often seen in
> the top five of a true field sprint.
> I still can't believe Cancellara? gave Magnus the inside line at the
> finish. If you let a guy come underneath on the track you deserve to lose
> (granted he did go onto the apron).

Was the blue line rule in effect (heh)?

--
tanx,
Howard

Q: Why did the metalhead cross the road?
A: Because he's a gullible moron who'll buy
anything with a skull on it.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Steve Wingate" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I still can't believe Cancellara? gave Magnus the inside line at the
> finish. If you let a guy come underneath on the track you deserve to lose
> (granted he did go onto the apron).

Magnus has been riding a lot of track at the Newport Velodrome this
winter...
All the best
Dan Gregory

[email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey,
>
> Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> of getting smoked in the velodrome.
>
> Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> fantasy of Johan taking the win.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Chumpion

Dude you are stupid. If you go with Museeuw to the finish for a
sprint for the 1st place in a classic of 260km, you have like maybe
10% chance to win. Just check out all those situations during
Museeuws career where he had to sprint for a classic pordium or win.
I remember him beating Bettini in the E3, PVP, Hincapie in the Ronde,
Baldato, Rebellin, Bettini, Hincapie, Astarloa in Hamburg. Believe
me, though everybody including himself believes that he is not that
fast as he was in his early years, well this is only partially true
because he is as fast as then after 260km.

Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Steve Wingate <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:57:16 -0700, ronde chumpion wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> > > of getting smoked in the velodrome.
> > >
> > > Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> > > fantasy of Johan taking the win.
> > >
> > > Magnus: Cheers, man! You can celebrate knowing that you are the
> > > deserved winner. Sorry, folks. It ain't the Grammy's, where some
> > > closed society votes on the winner.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ronde Chumpion

> > Well, Johan was a fairly capable field sprinter in the days before his
> > transition to Classics rider. I don't think think Magnus is often seen in
> > the top five of a true field sprint.
> > I still can't believe Cancellara? gave Magnus the inside line at the
> > finish. If you let a guy come underneath on the track you deserve to lose
> > (granted he did go onto the apron).

> Was the blue line rule in effect (heh)?

That's not the line you mean.

Nevertheless, those roadies always ride the velodrome weird at the end
of PR. Fatigue must have something to do with it, but you can also
see that they mostly lack experience and understanding of the track.
Look at the finish line photo (this year, and almost any other year) -
they're all well above the sprinter's lane, which should be the
fastest place to be.

Side note: A recent PR profile on cyclingnews refers to the Roubaix
track as being 333m in length - isn't it a 400m vel?

-RJ

> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> Q: Why did the metalhead cross the road?
> A: Because he's a gullible moron who'll buy
> anything with a skull on it.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

[email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey,
>
> Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> of getting smoked in the velodrome.
>
> Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> fantasy of Johan taking the win.
>
> Magnus: Cheers, man! You can celebrate knowing that you are the
> deserved winner. Sorry, folks. It ain't the Grammy's, where some
> closed society votes on the winner.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Chumpion

Show us where Backstedt has ever arrived with Museeuw at the end of a
260 km classic.

Musseuw would _definitely_ not have been denied in that sprint had he
been there. You'd have to be crazy to think he didn't have the
advantage.

Now your fat, drunk, smelly self can get back to whatever it is you do
when you're not bloviating drivel on r.b.r.

-RJ

ronde chumpion wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> of getting smoked in the velodrome.

I don't think he would have waited for the sprint. The best way to win is
alone.

Steve Wingate <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:57:16 -0700, ronde chumpion wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> > of getting smoked in the velodrome.
> >
> > Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> > fantasy of Johan taking the win.
> >
> > Magnus: Cheers, man! You can celebrate knowing that you are the
> > deserved winner. Sorry, folks. It ain't the Grammy's, where some
> > closed society votes on the winner.

> Well, Johan was a fairly capable field sprinter in the days before his
> transition to Classics rider. I don't think think Magnus is often seen in
> the top five of a true field sprint.
> I still can't believe Cancellara? gave Magnus the inside line at the
> finish. If you let a guy come underneath on the track you deserve to lose
> (granted he did go onto the apron).

Looking at Cancellara's face at that point, he seemed pretty
exhausted. I got the feeling that he would have preferred to stop and
let the others go by, but he didn't want to invoke the rage of an
angry Fassa team director. And considering the guy turned 23 less
than a month ago, and already has better instincts and more willpower
than Hincapie or Boonen, he clearly has an illustrious career ahead of
him.

-Sonarrat.

"Sonarrat Citalis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> And considering [Cancellara] turned 23 less
> than a month ago, and already has better instincts and more willpower
> than Hincapie or Boonen, he clearly has an illustrious career ahead of
> him.

What a dumbass statement.

Does Cancellara automatically have better instincts and more willpower than
everyone who finished lower than fourth?

How do you account for Boonen having finished one place higher two years ago
when he was 21 than Cancellara did yesterday? Is Boonen mentally weaker than
he was two years ago?

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Sonarrat Citalis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> And considering [Cancellara] turned 23 less
>> than a month ago, and already has better instincts and more willpower
>> than Hincapie or Boonen, he clearly has an illustrious career ahead
>> of him.
>>

> What a dumbass statement.
>
> Does Cancellara automatically have better instincts and more willpower
> than everyone who finished lower than fourth?
>
> How do you account for Boonen having finished one place higher two
> years ago when he was 21 than Cancellara did yesterday? Is Boonen
> mentally weaker than he was two years ago?

Yes, because Boonen has moved to another team and away from the Godlike
influence of LANCE!

Ok, I'm kidding, and I agree the other poster is a dumbass.

NS

On 12 Apr 2004 12:39:41 -0700, [email protected] (Sonarrat
Citalis) wrote:

>angry Fassa team director. And considering the guy turned 23 less
>than a month ago, and already has better instincts and more willpower
>than Hincapie or Boonen, he clearly has an illustrious career ahead of
>him.

He's got a huge engine and a lot of determination. In Ghent-Wevelgem
last year I think he flatted out of the lead group when it was flying,
got a slow wheel change and came back a long, long time later.

JT

"Kenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hey,
> >
> > Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> > of getting smoked in the velodrome.
> >
> > Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> > fantasy of Johan taking the win.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ronde Chumpion

> Dude you are stupid. If you go with Museeuw to the finish for a
> sprint for the 1st place in a classic of 260km, you have like maybe
> 10% chance to win.

Assuming the "you" is a reference to another top pro then yeah.

>Just check out all those situations during
> Museeuws career where he had to sprint for a classic pordium or win.
> I remember him beating Bettini in the E3, PVP, Hincapie in the Ronde,
> Baldato, Rebellin, Bettini, Hincapie, Astarloa in Hamburg. Believe
> me, though everybody including himself believes that he is not that
> fast as he was in his early years, well this is only partially true
> because he is as fast as then after 260km.

One of his first big wins was a feild sprint at the end of the Tour. He does
not have to be as fast as he was in the past. He started out as a Cipo clone
(well, only performance wise). The guy has not been working on top speed
but has always been an excellent sprinter in a variety of situtaions and
especially when the competition is likely to give him anything to exploit.
The reason we will never know how Magnus would do against Johan is that
Magnus has never finished in the front with him in the dozens of other races
he otherwise would have had a chance to take him on. Sure, find a way to
blame Museeuew for that.

Seriously though, he is just trolling. Tom is the only maroon that would say
something like that seriously.

"Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hey,
> >
> > Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> > of getting smoked in the velodrome.
> >
> > Now all those fat, drunk, smelly, Belgians can go on believing their
> > fantasy of Johan taking the win.
> >
> > Magnus: Cheers, man! You can celebrate knowing that you are the
> > deserved winner. Sorry, folks. It ain't the Grammy's, where some
> > closed society votes on the winner.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ronde Chumpion

> Show us where Backstedt has ever arrived with Museeuw at the end of a
> 260 km classic.
>
> Musseuw would _definitely_ not have been denied in that sprint had he
> been there. You'd have to be crazy to think he didn't have the
> advantage.

It aint over until it is over and Magnus won. Museeuw would have most likely
smoked any and all of them by a length or so, but maybe not. You have to be
there to find out. So while I disagree with his comments about Johan being
old and slow, I don't think it makes sense to run through "woulda"
scenarios. I thought cyclists were above that (ok, I just wish they were).

> Now your fat, drunk, smelly self can get back to whatever it is you do
> when you're not bloviating drivel on r.b.r.
>
> -RJ

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ronde chumpion wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Lucky that old gimp flatted with 5k to go. It saved him the disgrace
> > of getting smoked in the velodrome.
> >

> I don't think he would have waited for the sprint. The best way to win is
> alone.

Maybe, but maybe not. Isn't it just as silly to predict a lone breakaway as
it is a cprint victory when the guy was not in the front group at finish?
The fact that he did not rejoin is strong evidence against his ability to
ride of the front of that particular group. If I had to guess, I would say a
sprint was his onlly chance this year but that is why the guy is so favored,
he has a lot of tools that have been proven in the past.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote:

> Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

> > Was the blue line rule in effect (heh)?

> That's not the line you mean.

Hahaha, you're right, RJ. The one I mentioned is under ice, and is
usually used in a hockey game. This was obviously a case of "listen to what
I mean, not what I say"... SHARKS!!!! heh.

> Nevertheless, those roadies always ride the velodrome weird at the end
> of PR. Fatigue must have something to do with it, but you can also
> see that they mostly lack experience and understanding of the track.
> Look at the finish line photo (this year, and almost any other year) -
> they're all well above the sprinter's lane, which should be the
> fastest place to be.
>
> Side note: A recent PR profile on cyclingnews refers to the Roubaix
> track as being 333m in length - isn't it a 400m vel?

The last time I checked, it was a 400. Go here and scroll down a bit:
<http://home.nordnet.fr/~jvallaeys/velodrome.htm>

--
tanx,
Howard

Q: Can we call it a quagmire yet?

Carl Sundquist wrote:

>> And considering [Cancellara] turned 23 less
>>than a month ago, and already has better instincts and more willpower
>>than Hincapie or Boonen, he clearly has an illustrious career ahead of
>>him.
>>

> What a dumbass statement.
>
> Does Cancellara automatically have better instincts and more willpower than
> everyone who finished lower than fourth?

No. I don't mean necessarily that his performance in Paris-Roubaix was
better than Tom Boonen's, although seeing him lead the peloton over the
Arenberg was awe-inspiring. No, I mean more than that... look at
Cancellara's palmares so far means more to me - he has 23 victories to
Boonen's 10, and of all different kinds, from the Swiss time-trial
championship to overall wins in stage races to bunch sprints. He's
simply fantastic.

"Other Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>
> >> And considering [Cancellara] turned 23 less
> >>than a month ago, and already has better instincts and more willpower
> >>than Hincapie or Boonen, he clearly has an illustrious career ahead of
> >>him.
> >>

> > What a dumbass statement.
> >
> > Does Cancellara automatically have better instincts and more willpower

than
> > everyone who finished lower than fourth?

> No. I don't mean necessarily that his performance in Paris-Roubaix was
> better than Tom Boonen's, although seeing him lead the peloton over the
> Arenberg was awe-inspiring. No, I mean more than that... look at
> Cancellara's palmares so far means more to me - he has 23 victories to
> Boonen's 10, and of all different kinds, from the Swiss time-trial
> championship to overall wins in stage races to bunch sprints. He's
> simply fantastic.

Except when it comes to a four-up sprint.

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "Other Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>>What a dumbass statement.
>>>
>>>Does Cancellara automatically have better instincts and more willpower

> than
>
>>>everyone who finished lower than fourth?

>>No. I don't mean necessarily that his performance in Paris-Roubaix was
>>better than Tom Boonen's, although seeing him lead the peloton over the
>>Arenberg was awe-inspiring. No, I mean more than that... look at
>>Cancellara's palmares so far means more to me - he has 23 victories to
>>Boonen's 10, and of all different kinds, from the Swiss time-trial
>>championship to overall wins in stage races to bunch sprints. He's
>>simply fantastic.
>>

> Except when it comes to a four-up sprint.

Yeah, that seems to be a Fassa/WC problem so far this season.

-Sonarrat.

Other Jeff Jone wrote:
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > "Other Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news-
> > :[email protected]:[email protected]
> > ws.com...

> > than

> >>No. I don't mean necessarily that his performance in Paris- Roubaix
> >>was better than Tom Boonen's, although seeing him lead the peloton
> >>over the Arenberg was awe-inspiring. No, I mean more than that... look
> >>at Cancellara's palmares so far means more to me - he has 23 victories
> >>to Boonen's 10, and of all different kinds, from the Swiss time-trial
> >>championship to overall wins in stage races to bunch sprints. He's
> >>simply fantastic.
> >>

> > Except when it comes to a four-up sprint.

> Yeah, that seems to be a Fassa/WC problem so far this season.
> -Sonarrat.

Museeuw lookede strong while riding in PvP's slipstream but e would have
been beaten easily in the sprint by a rider with the power of Backstedt.
It might have been a nice idea but the reality is very different.