Spring is running late !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
March saw us get 40+ inches of snow but with plenty of rain the last week and a half and a bright sun most has melted. So today we wake up to some snow and my plan to ride the road bike was put on hold. Not in the mode break her down and clean her after a wet ride. So it's off to my winter playground and get the 29 plus bike all dirty. Lots of trees down from the high winds we had the other day and hikers out and about on the trails.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4l_8aG0Dw8

Having no snow here is our advantage. From what I know, it is risky to ride when there is snow on the road because it is slippery. You can get injured if you will take a slide. Over here, we can ride even if there is a flood. As long as you can push the pedal, the bike will move and there is not much risk like what you can experience in a snowy road.

Reactions: zipp2001
Having no snow here is our advantage. From what I know, it is risky to ride when there is snow on the road because it is slippery. You can get injured if you will take a slide. Over here, we can ride even if there is a flood. As long as you can push the pedal, the bike will move and there is not much risk like what you can experience in a snowy road.

The trails were quite safe on this ride because it wasn't really icy.

March saw us get 40+ inches of snow but with plenty of rain the last week and a half and a bright sun most has melted. So today we wake up to some snow and my plan to ride the road bike was put on hold. Not in the mode break her down and clean her after a wet ride. So it's off to my winter playground and get the 29 plus bike all dirty. Lots of trees down from the high winds we had the other day and hikers out and about on the trails.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4l_8aG0Dw8
That's awesome, I'm just wondering since we don't have any snow here, what kind of wheels / rubber do you use for snow riding? Is it like slippery or like biking into mud or sand?

That's awesome, I'm just wondering since we don't have any snow here, what kind of wheels / rubber do you use for snow riding? Is it like slippery or like biking into mud or sand?

My old school GT mountain bike and 29 plus mountain bike both have pretty big tracks to help go threw all type of terrain. My fat bike has less aggressive tires but looking to change them out. I will get a set of rims with studded tires so I can ride the trails better when they are in icy conditions. The snow feels more like riding in slippery sand if that makes any sense.

Wow, wish we had trails like that over here!

It can be pretty fun and I find myself grabbing for the mountain bike more and more. I just can't figure why people aren't out here riding. I'm on the forth year out here and have never seen another rider on the trails, plenty of hikers. The bonus is that these trails start about a minute from my front door.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
It can be pretty fun and I find myself grabbing for the mountain bike more and more. I just can't figure why people aren't out here riding. I'm on the forth year out here and have never seen another rider on the trails, plenty of hikers. The bonus is that these trails start about a minute from my front door.

Nice! Yeah, the other night I rode my MTB when there was a light chance of rain. I thought it made it nice! Usually 20-30 cyclists, on a rain expecting day, not one! :D

If I had snow, I'd be out there for sure!

0001 (1).jpg