Sunscreen

Acheno84

Mar 7, 2016
Is there a specific type of sunscreen of skin protector that you wear while biking? I'm Irish and Scottish so I tend to burn very easily. I can't be out in the sun for too long without burning. I've tried various types of sunblock but they are either too greasy, don't work, or cause running when I sweat. I'm scared to death to get skin diseases or cancer as it's pretty common in my family, but want to be able to enjoy extended rides and not have to worry as much.

What works for you?

If you burn easily and have skin diseases in the family, it's really really advisable to have a sunscreen with very high SPF factor, such as children's sunscreen (SPF 50+). I don't burn at all, I'm very lucky, but I do have a lot of moles and anxiety about skin cancer too, so I tend to have an SPF 30 sunscreen. Usually it doesn't seem to matter which brand I choose, so generally I choose something that is branded but relatively cheap - I wouldn't buy one from a brand I didn't recognise as it's such an important product, you need to know it's tested. But from year to year, I use different sunscreens. Sorry I can't give any further recommendations, I would just keep buying and trying until I found one that worked. Or perhaps you could talk to your GP about it?

I am from the brown race but I also get easily burned because the sun here is so hot during summer. What I use is the sun block lotion that we use for swimming. But I have to apply thinly for the white gel is not a good sight when you are not in the beach or swimming pool. I guess all sunscreen lotions do their purpose to block the harmful rays of the sun although it would also depend on the quality sometimes. Like what @Veater said, try and try until you find one that would work for you.

I use the Aveeno Sunscreen for sensitive skin whenever I'm biking. My son also uses this whenever we go swimming. It's a very lightweight sunscreen and my skin doesn't get oily at all while using it. It gets absorbed very easily as well and it doesn't have as much whitest in pictures.

The downside is that it has pretty low SPF factor, just 30. I don't mind though since I'm not out in the sun during the harsh times of the day. I just use it if ever I do go out from 10 am to 3 pm. But with other times, I don't use sunblock at all.

Another one I've tried is the sunscreen from my dermatologist. It's in this white container and it's SPF 50. It's very lightweight as well but it's pricey. For a small container, it costs as much as $20 already. But I love using it if it's extremely hot outside since it blends well with my makeup.

Sunscreen is definitely a must especially if you go out riding after 9AM or before 3PM. The long trek you will take would do enormous damage on your skin, especially in the long run, which could lead to stressful and often serious conditions, such as skin cancer. Definitely use sunscreen especially if you are in an area that is known for heatwaves or tremendous heat, as it would be your main protection against the sun. Too much of a good thing can lead to terrifying results.

First of all look for sunscream that is for sensitive skin only. If you have problems with your skin or have very very light skin as you mentioned.

There are several types out there, from budget rices to expensive, paraben free natural, water- resistant ones. Try a few one just to make sure what is good for your skin type.

I'm very fair too and burn very easily, I use all sorts of sunblock but if you want one that doesn't run or make you all slippery you could try a high factor oil based sun block, they go on greasy but they soak into the skin and leave your skin dry so you don't sweat them off.

I hate sunscreen, but I spend a lot of time in the damned sun.
So I just buy very light long sleeved shirts and long pants.
It keeps the sun off me and I don;t have to worry about reapplying sunblock every darn hour.

When looking for the best sunscreen for you the most important detail that you should take into consideration is the SPF number that is located on the front part of the lotion. That would indicate how strong you sunscreen is in protecting you from harmful UV rays.

Everyone should have sunscreen or protective clothing when going out, especially when biking under the heat. It's not just about having a risk for cancer, but the sun also ages your skin, and sunscreen is one of the common things that can help you delay skin aging. Those with an SPF around 70+ is enough.

Use sunscreen of 50 and up girls. Try to avoid using creamy ones but jelly ones. Avoid sunscreen for kids, those are no appropriate for your skin, and they will give you pimples. Always apply it about 30 min before you get dressed, and make sure it's completely well rubbed and dry, otherwise you will get interesting lines and marks all around you. Always use a head band over your eyebrows, you don't want that sunscreen get to your eyes when you are sweating.

I am from the brown race too but I do not use sunscreen, sunscreen chemicals hurt my skin. when i in outside, I will wear long sleeve clothes. Autumn is coming, It is time buy autumn clothing. I love cycling. last week, I bought a new cycling clothing set at SKYSPER online store, The picture looks beautiful. Hope to receive the long sleeve jersey.

I would prefer you to use a sunscreen with SPF50+ so that it could protect you from the rays of the sun. In addition with that, I would recommend you to use a day cream wity sun protection for your face. You could also wear a jacket or any covering to help you prevent getting burned. I am currently using a Skin White Whitening lotion with spf50. It protects me from the harmful rays of the sun and on the same time it makes my skin lighter and radiant.

I hate sunscreen, but I spend a lot of time in the damned sun.
So I just buy very light long s xender discord omegle leeved shirts and long pants.
It keeps the sun off me and I don;t have to worry about reapplying sunblock every darn hour.
. Usually it doesn't seem to matter which brand I choose, so generally I choose something that is branded but relatively cheap - I wouldn't buy one from a brand I didn't recognise as it's such an important product, you need to know it's tested

f your well or water system is high in mineral content, read the ingredient levels in sunscreen and avoid those with avobenzone. When avobenzone mixes with minerals found in hard water, it can lead to brown, rust-like stains. The severity of the problem depends on the fiber content of your garment (synthetics stain more easily than cotton or natural fibers) and the hardness level of your water.