The BEST multi-tool for road bikes

rosborn

Aug 26, 2004
I hate to admit this but I have a small bag under my seat and, therefore, am space limited. I am looking for the best bang for the buck and am wondering what the forum participators think is the best multi-tool for road biking.

rosborn said:
I hate to admit this but I have a small bag under my seat and, therefore, am space limited. I am looking for the best bang for the buck and am wondering what the forum participators think is the best multi-tool for road biking.

well, "best" is different for everyone....you can buy those bike specific ones that parktool or pedro makes, depends on you....I personally carry a leatherman multi tool and a set of allen wrenches....

I use something called a Topeak Hexus. It has everything I need for long rides.

I carry this tool along. Have used something similar from several different brands. Good enough for me. No need for a satellite dish/chain degreaser/nuclear fuel pump multitool that I see some people carry...

I don't even carry a multi-tool, I carry a tri allen wrench and a small reversible screwdriver. I also carry two tire levers, a CO2 Inflator, a spare tube, and a small patch kit in case I happen to flatten two tires.

Actually the BEST multi-tool is the membership of this website but it is not very portable(the reader will have to decide for himself if this is a compliment or an insult:D )

rosborn said:
I like the multitools that integrate a CO2 inflator like the Blackburn Airfix, it is only marginally heavier than the inflator alone. Like KDlong I also carry Rubber band an extra tube, lever, co2 cartridge and a small patch kit and you are ready to roll. I keep it in my shirt, no need for a weeny bag under the seat an any ride other than a double century.

Powerful Pete said:
I carry this tool along. Have used something similar from several different brands. Good enough for me. No need for a satellite dish/chain degreaser/nuclear fuel pump multitool that I see some people carry...
This is the one I use. It has everything you need for adjustments and field repairs on a modern road bike.