Track Racing

In general you could say that the most important skill of a track rider is bike handling, even more than speed.
Track bikes look basically like a road bike but without gears and without brakes.
A track rider accelerates and diminishes speed purely with their legs and going up or down the track banks or curves.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]he purpose built track has been engineered in Germany by Velotrack, the team that built the velodromes for the Atlanta Olympics and the Delhi Commonwealth Games. The Red Bull Mini Drome track will maintain race-worthy [/COLOR]

Haha I would kill myself if I had to rely on bike handling at those speeds. I'm just not that comfortable yet.

I think where it's not so much up to speed control, as well as gears. It would be without gears, without brakes and it's difficult for those who aren't used to it, and trust me, it can go really wrong.

Track bikes usually don't have gears or brakes, because they want the bike to be as light as possible for maximum speed and agility. Aside from using the lightest materials available, like carbon fiber, they also reduce weight by removing unnecessary components such as brakes, gears and shifters. As a result, the bikes look very minimalistic.

Track racing bikes are extremely lightweight. They are made up of very light material and they are made such a way that you can easily drive the cycle at the highest speed possible. I would have to say that along with the speed many other factors such as the handling, experience of the driver, etc also matters. :cool:

Track racing bikes are extremely lightweight. They are made up of very light material and they are made such a way that you can easily drive the cycle at the highest speed possible. I would have to say that along with the speed many other factors such as the handling, experience of the driver, etc also matters. :cool:
Can we comfortably drive a lightweight bike at very high speed? Many people say that wind can change the direction. Is it true?