Trying to Locate a Cycling Couple!

byfred

Oct 25, 2003
In the late '90s, my wife and I were on a summer tour, cycling from Vancouver BC to London, Ontario and were passing through Duluth, Minn. At this point, we met a couple, who were in the process of cycling the "outside parameter" of the Continental USA. We exchanged greetings, they showed us the best route over the bridge, into Wisconsin, and we were on our way.
By the time we arrived home, a couple of weeks later, I had lost the paper with their names on it, and I have always wanted to be able to "reconnect" with them.
Does anyone have any idea who they may have been?
They were both retired seniors, like us. The lady had taught school in the Detroit area and I believe the gentleman had been a manager in a production plant, also in the Detroit area. They had two grown sons and were riding custom-built Co-motion Touring Bikes. They had Ortlieb Panniers and cycling sandals.
In 1998, if that was the exact year, they were residing in Arizona, I think.
If you think you know these people, or if you are them, I'd like to get in touch with you and share some stories..........byfred :)

the couple your looking for is bob & marie klenke they live in tucson az. their e-mail is [email protected]
byfred said:
In the late '90s, my wife and I were on a summer tour, cycling from Vancouver BC to London, Ontario and were passing through Duluth, Minn. At this point, we met a couple, who were in the process of cycling the "outside parameter" of the Continental USA. We exchanged greetings, they showed us the best route over the bridge, into Wisconsin, and we were on our way.
By the time we arrived home, a couple of weeks later, I had lost the paper with their names on it, and I have always wanted to be able to "reconnect" with them.
Does anyone have any idea who they may have been?
They were both retired seniors, like us. The lady had taught school in the Detroit area and I believe the gentleman had been a manager in a production plant, also in the Detroit area. They had two grown sons and were riding custom-built Co-motion Touring Bikes. They had Ortlieb Panniers and cycling sandals.
In 1998, if that was the exact year, they were residing in Arizona, I think.
If you think you know these people, or if you are them, I'd like to get in touch with you and share some stories..........byfred :)