Unhappy with LBS

needhelp

Mar 29, 2005
So I took my 2 week old bike in for its first (free) service, leese headset & Spokes on the back wheel. The LBS had to replace some bearings.

I pick it up and get it home and when I spin the rear wheel and when it freewheels it makes a kind of grinding sound, will this subside or should I take it back and get them to make it all smooth like it was before.

Thanks in advance.

needhelp said:
So I took my 2 week old bike in for its first (free) service, leese headset & Spokes on the back wheel. The LBS had to replace some bearings.

I pick it up and get it home and when I spin the rear wheel and when it freewheels it makes a kind of grinding sound, will this subside or should I take it back and get them to make it all smooth like it was before.

Thanks in advance.
hmm...

Out of Interest, what bike and where bought. Very interested.

No bike should need bearings replaced after 2 weeks, but I have had similar experiences. My bike (among other things) had rear wheel bearings that could not be adjusted to prevent wheel movement without grinding, even with a complete clean and grease.

Assuming the pedals/chain are not rotating, any grinding in the wheel should be the cry for replaced or adjusted and possibly better-lubricated bearings. No it will _not_ subside. It will probably slowly destroy the bearings and the wheel will get loose.

Either the bearing is way overtightened or it needs replacing.

Ok. Found the bike. Mongoose Amasa? I think just lost my bet with myself:)

You should not be experiencing anything _like_ the problems you are having on a bike like that. Certainly "unhappy with LBS" indeed.

Yep taking it back to the shop this week, truth be told the only reason I went to that shop in the first place was because of the good deal I got, Il probably end up taking it to a different shop to get fixed cause I know that they will do it properly even if it does come out of my own pocket.

Nothing worse than getting something home after getting it fixed only to find that its still not right, especially when you dont really have the time to take it back again.