Vintage Uni video 1967!

pedalone wrote:
> That is great classic film footage. I love the “new” Chevy Camaro you
> are unicycling next to.
>
> Our family took a few movies in the 60’s. I remember the film came on
> little reels and each reel was good for 3 minutes of action. It was a
> luxury in 1967 but paltry by today’s standards.

Yeah, dad worked for chevrolet back then, and would get a new "demo" car
each year! That camaro was cool-and fast! Also, I think this was the
first "color" footage we ever shot since up to about '66 everything was
B&W.

--
MuniAddict

Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. :D

Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.:cool:

monkeyman wrote:
> They had electricity back then?
>
> wow....:p ;)

Believe it or not, the movie camera we had did not need electricity.
You would simply wind it up and an internal spring would provide power
to move the film.

Electicity was helpful for viewing the movies, however.

--
pedalone

Unitopia: A perfect place where every dismount is a planned and wanted
dismount.
pedalone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11867

pedalone wrote:
> Believe it or not, the movie camera we had did not need electricity.
> You would simply wind it up and an internal spring would provide power
> to move the film.
>
> Electicity was helpful for viewing the movies, however.

You couldn't just play the movies back on the camera screen?
:confused:

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

pedalone wrote:
> No screen on the camera-just a view finder. The exposed film needed to
> be sent to a lab for processing.

I guess I forgot the obligatory ;) :p emoticons...I was kidding, I'm
not -that -much of an ignorant young'un

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

onelesscar wrote:
> wow...wait a second...if you used -film- in the cameras, does that mean
> you had to get your videos -developed- like film pictures?
>
> edit: pedalone beat me to it.

Yep!:D

--
MuniAddict

Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. :D

Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.:cool:

Pardon me for saying this, but you are old!:D :D ;) (no offense meant).
Men hadn't been on the moon yet? Wow!:eek: :D Seriously, it was a nice
video; the music went well with it. :D

--
rabbithunter018

Never underestimate stupid people in large groups

It is always better to keep your mouth shut and have people question
your intelligence, than to say something stupid and leave them in no
doubt.
rabbithunter018's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12156

rabbithunter018 wrote:
> Pardon me for saying this, but you are old!:D :D ;) (no offense meant).
> Men hadn't been on the moon yet? Wow!:eek: Seriously, it was a nice
> video; the music went well with it. :D

Age, my young friend, is relative. To a 3 year old, *you* seem "old!"
The pic below is how I look now, at almost 51. You're as old as (the
women) you feel! Lol! ;):D:cool::):p

|Filename: trp.jpg |

rabbithunter018 wrote:
> Pardon me for saying this, but you are old!:D :D ;) (no offense meant).
> Men hadn't been on the moon yet? Wow!:eek: Seriously, it was a nice
> video; the music went well with it. :D

Age, my young friend, is relative. To a 3 year old, *you* seem "old!"
;)The pic below is how I look now, at almost 51. You're as old as (the
women) you feel! Lol! Not the best lookin' guy but at least I still
have my teeth and most ofmy hair! :D:cool::):p

|Filename: trp.jpg |

MuniAddict

Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. :D

Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.:cool:

/puke

--
mornish

MuniAddict wrote:
> Age, my young friend, is relative. To a 3 year old, *you* seem "old!"
> ;)The pic below is how I look now, at almost 51. You're as old as (the
> women) you feel! Lol! Not the best lookin' guy but at least I still
> have my teeth and most ofmy hair! :D:cool::):p

Dang, you look about.. 30.

--
forrestunifreak

Forrest Rowell, Mr Addict.
Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My
gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
Unicycle for Christ
*Banana's for Jesus!*

UniMOG wrote:
> I realy like the cars do they still have them or did they do what most
> of our parents do sell them to some high school kid for a cuple
> hundered $$$$$.
> Nice vid. the past is so much fun to look at.

Some of those cars,like the camaro can sell today for much more than
when they were new 'cause their classics. I saw one fully restored
going for 25,000!

--
MuniAddict

Uni...it's just a cycle I'm going through. :D

Impotence: It's just nature's way of saying no hard feelings.:cool:

pretty slick! that camera mustve cost gajillions back then!

--
ice_cold_uni6

*-_><>chug_counterfeit_tobasco_sauce_while_holding_bananas_for_christ<><_-*
PM if you want in.

iridemymuni wrote:
> we get snow in australia, we've got like 8 different places to ski, 5 of
> them are absoloutly sh**

'**my sick gallery**'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=219882)
'COOL STUFF' (http://www.kontraband.com)
'80,000' (http://tinyurl.com/zv75x)
ice_cold_uni6's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12352

Wow, your look pretty young for your age. I remember when it seemed
forever untill I would drive, but now it's just two years away. Age is
relitive, but I can never imagine that I'll be that old. Of course,
niether would a three year old!:D