Wanted: Long Quill Stem for MTB

Davy

Guest
I need to raise the handlebars of my mountain bike by
about 9cm and shorten the reach by about the same. Does
anybody have in their bits box a long quill stem with very
little reach that would fit a mountain bike's 1" 25.4mm
threaded forks?

If so, say how much you would want for it. Alternatively I
could swap for the rather nice stainless steel Zoom quill
stem that is on the bike. It is short so has no upward
adjustment; reach of about 14cm and a rise of about 5cm.

Watch the spam trap if replying offline.

many thanks

Davy

"Davy" <[email protected]>typed

> I need to raise the handlebars of my mountain bike by
> about 9cm and shorten the reach by about the same. Does
> anybody have in their bits box a long quill stem with very
> little reach that would fit a mountain bike's 1" 25.4mm
> threaded forks?

> If so, say how much you would want for it. Alternatively I
> could swap for the rather nice stainless steel Zoom quill
> stem that is on the bike. It is short so has no upward
> adjustment; reach of about 14cm and a rise of about 5cm.

> Watch the spam trap if replying offline.

> many thanks

> Davy

I have a stumpneck type stem attached to touring handlebars.

I don't know if they would fit an MTB.

They would be free to someone who collected them.

Please email me off the newsgroup.

Perhaps I could have been a bit clearer on this.

I am looking for a quill stem that positions the bars about
19cm higher than the headset (I know that is a lot so I will
probably have to compromise). It needs to be designed for an
MTB cos MTBs have require of quill of 25.4mm diameter
whereas a road bikes stem is usually only 22mm or so.

I have searched the Edinburgh, Gearshift, SJS and Wiggle
catalogues - without luck. It is mostly all Ahead stuff
now. I long MTB quill with very little reach is very dated
which is why I am asking if someone might have one in their
spares box.

many thanks

Davy

[email protected]...