Weird problem with my new PT SL

MtWash

Aug 23, 2006
Hi,

Thought I might find some help here.

This is my third week with my new PT SL and everything was fine since last week-end when it started loosing signal. The weird thing is that it looses signal only in the first 5 to 10 minutes of a ride. After that, the signal is constant.

I read all the posts regarding intermittent loss of signal but my case seems unique.

I did all of my rides inside on the trainer (Kurt). At first, I thought that vibration was the problem so I tried all the possible mounting options but nothing worked. I changed the battery in the CPU and again, no improvement.

I have the "shark fin" receiver and from what I read, this is the latest version and should be fine compared to older versions that were trouble prone.

One possible cause could be that since I sweat a lot and it often drops on the CPU, there could be problems with the connection to the receiver. But if it was the case, wouldn't my connection problems appear later in my rides, when my CPU gets covered with sweat drops? (BTW, after each ride, when I remove the CPU for downloading, I noticed that there is a considerable amount of water on the receiver mount.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Did you try new batteries in the hub? Occasionally they might have a dud pair in there.

Sweat ain't good for anything on a bike, so if you can keep it dry that would be preferable. If on a trainer, a bit of clear cling film wrap would do the trick.