What happens when you oppose Bu$hCo too vigorously

limerickman said:
Neither you or anyone else knows where Binladen is living.
You haven't got a clue.
Reread my "river" comment.

Like a rat....or a cockroach....yeah he's calling the shots alright. :rolleyes:

BillM said:

Bill, YOU wrote he was a living in a cave.
You don't know that, Bill.

And as for calling the shots, Bill - Binladen is calling the shots, Bill.
You just can't bring yourself to acknowledge that, Bill.

BillM said:
Bin Laden is living like a rat in a cave.

Denial isn't just a river.
As bin Laden needs clean filtered water and a reliable supply of electricity for dialysis somehow I don't think he's living like a rat in cave.
The US isn't very interested in catching him anyway.He knows too much to be caught alive.
If the most powerful military machine on the planet can't locate one man it's because they don't want to.
The reason for invading Afghanistan was never about capturing bin Laden.It was about building the pipeline for Unocal and establishing a military presence for further attacks in the region.The armed services of the US have been used as corporate thugs for Unocal,Halliburton,Bechtel etc.etc.etc.,,and why not? It's their traditional role.
http://www.fas.org/man/smedley.htm
Smedley Butler on Interventionism

BillM said:
The UK was still in favor of invading Iraq this time.

If you could argue that Iraq did nothing wrong by invading Kuwait....then that speaks volumes....about you.

It isn't illegal if he authorized. America runs this show...or haven't you noticed.

;)
It was illegal under International Law.
The US is not the world.
You should really get out a bit,y'know?

ptlwp said:
Bush's main sins are

naivety
innocence
believing that people are better than they truly are
having a spiritual side to 'em
thinking he can change the natural ways of mankind
thinking that he can change any damn thing he wants

other that, he is a decent man, idealistic at worst
true to his spirit at best.
Well,no.
His main sins are that he's a murderer,a liar and a thief.
Idealistic? He wasn't idealistic when he deserted from the National Guard to avoid drug-testing.He wasn't idealistic when his country was at war and he signed up for the easy option of National Guard service to avoid going anywhere dangerous,like Vietnam.
Add cowardice and greed to his (long) list of sins.

BillM said:

What bin Laden wanted was US forces out of Saudi Arabia.Mission accomplished.
He also wanted Iraq to become a Moslem state.Mission accomplished.

PS. Watch out for those rolling eyes.If the wind changes...you'll be stuck with'em!
:D :D

limerickman said:
Bill, YOU wrote he was a living in a cave.
You don't know that, Bill.

And as for calling the shots, Bill - Binladen is calling the shots, Bill.
You just can't bring yourself to acknowledge that, Bill.
:rolleyes:

Tell the truth...you even annoy yourself.

stevebaby said:
It was illegal under International Law.
The US is not the world.
You should really get out a bit,y'know?
The parts of the world that we want to be ours.....it is our world.

It was tongue in cheek.....my god you guys are awfully defensive....it seems you have your girly panties all bunched up.

BillM said:
The parts of the world that we want to be ours.....it is our world.

It was tongue in cheek.....my god you guys are awfully defensive....it seems you have your girly panties all bunched up.
"Cheeks".
Plural,please.
:D :D :D

Why can't they all sort it out in the gladiatorial arena like in the old days? Even better, let's have Wurm as a secutor and Bush as a net-and-trident fighter.
I'm sure this would be a more peaceful world if the whole bunch of these fundamentalists just fought it out amongst themselves. :p

stevebaby said:
As bin Laden needs clean filtered water and a reliable supply of electricity for dialysis somehow I don't think he's living like a rat in cave.
The US isn't very interested in catching him anyway.He knows too much to be caught alive.
If the most powerful military machine on the planet can't locate one man it's because they don't want to.
The reason for invading Afghanistan was never about capturing bin Laden.It was about building the pipeline for Unocal and establishing a military presence for further attacks in the region.The armed services of the US have been used as corporate thugs for Unocal,Halliburton,Bechtel etc.etc.etc.,,and why not? It's their traditional role.

BillM said:

He has made the US spend countless billions on anti-terrorist infrastructure. Would you deny this :confused: He, as long as he is alive, is making the US spend money that bush would rather give to his already wealthy patrons/handlers :rolleyes: :mad: Ergo, he is calling the shots.

BillM said:

Naw Bill - it's you who's gone all defensive.

davidmc said:
He has made the US spend countless billions on anti-terrorist infrastructure. Would you deny this :confused: He, as long as he is alive, is making the US spend money that bush would rather give to his already wealthy patrons/handlers :rolleyes: :mad:

In a nutshell, Dave.

You've articulated the point that I had in mind re Binladen when trying to discuss it with, Bill.

stevebaby said:

Agreed.

BinLaden is Bush's raison d'etre : Bush doesn't want Binladen caught.
Better to have the bogeyman out there, somewhere.

That way, Bush and his minions can come up with lots of excuses to do things
while claiming to be "protecting America".

limerickman said:
In a nutshell, Dave.

You've articulated the point that I had in mind re Binladen when trying to discuss it with, Bill.
BillM seems like a rational individual however he appears to have swallowed Bu$hCo's talking points hook-line-and sinker. I, as I have said in the past, initially agreed w/ the invasion of Iraq, thinking as did the admin. that the people would welcome freedom of conscience & the right to have their votes tallied as it were. It, however is not my job to plan an after-war strategy, it was the administrations job w/ the relevant gov't agencies-military,cia, state dept, ect...This area seems to have been overlooked by the admin. to their and my detriment. The original prewar cost to babysit Iraq was @ 2 billion usd/year I beleive. Now it is 2 billion usd every other week. My initial cost analysis was wrong in that I thought it would be cheaper & morally better to overthrow/kill SH in Iraq. This has proven thus far to be inaccurate. However, my country took over 10 yrs to have a working federal gov't that had respect from the people. This process takes time. Lets face it-that country was being raped & pillaged by SH, Ouday & Qusay to the detriment of their people and the region at large. He had to be dealt w/ for among his other atrocities, violating sec. council res. 1441.

davidmc said:
I, as I have said in the past, initially agreed w/ the invasion of Iraq, thinking as did the admin. that the people would welcome freedom of conscience & the right to have their votes tallied as it were. It, however is not my job to plan an after-war strategy, it was the administrations job w/ the relevant gov't agencies-military,cia, state dept, ect...This area seems to have been overlooked by the admin. to their and my detriment. The original prewar cost to babysit Iraq was @ 2 billion usd/year I beleive. Now it is 2 billion usd every other week. My initial cost analysis was wrong in that I thought it would be cheaper & morally better to overthrow/kill SH in Iraq. This has proven thus far to be inaccurate. However, my country took over 10 yrs to have a working federal gov't that had respect from the people. This process takes time. Lets face it-that country was being raped & pillaged by SH, Ouday & Qusay to the detriment of their people and the region at large. He had to be dealt w/ for among his other atrocities, violating sec. council res. 1441.

The case for the war, in my opinion, never stood up.
Yes, Saddam was a bad man.
Yes, Saddam gassed the kurds.
Yes, saddam and his family ruled Iraq by fear, murder.

However Saddam was never a threat to the USA.
And only by being a threat - could the USA justify an invasion of Iraq.

The goodwill of the Iraqi people evaporated when it became clear that the USA's invasion allowed Iraq to descend in to anarchy.
It was obvious that Saddam keep a lid on the internal tensions between Sunni and Shia.
But with the creation of that vacuum - through invasion - Iraq slowly slipped from euphoria in to what we know see.

Also the invasion allowed Iraq to become a rallying point for foreign fighters who want to engage the USA.

The entire fiasco is a mess : the Iraqi people suffer the most.

davidmc said:
He has made the US spend countless billions on anti-terrorist infrastructure. Would you deny this :confused: He, as long as he is alive, is making the US spend money that bush would rather give to his already wealthy patrons/handlers :rolleyes: :mad: Ergo, he is calling the shots.
If you want to spin it that way...however I don't think Bin Ladens goal was to make the US spend money.

Besides...according to many on this forum Bush created this war so his buddies could profit from it.

So Bush and Bin Laden can't be running the show.....so when you guys are done spinning like a top....you decide who called the shots and created this war...was it Bush, was it Bin Laden or what?

I think some of you simply like to argue with any view point.....but we can all agree that Bush and Bin Laden can't be calling the shots....so pick one.

limerickman said:
Naw Bill - it's you who's gone all defensive.
You are good at arguing.....anyone ever tell you that? I thought not.

I am not defensive...I am offensive...remember....it's an American thing. We're simply offensive people.

limerickman said:
In a nutshell, Dave.

Yes so...let me get this straight...Bush went to war in Iraq for false reasons to profit from the war....however now you are claiming that it was actually Bin Laden calling the shots all along.

Yeah...you make sense.