whats a good 50's stile bike?

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
this summer I want to try to restore an old bike, anyone know a good old bike model/make to look for? (not motor bike, Bicycle:D )

Cycler6n said:
this summer I want to try to restore an old bike, anyone know a good old bike model/make to look for? (not motor bike, Bicycle:D )
Go to eBay and search for Vintage Bikes. There are a lot to choose from. There are old Schwinns, Puegots, Raleighs, etc. I prefer the Raleighs as there are a lot of parts availble for them on eBay also. The hardest thing that you are going to encounter is trying to get good decals. Let me know what bike you are going to restore ands I can direct you to some of my sources.

You can get a variety of bikes. You haven't provided enough information to really give a suggestion.

Are you looking for investment or to do something inexpensive for fun?

Just looking at some of the Schwinns... (there are many other good brands as well)

High end: Paramount

Mid level: LeTour

Entry level road: Varsity, Continental

"Tourist": Suburban

Cantilever (Tank bikes): Corvette, Jaguar

The time frames for the bikes listed above are from the 50's to the 80's... Cycling has been around for 100 years or so... There are many many choices.

oh sry, a 50's style cruser bike, I've got a road bike, now I just want something to bring to car shows to ride around on

Look on eBay for Cruiser Bikes. Schwinn has a couple that look kinda comfortable.

I found one, it was awesome lookin, but $550, ouch. I'd rather spend that on my road bike.

Cycler6n said:
I found one, it was awesome lookin, but $550, ouch. I'd rather spend that on my road bike.
In eBay, look in the collectibles area instead of cycling for 50's era cruisers...

Where are you located? In many parts of the country there are some nice finds in old barns... Ask around.

I know someone over at Bikeforums.net that sold me a 1955 Corvette for $10 and it needs a lot of work. I also got a 1961 Jaguar for free to clear up space at the bike shop.

I have put about $100 into getting them ridable, new rims tires. spokes and other miscellaneous parts.

dgregory57 said:
In eBay, look in the collectibles area instead of cycling for 50's era cruisers...

Where are you located? In many parts of the country there are some nice finds in old barns... Ask around.

I know someone over at Bikeforums.net that sold me a 1955 Corvette for $10 and it needs a lot of work. I also got a 1961 Jaguar for free to clear up space at the bike shop.

I have put about $100 into getting them ridable, new rims tires. spokes and other miscellaneous parts.
Too wet where I am, they'd be too rusty, NICE finds, those are some really cool bikes, at first I thiught you meant the car, 10$ would be rather cheap for a chevy stingray:p