Why Do Mountain Bikers ALWAYS Eat Salamander?

Jym Dyer

Guest
Missing man found in Mendocino
By GLENDA ANDERSON
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT | 20-Feb-2008

A Santa Rosa man who spent two nights lost in the woods of northern
Mendocino County was found cold, tired and hungry but otherwise
unharmed Tuesday night.

Nicholas Montoya, 29, and his friend, Errin Petty, 29, also of Santa
Rosa, were riding dirt bikes on logging roads near Irmulco Road on
Sunday when Montoya got lost, said Mendocino County Sheriff's Search
Commander Sgt. Kevin Cotroneo.

He spent his first night sleeping near his dirt bike and the second in
a culvert, he said.

He ate a couple of beetles and a salamander, which made him sick to
his stomach, said Cotroneo, who advises against eating salamanders.

Many types of salamanders are poisonous and can be lethal to eat.

Montoya on Tuesday made his way to Sherwood Road, west of Willits,
where a search and rescue reserve deputy found him at about 5:30 p.m.,
Cotroneo said.

There had been at least 25 people and two helicopters searching for
Montoya. They were hampered by the rain and low-lying fog, Cotroneo
said.

Montoya's bike, which he was test driving prior for a possible
purchase, has yet to be recovered, he said.

Jym , these guy's were riding MOTORCYCLES, not mountain bikes. Dumbass.

DUH!!!

"Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Missing man found in Mendocino
> By GLENDA ANDERSON
> THE PRESS DEMOCRAT | 20-Feb-2008
>
> A Santa Rosa man who spent two nights lost in the woods of northern
> Mendocino County was found cold, tired and hungry but otherwise
> unharmed Tuesday night.
>
> Nicholas Montoya, 29, and his friend, Errin Petty, 29, also of Santa
> Rosa, were riding dirt bikes on logging roads near Irmulco Road on
> Sunday when Montoya got lost, said Mendocino County Sheriff's Search
> Commander Sgt. Kevin Cotroneo.
>
> He spent his first night sleeping near his dirt bike and the second in
> a culvert, he said.
>
> He ate a couple of beetles and a salamander, which made him sick to
> his stomach, said Cotroneo, who advises against eating salamanders.
>
> Many types of salamanders are poisonous and can be lethal to eat.
>
> Montoya on Tuesday made his way to Sherwood Road, west of Willits,
> where a search and rescue reserve deputy found him at about 5:30 p.m.,
> Cotroneo said.
>
> There had been at least 25 people and two helicopters searching for
> Montoya. They were hampered by the rain and low-lying fog, Cotroneo
> said.
>
> Montoya's bike, which he was test driving prior for a possible
> purchase, has yet to be recovered, he said.

Are you really Mike Vandeman?

The rider was on a motorcycle, not a mountain bike, and just because one guy
ate one salamander does not mean that everybody always eats salamanders.
Indeed, I'd venture a guess that the guy in the story had never eaten a
salamander before, and never will again.

"Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Missing man found in Mendocino
> By GLENDA ANDERSON
> THE PRESS DEMOCRAT | 20-Feb-2008
>
> A Santa Rosa man who spent two nights lost in the woods of northern
> Mendocino County was found cold, tired and hungry but otherwise
> unharmed Tuesday night.
>
> Nicholas Montoya, 29, and his friend, Errin Petty, 29, also of Santa
> Rosa, were riding dirt bikes on logging roads near Irmulco Road on
> Sunday when Montoya got lost, said Mendocino County Sheriff's Search
> Commander Sgt. Kevin Cotroneo.
>
> He spent his first night sleeping near his dirt bike and the second in
> a culvert, he said.
>
> He ate a couple of beetles and a salamander, which made him sick to
> his stomach, said Cotroneo, who advises against eating salamanders.
>
> Many types of salamanders are poisonous and can be lethal to eat.
>
> Montoya on Tuesday made his way to Sherwood Road, west of Willits,
> where a search and rescue reserve deputy found him at about 5:30 p.m.,
> Cotroneo said.
>
> There had been at least 25 people and two helicopters searching for
> Montoya. They were hampered by the rain and low-lying fog, Cotroneo
> said.
>
> Montoya's bike, which he was test driving prior for a possible
> purchase, has yet to be recovered, he said.

........,-~*'`¯lllllll`*~,
.......,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,
....,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
...,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\
...;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
....\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
.....\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.....`~-~-,.(.(¯`*,`,
....\llllllllllll,-~*.......)_-\..*`*;..)
.....\,-*`¯,*`)....,-~*`~......../
......|/..././~,....-~*,-~*`;....../.\
...../.../././..,-,..*~,.`*~*......*...\
....|.../././.*`...\...........)..)¯`~,
....|././../...)..,.)`*~-,....../..|..).`~-,
..././.../.,*`-,...`-,.*`..,---....\../.../..|.....¯```*~-
.....(....)`*~-,..`*`.,-~*.,-*..|./.././....\
....*-,...`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*....|.,*...,*.|....\
.....*,...`-,.)-,......,-*`...,-*..(`-,.

..
"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Are you really Mike Vandeman?
>
> The rider was on a motorcycle, not a mountain bike, and just because one
> guy ate one salamander does not mean that everybody always eats
> salamanders. Indeed, I'd venture a guess that the guy in the story had
> never eaten a salamander before, and never will again.
>

> "Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Missing man found in Mendocino
>> By GLENDA ANDERSON
>> THE PRESS DEMOCRAT | 20-Feb-2008
>>
>> A Santa Rosa man who spent two nights lost in the woods of northern
>> Mendocino County was found cold, tired and hungry but otherwise
>> unharmed Tuesday night.
>>
>> Nicholas Montoya, 29, and his friend, Errin Petty, 29, also of Santa
>> Rosa, were riding dirt bikes on logging roads near Irmulco Road on
>> Sunday when Montoya got lost, said Mendocino County Sheriff's Search
>> Commander Sgt. Kevin Cotroneo.
>>
>> He spent his first night sleeping near his dirt bike and the second in
>> a culvert, he said.
>>
>> He ate a couple of beetles and a salamander, which made him sick to
>> his stomach, said Cotroneo, who advises against eating salamanders.
>>
>> Many types of salamanders are poisonous and can be lethal to eat.
>>
>> Montoya on Tuesday made his way to Sherwood Road, west of Willits,
>> where a search and rescue reserve deputy found him at about 5:30 p.m.,
>> Cotroneo said.
>>
>> There had been at least 25 people and two helicopters searching for
>> Montoya. They were hampered by the rain and low-lying fog, Cotroneo
>> said.
>>
>> Montoya's bike, which he was test driving prior for a possible
>> purchase, has yet to be recovered, he said.

> The rider was on a motorcycle, not a mountain bike, and
> just because one guy ate one salamander does not mean that
> everybody always eats salamanders. Indeed, I'd venture a
> guess that the guy in the story had never eaten a salamander
> before, and never will again.

=v= Your logic is indisputable. Your grasp of irony, satire,
humor, and parody, somewhat more disputable.

=v= To that I should perhaps add, typical mountain biker.
Or perhaps not,
<_Jym_>

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:28:23 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Are you really Mike Vandeman?

And Jeff claims he is "not damaged"! :)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:28:23 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Are you really Mike Vandeman?

> And Jeff claims he is "not damaged"! :)

Technically, that's a blatant lie. I never said anything about my relative
condition, I only said that you are damaged. There's a big difference. But,
you're only a PhD, and do not understand these nuances ...

On Feb 23, 3:39 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:28:23 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Are you really Mike Vandeman?

> And Jeff claims he is "not damaged"! :)
>

> >The rider was on a motorcycle, not a mountain bike, and just because one guy
> >ate one salamander does not mean that everybody always eats salamanders.
> >Indeed, I'd venture a guess that the guy in the story had never eaten a
> >salamander before, and never will again.

> >"Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> Missing man found in Mendocino
> >>        By GLENDA ANDERSON
> >> THE PRESS DEMOCRAT | 20-Feb-2008

> >> A Santa Rosa man who spent two nights lost in the woods of northern
> >> Mendocino County was found cold, tired and hungry but otherwise
> >> unharmed Tuesday night.

> >> Nicholas Montoya, 29, and his friend, Errin Petty, 29, also of Santa
> >> Rosa, were riding dirt bikes on logging roads near Irmulco Road on
> >> Sunday when Montoya got lost, said Mendocino County Sheriff's Search
> >> Commander Sgt. Kevin Cotroneo.

> >> He spent his first night sleeping near his dirt bike and the second in
> >> a culvert, he said.

> >> He ate a couple of beetles and a salamander, which made him sick to
> >> his stomach, said Cotroneo, who advises against eating salamanders.

> >> Many types of salamanders are poisonous and can be lethal to eat.

> >> Montoya on Tuesday made his way to Sherwood Road, west of Willits,
> >> where a search and rescue reserve deputy found him at about 5:30 p.m.,
> >> Cotroneo said.

> >> There had been at least 25 people and two helicopters searching for
> >> Montoya. They were hampered by the rain and low-lying fog, Cotroneo
> >> said.

> >> Montoya's bike, which he was test driving prior for a possible
> >> purchase, has yet to be recovered, he said.

> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande- Hide quoted text -

And MIKE claims his site and material is original...LOL.

> > And Jeff claims he is "not damaged"! :)

> Technically, that's a blatant lie. I never said anything about my relative
> condition, I only said that you are damaged. There's a big difference. But,
> you're only a PhD, and do not understand these nuances ...

Mike's life...if you can call it that...is based on lies Jeff! Just
read his remedial posts. and his PhD is as a lunchlady...hardly
considered a scientific basis as he tries to portray....of course he
will only claim

He only lies but claims everyone else does in his shallow
defence...even though we all speak the truth in regards to him
monotony.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> > And Jeff claims he is "not damaged"! :)

>> Technically, that's a blatant lie. I never said anything about my
>> relative
>> condition, I only said that you are damaged. There's a big difference.
>> But,
>> you're only a PhD, and do not understand these nuances ...

> Mike's life...if you can call it that...is based on lies Jeff! Just
> read his remedial posts. and his PhD is as a lunchlady...hardly
> considered a scientific basis as he tries to portray....of course he
> will only claim
>
> He only lies but claims everyone else does in his shallow
> defence...even though we all speak the truth in regards to him
> monotony.

Well, DUH!

[email protected] wrote:
>>> And Jeff claims he is "not damaged"! :)

>> Technically, that's a blatant lie. I never said anything about my relative
>> condition, I only said that you are damaged. There's a big difference. But,
>> you're only a PhD, and do not understand these nuances ...

> Mike's life...if you can call it that...is based on lies Jeff! Just
> read his remedial posts. and his PhD is as a lunchlady...hardly
> considered a scientific basis as he tries to portray....of course he
> will only claim
>
> He only lies but claims everyone else does in his shallow
> defence...even though we all speak the truth in regards to him
> monotony.

Well, you really have to give the guy some credit for bullshitting his
way to a PhD over who likes spicy foods....

Mike