Xes - Message Board

ryan_velo. said:
Today I did a century w/ the team, 3rd one this year. It was a big supported ride & I rode w/ several dudes from the team & we averaged just under 21. It was really bad ass & I felt strong and had a great finish.

Good stuff, my man.

3rd 100 this year : they become easier the more frequently you do them?
Not that they're ever easy but the more often you do them, the easier they become.

Well done.

limerickman said:
Good stuff, my man.

3rd 100 this year : they become easier the more frequently you do them?
Not that they're ever easy but the more often you do them, the easier they become.

Well done.
hi there well quiet on the western front.. no lectures, no silly stuff, no do gooders, do they ACTALLY speak like that in the US OF A.. MMMMMMMM, still there you go... into the silly season here, next proper event is july 16th, in between is 3 silly mountain TT's not for me, i get dropped on the mini stuff.. so its looking for a couple of events further a field, that means traveling over 120/130 miles to ride 60kms.. mm may just have a rest for a couple of weeks, then get back to it...see old JU won the Tde Siwizz, just, he may have got his TT legs back, but he was puffing a bit in the hills with 2/3rd rate climbers,,, we shall see, not convinced... very hot here. oh had to replace swimming pool pump, all back to normal now, fingers crossed.not much else, did 60ks this morning at a 31kph moyen, not too bad, infact it was my quickest time i have done ovewr this route,,, so who knows... thats about it... oh got one of my old mates with me fro a couple of days,, he was the pete fryer/ vets crit champ all in one season, not racing now, but can still go abit... see ya bon courage. YTD 6265 kms.....

FredC said:
Hey Ryan my pal, last year you see how many of us supported you in your hour of need. Great stuff from our Redneck Hillbillies pals. You've moved on from there, so these wankers are now easy meat for you.
Our men will always be here to help you.

So whats yer boy phil been up to? It seems he hasn't been posting lately and the last time he was posting you guys seemed to be quareling and what not:confused:

ryan_velo. said:
So whats yer boy phil been up to? It seems he hasn't been posting lately and the last time he was posting you guys seemed to be quareling and what not:confused:
ellow wat laqngue ar u speekin bon courage.

ryan_velo. said:
We fired him for taking the ****.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there well quiet on the western front.. no lectures, no silly stuff, no do gooders, do they ACTALLY speak like that in the US OF A.. MMMMMMMM, still there you go... into the silly season here, next proper event is july 16th, in between is 3 silly mountain TT's not for me, i get dropped on the mini stuff.. so its looking for a couple of events further a field, that means traveling over 120/130 miles to ride 60kms.. mm may just have a rest for a couple of weeks, then get back to it...see old JU won the Tde Siwizz, just, he may have got his TT legs back, but he was puffing a bit in the hills with 2/3rd rate climbers,,, we shall see, not convinced... very hot here. oh had to replace swimming pool pump, all back to normal now, fingers crossed.not much else, did 60ks this morning at a 31kph moyen, not too bad, infact it was my quickest time i have done ovewr this route,,, so who knows... thats about it... oh got one of my old mates with me fro a couple of days,, he was the pete fryer/ vets crit champ all in one season, not racing now, but can still go abit... see ya bon courage. YTD 6265 kms.....

BRF : good to hear from ya.

Been getting the miles in here : was out yesterday for a 4hr spin did 73 miles
over rolling terrain.
Tomorrow is 111 mile route - I've taken the day off to do it because I've got the Ring of Kerry ride on the 1st July and I need to start getting some long distance stuff in (100 miles +).
Thursday will be a 50 miler with the club.
Friday off. Saturday I'll travel to Dublin to go out with the old club for another
80 miler.

Weather here was great for the past two weeks (temps in the 20's).
Changed this week, more overcast.

Looking forward to the TDF? Not doing the Etape, BRF????????
Must be getting soft in your old age!
I know I am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FredC said:
We fired him for taking the ****.
Come again:confused: Any way today I did 70 miles today & my avg was 18.4, I hooked up w/ someone for 30 miles & I rode the rest alone. Yesterday I did an 18 mile group ride & the avg. was well over 24. It was a awsome b/c there was a really good turn out. Riding to & from the ride I got it 30 miles so & I reset my computer when I got there so by the time I got home my avg. was just over 20.

bikeriderfrance said:
Right then in my capacity as your tactical coach I suggest you get in touch with Jean who you may recall actually likes time trialing especially mountain TTs. This of course may sound wierd and probably is something to do with a sexual deviation (don't forget he's now in a mariners' club). But if he could tell you how to do IT you could save yourself a lot of petrol money and maybe even get down to your bad self as it were. I myself hate TTs and always tried to get them over with as quickly as possible.
We once rode a 2-up together and on the way out he did his best to slow us down (probably was enjoying it too much) however I was having nothing to do with this tactic and stormed on relentless BUT after the turn I was f.....d and Jean had to tow us back (more fun for him). How all the others still managed to go slower than we did I never did figure out!!!
Just think, a couple of TT wins would be a great boost to your palmarès, nobody would be sitting on your wheel and you wouldn't need to do any wheeling and dealing. You'd be a winner all round!!!

bikeriderfrance said:
Right then in my capacity as your tactical coach I suggest you get in touch with Jean who you may recall actually likes time trialing especially mountain TTs. This of course may sound wierd and probably is something to do with a sexual deviation (don't forget he's now in a mariners' club). But if he could tell you how to do IT you could save yourself a lot of petrol money and maybe even get down to your bad self as it were. I myself hate TTs and always tried to get them over with as quickly as possible.
We once rode a 2-up together and on the way out he did his best to slow us down (probably was enjoying it too much) however I was having nothing to do with this tactic and stormed on relentless BUT after the turn I was f.....d and Jean had to tow us back (more fun for him). How all the others still managed to go slower than we did I never did figure out!!!
Just think, a couple of TT wins would be a great boost to your palmarès, nobody would be sitting on your wheel and you wouldn't need to do any wheeling and dealing. You'd be a winner all round!!!

limerickman said:
BRF : good to hear from ya.

:
Looking forward to the TDF? Not doing the Etape, BRF????????
Must be getting soft in your old age!
I know I am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HI THERE, WELL EERR THE ETAPE WAS TOO EASY THIS YEAR, SO I AM DOIN THE MARMOTTE, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO THE THE HARDEST IN THE LAND, HERE WHAT IT SES..
La Marmotte is one of the toughest one-day cycling events in the World. "Only" 174km, but almost 17,000 feet of climbing. The event goes over the col de la Croix de fer, col du Telegraphe, col du Galibier and finishes at the top of one the most famous Tour de France climbs; Alpe d'Huez!

now then mi mateys, that one big event.....looking forward to it... must say its the last one i will do like this, next year i am doin the bordeaux/paris, 680 kms non stop, its only like a 12 hour tt isnt it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!whenis it, its on the 9th of july,, (( hey just had a look its on the 8th **** nearly missed it.)),i have put in no special training, just using my natural talent off climbing tempo, ie slow.. will bang on a 26 back sprocket with a 38 front ring.. should get me up emmm... hope so....

oh i think my TT trial training is going well, dropped mrs BRF this morning, on the last 20k back home,, she was still onmiweel at 32kph, **** i had to bang it in the 12 to get eroff... still thats progress.

still getting a few in, last week had a good week 440kms, this include a tourist randonnez on sunday, its mrs BRF touring club, **** there were loads of OLD men hanging around, and after a couple of coffee's and bread an pate' sarnies, we were off, 110 kms, 3 big climbs and bobs yer uncle,,, **** it was like a RR, still managed to work em over, teamed up with a blonde amazon, all legs and silver hair,, we outjumped the OAP's, up the last conk.. and got back first.. then rode another 20 kms home... so year to date 6675kms...bon courage. :):):) ps its mighty hot here, pool water is at 28c....pps :confused::confused::confused: pump i put in has packed up, it appears that industrial steel pumps used for fresh water do not like swimming pool water, its disolved all the rubber seals,,, so it down to le shop and a massive 285 euros for a proper SW pump.:confused::confused::confused::confused:.. **** that hurts....see ya.

bikeriderfrance said:
HI THERE, WELL EERR THE ETAPE WAS TOO EASY THIS YEAR, SO I AM DOIN THE MARMOTTE, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO THE THE HARDEST IN THE LAND, HERE WHAT IT SES..
La Marmotte is one of the toughest one-day cycling events in the World. "Only" 174km, but almost 17,000 feet of climbing. The event goes over the col de la Croix de fer, col du Telegraphe, col du Galibier and finishes at the top of one the most famous Tour de France climbs; Alpe d'Huez!

now then mi mateys, that one big event.....looking forward to it... must say its the last one i will do like this, next year i am doin the bordeaux/paris, 680 kms non stop, its only like a 12 hour tt isnt it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!whenis it, its on the 9th of july,, (( hey just had a look its on the 8th **** nearly missed it.)),i have put in no special training, just using my natural talent off climbing tempo, ie slow.. will bang on a 26 back sprocket with a 38 front ring.. should get me up emmm... hope so....

oh i think my TT trial training is going well, dropped mrs BRF this morning, on the last 20k back home,, she was still onmiweel at 32kph, **** i had to bang it in the 12 to get eroff... still thats progress.

still getting a few in, last week had a good week 440kms, this include a tourist randonnez on sunday, its mrs BRF touring club, **** there were loads of OLD men hanging around, and after a couple of coffee's and bread an pate' sarnies, we were off, 110 kms, 3 big climbs and bobs yer uncle,,, **** it was like a RR, still managed to work em over, teamed up with a blonde amazon, all legs and silver hair,, we outjumped the OAP's, up the last conk.. and got back first.. then rode another 20 kms home... so year to date 6675kms...bon courage. :):):) ps its mighty hot here, pool water is at 28c....pps :confused::confused::confused: pump i put in has packed up, it appears that industrial steel pumps used for fresh water do not like swimming pool water, its disolved all the rubber seals,,, so it down to le shop and a massive 285 euros for a proper SW pump.:confused::confused::confused::confused:.. **** that hurts....see ya.
I'm bloody well astounded as to how much easy money was about. You, as a time served plumber, and twice paid off from companies to buy a backyard place with a duckpond can't work out the eqivalent of Bearing Services Limited, and an O ring supplier using the correct polymeric composition for the job. Neither could you take a pump to bits, and renovate it.
This indicates that you were overpaid and useless.
On the other hand, our man in Toulouse knows where to source all these things including all the twiddly bits for the Airbus.
You might think he's a bum coach, but he could have saved you a fortune.
Never forget that when he lived in Martinique he was in charge of the pumps that moved the tides in and out twice a day, and they never failed.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there well i never still when u r a "S O G " its hard to keep up. bon courage..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Do try to keep it up, if only for Mrs BRF. I know its a love match but try not to go SOGgy on her.
Reminds me in a way about King Albert Hitchen, and Liz, but a bit different.
You stuck by your guns, and it paid off, along with everything else.
Bloody great stuff.

Well done BRF, I see that your neighbour Thor followed your coaching methods, and now has a couple of yellow jerseys. Methinks that Jaques was a bit hasty in making the wrong decision.
Hey listen to this one. HK is going to give me a pink Mercier issue to go with my GM maillot. How's that for retro?. It's a 54cm (just my size) and too big for diddy HK, so I'll get Peter Matthews to rebuild the wheels. Not a bit of carbon on it.
Someone said it was a puffy colour, so Pou-Pou's going round to sort him out.

FredC said:
Well done BRF, I see that your neighbour Thor followed your coaching methods, and now has a couple of yellow jerseys. Methinks that Jaques was a bit hasty in making the wrong decision.
Hey listen to this one. HK is going to give me a pink Mercier issue to go with my GM maillot. How's that for retro?. It's a 54cm (just my size) and too big for diddy HK, so I'll get Peter Matthews to rebuild the wheels. Not a bit of carbon on it.
hi there, i like pink, when i was in south africa,i ordered a new pennine frame, i wanted it in mercier pink, yes old poulidors colors.. well it duly arrived by ship, (3 months), but i got a phone call from our team manager, i had to go with to the customs office in port elizabeth.. we were hushered into a samll managers office, where i was **** out , that i had " imported, without consent a bicyle frame" alex ward the TM told the guy that i was the main man in the team, english, and did'nt know about the "RULES",, he let me have the frame, but said that i was on record, and next time, if there was one, i would be done, and the offending piece of equipment would be crushed...good old aparthied days bon courage.ps 38c intbakyardlad. oh ytd 7135 kims.....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

FredC said:
Well my last sponsor in France way back in 1975 was Gan Mercier. The pink bike was unfortunately stolen:eek: (in between time it had been to Martinique and came back on a banana boat), the jersey may be knocking around somewhere but as amateurs we had no pink bits on the sleeves, just blue and white, but I still have the tracksuit top and sometimes wear it!!!
Can't you get HK to give us some input on this forum?