Your daily eating routine.....

gman0482

Aug 13, 2009
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what some of your eating schedule's/routine's are ?

The reason is, I am 6'4" (1.95m) and weigh 175lbs (79kg). I guess that's ok for cycling, but my diet is horrible. I don't eat breakfast, eat very late lunch (maybe 2pm?) and a late dinner/supper. I was wondering what is are the best times to eat, and in what quantities?

Thanks,
-Greg

Greg,

Eat breakfast every day. You don't want to fast for 12 to 16 hours and then start eating mid day.

One of the biggest mistakes people make when trying to lose weight is to skip breakfast. It slows your metabolism which is what the body does when it thinks it's starving, encourages catabolism of your precious muscles and typically encourages folks to over eat when they finally get around to lunch.

Eat at least a small breakfast to keep your metabolism up, eat small meals or healthy snacks frequently throughout the day to reduce over eating at meal time and to avoid the metabolic binge and bust cycles you can get into with a three squares a day feeding pattern.

I have studied books by nutrition experts who also happen to be experts in the field of physics and energy. One common thing I find is that they recommend systematically undereating. This allows your body to have more time to flush wastes and to repair itself. I also rarely eat breakfast and have similar eating patterns as far as time goes... and seem to have alot of energy. I think the main thing to worry about is the food you are eating. The energetic resonance level or frequency of leafy greens is one of the highest as far as life-force value. I think you will find you have alot of energy if you eat raw organic veggies and leafy greens, whole grains, superfoods (Wheatgrass, Spirulina, Acai, etc.) and instead of heavy meat products go with lighter ones like fish or chicken. I am no dietician... but being vegetarian for most of my life has led me to much study in the field. I think that many will agree when I say that a natural diet that is free from refined, processed and pasteurized foods (the excessive heat kills beneficial enzymes)... will give one plenty of good energy :D

The whole "must eat breakfast" thing is a myth. People are always flooding their bodies with food and not giving their body enough time to flush and heal itself. Maybe it works for some to eat breakfast but for many it doesn't. Diet is a personal thing and we all have specific needs as well as views. A great Yogi once said... "we eat ourselves sick, and digest ourselves healthy". It is against the views of many martial arts and Yoga masters to eat a big breakfast... if any at all. :cool:

konasunset said:
I have studied books by nutrition experts who also happen to be experts in the field of physics and energy.

Hmmm. Experts in energy, eh? Kinetic energy? Potential energy? Binding energy? Where do you find experts on "energy?" I would think that chemistry, physics, and engineering will pretty cover everything you want to know about energy.

One common thing I find is that they recommend systematically undereating. This allows your body to have more time to flush wastes and to repair itself. I also rarely eat breakfast and have similar eating patterns as far as time goes... and seem to have alot of energy.

That common thing....it's just common to people who happen to think the same way, people that are in the minority when it comes to nutrition. How do you measure the energy you have? Have you done objective studies? It's amazing how one's perceptions can actually run counter to the physical reality. That's why the human brain isn't really considered an accurate sensor.

The energetic resonance level or frequency of leafy greens is one of the highest as far as life-force value.

Ok, that made me laugh out loud. What exactly is resonating? There has to be something. And what the f**k is the "frequency" of leafy greens? Did someone measure it? Frequency in terms of what? You realize, don't you, that frequency and energy are not the same things, right? Did some of those physicists and energy experts devine the "frequency" of cabbage? Collard greens? I've heard that cabbage and collard greens develop a lot of energy if you spread enough bullsh**t on them.

Life-force value? What a joke. Why don't you leave your religion at the door.

Well obviously then you have never heard of something called science... and even a fancier word... "physics". Don't let me confuse you here. Just because your entire existence is based on alienating people and ridiculing them doesn't mean you are right. And you don't have to swear at me. I did nothing to provoke this. I don't follow you around and say assinine things about your postings... so lay off there buddy. You see... our bodies are electric, and follow an energetic template. It is nothing new to Eastern medicine. There is a life-force within everything. I did not just make up this idea. Maybe I am offering an alternative to some of the more common ideas out there... but this is age-old wisdom. I am not promoting religion here. I am promoting science. Our bodies have to incorporate every molecule we consume. And those molecules contain energy. They also 'resonate' at a certain 'frequency'. And that frequency is measured in Hertz. If you want to laugh at me... you can also laugh at Tony Robbins and a group of the world's leading researchers who he gathered this evidence from. It is not only him who has said this but many many experts in this field. As far as green vegetables go... they contain chlorophyll which is converted sunlight and that is one of the main reasons they provide such readily available energy. People talk about energy all day but don't want to believe there is an energetic resonance or frequency in their bodies or food? Yes I know that frequency and resonance are two different things. That's why I said both words. Is that too hard too understand? Grow up Alienator. Show some respect. Obviously your Mom didn't teach you any manners....:mad:

konasunset said:
Well obviously then you have never heard of something called science... and even a fancier word... "physics". Don't let me confuse you here. Just because your entire existence is based on alienating people and ridiculing them doesn't mean you are right. And you don't have to swear at me. I did nothing to provoke this. I don't follow you around and say assinine things about your postings... so lay off there buddy. You see... our bodies are electric, and follow an energetic template. It is nothing new to Eastern medicine. There is a life-force within everything. I did not just make up this idea. Maybe I am offering an alternative to some of the more common ideas out there... but this is age-old wisdom. I am not promoting religion here. I am promoting science. Our bodies have to incorporate every molecule we consume. And those molecules contain energy. They also 'resonate' at a certain 'frequency'. And that frequency is measured in Hertz. If you want to laugh at me... you can also laugh at Tony Robbins and a group of the world's leading researchers who he gathered this evidence from. It is not only him who has said this but many many experts in this field. As far as green vegetables go... they contain chlorophyll which is converted sunlight and that is one of the main reasons they provide such readily available energy. People talk about energy all day but don't want to believe there is an energetic resonance or frequency in their bodies or food? Yes I know that frequency and resonance are two different things. That's why I said both words. Is that too hard too understand? Grow up Alienator. Show some respect. Obviously your Mom didn't teach you any manners....:mad:

I will laugh at you. I have heard of that science thing. I'm pretty sure that's what I was learning when I got my Physics degree, and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing in grad school. I think it's really cool that you copped a couple science terms, but that doesn't mean you understand, nor does it prove any of the silly stuff your saying. You completely do not understand resonance, and the significance of resonance, no matter the system to which you're applying it. It then follows that you have no clue what the second law of thermodynamics implies and how it couples with the conservation of energy, things which are, by the way, inviolate.

While I'm at it, I will laugh at Tony Robbins. World's leading researchers? Yeah, right. Maybe according to him, but then he's nothing but a well paid shyster doing what it takes to con people out of their money.

Age old wisdom. You mean to say age old quackery.

Now, go back to the commune and play with your crystals before bedtime comes.

Resonance in leafy vegetables. What a hoot! Pray tell, what exactly is resonating in the lettuce? Please be specific. If it's a certain molecule, please name it. If it's a certain structure, please name it. Oh, and you're going to have to say what the driving force is for said resonance. Would that resonance be under damped, over damped, or critically damped? Why? What is the source of the damping force? What sort of frequencies, numerically, are we talking about? Did Tony say? Are you also talking about resonance on the atomic level? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to get the details from you.

konasunset said:
I have studied books by nutrition experts who also happen to be experts in the field of physics and energy. One common thing I find is that they recommend systematically undereating. This allows your body to have more time to flush wastes and to repair itself. I also rarely eat breakfast and have similar eating patterns as far as time goes... and seem to have alot of energy. I think the main thing to worry about is the food you are eating. The energetic resonance level or frequency of leafy greens is one of the highest as far as life-force value. I think you will find you have alot of energy if you eat raw organic veggies and leafy greens, whole grains, superfoods (Wheatgrass, Spirulina, Acai, etc.) and instead of heavy meat products go with lighter ones like fish or chicken. I am no dietician... but being vegetarian for most of my life has led me to much study in the field. I think that many will agree when I say that a natural diet that is free from refined, processed and pasteurized foods (the excessive heat kills beneficial enzymes)... will give one plenty of good energy :D

I copied your quote and posted it to a friend, in the Antipodes, via the Interweb Mail Service. He's not really any good at mincing words, and this is what he had to say:
The problem with this sort of phoney **** is that there are a few nuggets of truth in there, eg. refined processed food, but it's buried in wholesale tripe.
As for the latent energetic, energy released by the humming power of Ummm, that is up there with drinking one's own pee and rubbing one's feet with the skeleton of the holy batfish on alternative days, but only after the dolphins have eaten crystal quartz and been hugged by three rainbow clad lesbians, all named Fern and wearing recycled tampons.
Sounds about right.

konasunset said:
A great Yogi once said... "we eat ourselves sick, and digest ourselves healthy".

No, I don't think he did. Afterall, he was smarter than the average bear, but he never engaged in any mysticism. Come to think of it, no Hanna-Barbera characters ever did. Was there something lacking in their psyche? Or were they untroubled by food and an eating regime?

Then there's this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RwB5Nr6JWM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- The new physics of homeopathy[/ame] .

And comments from an astute commentator at Home of the Ratbags on the Net .
When I wrote last week about the homeopathic use of reflected planetary light I thought I had reached the limit of woowoo stupidity. Then I saw this. The stupidity here is so dense it bends light. Sort of like if you condensed all the mass in the universe down to the size of a bowling ball, therefore making it irrelevant in equations about the universe.

I had to stop watching. I had the distinct feeling that Dr Werner had herself collapsed to the maximum density possible in the universe. No, not a neutron star but something even denser, a moron pulsar, spinning on her axis every 1.33 seconds and emitting blinding flashes of unimaginably hot stupid.

I try to eat three square meals per day.

Depending on the time of year, this is my schedule :

Breakfast would include several pieces of toast, some cereal and a cup of tea.
I take a vitamin C table (1000mgs), to try to ward off colds.

Lunch would be a salad sandwich with a cup of tea. (lunch is taken at any time between 12.30 and 14.30hrs).

Dinner.
If I am in training/going for a spin on the bike in the evening, I may eat dinner between 12.30 and 14.30hrs.
If I am not training that day, I eat dinner between 18.30 and 19.30.
Dinner would include rice/chicken/ peppers sauces, or pasta with chicken and sauces, or fraijetas with salad and sauces.
For dessert, I may have a bun or several biscuits – and tea.

That’s about it as regards food consumption weekdays.

At weekends, dinner would include potatos, with steak and or lamb, collieflower, peas, carrots.

konasunset said:
The energetic resonance level or frequency of leafy greens is one of the highest as far as life-force value.

Oh. My. Dear. God...

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa.

I thought life-force value was something you spotted on 1980s video games. Maybe you expect midi-chlorians to give you The Force and help you stave off the evil that is the Galactic Empire and it's onslaught of their new super weapon the Big Mac and it's super high fructose corn syrup powered laser...

Show me a 'leafy green' energetically resonating, Mr Science.

Protein shake for breakfast except for weekends when I have solid food in the morning.
I consume about 400 calories for lunch.
I have a sensible meal in the evening and try and alternate types of vegetables. If I am anticipating a long bike ride I carb up the night before. Sometimes I will ride on a empty stomach in the evening and eat later.
I try and have sex on a regular basis and this is what makes my inner lifeforce resonant with the universe.

jhuskey said:
I try and have sex on a regular basis and this is what makes my inner lifeforce resonant with the universe.

bit too much info there, JH:D

Get a life Alienator. I don't recall ever asking for your opinion. And I will not respond to any more of your infantile remarks. You are the rudest person I have ever come across. I don't know you nor do I care to know you. And if you don't stop ripping apart every one of my posts.... I will continue to report you to this forum. I guess you think you own this place or something. Why don't you start saying something worthwhile instead of trying to act like the biggest idiot known to mankind. Leave me alone weirdo...:mad:

Thanks everyone,

I just rescently started to eat breakfast about 5 days ago. The trick I read about is to set a deadline in the evening before. So I stop eating at 6:30PM, no matter if it's even 1 cookie. Now I'm hungry when I wake up. I get up at 4:30AM everyday, so the 1st thing I did was drink 2 cups of coffee, now I eat 1st.

My other problem was, I would leave without breakfast, and once I started work, I would get so busy that I don't find time to stop somewhere and by lunch. Now I started to make a chicken caesar salad every night, and take it w/ me.

I still need to work on all of my eating habits. Still eat alot of junk food. But no matter what or how much I eat, I can't gain any weight. Here's a pic of me this July. I'm not trying to put on weight, but I know I can feel and ride much better if I only ate right. (quiting smoking was the best thing for me as well. Going on my 6th month)

Thanks,
-Greg

Well it sounds like you are both full of ****. Drinking pee? This is your smart friend? Well I think you both need to find something better to do than try to prove me wrong. I will gather my research... and explain this in a manner that even a child could understand... so it won't go flying over your ignorant skulls. I don't feel obligated to prove these theories to you. but since you are calling me out I will rise to the challenge. It shouldn't be too difficult to put you clowns in your place....:cool:

konasunset said:
Get a life Alienator. I don't recall ever asking for your opinion. And I will not respond to any more of your infantile remarks. You are the rudest person I have ever come across. I don't know you nor do I care to know you. And if you don't stop ripping apart every one of my posts.... I will continue to report you to this forum. I guess you think you own this place or something. Why don't you start saying something worthwhile instead of trying to act like the biggest idiot known to mankind. Leave me alone weirdo...:mad:

Their not my opinions. It's me challenging your "facts". FWIW last night I stared at a head of lettuce, whilst imaging it with a speckle holography system and energizing the head by exposing it to a continuous range of sonic frequencies. I was unable to image any harmonic modes. Maybe the lettuce was drained of all life-force.

Over the next few days I'll try to identify the plasma and Rabi frequencies of lettuce. FWIW, I'm using Romaine. I don't know if other lettuce types, say Iceberg, are more energetic or have a greater life-force.

konasunset said:
Well it sounds like you are both full of ****. Drinking pee? This is your smart friend? Well I think you both need to find something better to do than try to prove me wrong. I will gather my research... and explain this in a manner that even a child could understand... so it won't go flying over your ignorant skulls. I don't feel obligated to prove these theories to you. but since you are calling me out I will rise to the challenge. It shouldn't be too difficult to put you clowns in your place....:cool:

Oh goody: a lesson in quack science! I hope you're as entertaining as the lady in the video. She was a lot of fun, if not completely misguided and painfully ignorant of physical laws. I can't wait to hear your childlike interpretation of science.