Your daily eating routine.....

konasunset said:
I will gather my research... and explain this in a manner that even a child could understand... so it won't go flying over your ignorant skulls.

While you are doing this to assist M. Alienator and his angry friend, I'd be really grateful if you can elucidate me also. My 8 year old son has great problems understanding why he should eat his vegetables, ideally, and I am completely hopeful, you will be able to explain why they are important to his well being.
I tried to paraphase your earlier writings for him, but he just looked weirdly at me when I told him about buzzing plants and now won't even walk on the grass for fear of electric shock. I have a meeting at his school today because he told his class at morning news about the electric grass and now the entire class won't go on the playing field. This is a major issue for their rugby team, who have an important match tomorrow and don't want to lose by default.

Also I have researched Yogi Bear more thoroughly and he never made mention of any eating issues. What episode are you referring to?

Thanks in advance for your prompt assistance.

gman0482 said:
Thanks everyone,

I just rescently started to eat breakfast about 5 days ago. The trick I read about is to set a deadline in the evening before. So I stop eating at 6:30PM, no matter if it's even 1 cookie. Now I'm hungry when I wake up. I get up at 4:30AM everyday, so the 1st thing I did was drink 2 cups of coffee, now I eat 1st.

My other problem was, I would leave without breakfast, and once I started work, I would get so busy that I don't find time to stop somewhere and by lunch. Now I started to make a chicken caesar salad every night, and take it w/ me.

I still need to work on all of my eating habits. Still eat alot of junk food. But no matter what or how much I eat, I can't gain any weight. Here's a pic of me this July. I'm not trying to put on weight, but I know I can feel and ride much better if I only ate right. (quiting smoking was the best thing for me as well. Going on my 6th month)

Thanks,
-Greg

Greg, I always had a hard time trying to gain weight when I was younger. I ate a lot for someone my size ( 5'10" 160lbs), and took weight gain supplements.

When I got around 40 years old it was like someone flipped a switch and I not only gained weight, but I got FAT!

I lost the weight by changing my eating habits based on the advice of a nutritionist my doctor sent me to. Now my weight stays very stable at around 160lbs again.

As someone already mentioned in an earlier post, most people that study nutrition will tell you that it is better to eat small amounts of good food several times throughout the day, rather than eating only 3 larger meals per day.

The trick is to figure out how much you need to eat, based on your physical size, metabolic rate, how much you exercise, etc.

Hello Alienator I want to thank you. You have inspired me to write a research paper. I have been uncovering loads of great information from multiple reputable sources. Just google 'resonant frequency'. Every organism on this planet has a resonant frequency. This theory seems to originate with Nicola Tesla. Of course they thought he was a quack also... but he invented the radio, AC electricity, X-rays, wireless technology... and made a whole lot of other useful and amazing discoveries. Many scientists understand the theory that every organism as well as inanimate matter... has a resonant frequency. A rate at which it vibrates which is measured in Hertz. Ok so the human body has an ideal resonant frequency in which it is enabled to heal itself much easier and be virtually completely resistant to disease... because its cells resonate at a higher frequency than the frequency of the cells of the attacking virus or bacteria...etc.
The Earth itself vibrates within a certain range of resonant frequency of 3-69 Hertz. This is called the Schumann Resonance.
My point is... if you do the research you will find it. Not from quacks but even from scientists from places like Oxford... and specifically in the research of Nicola Tesla.
I don't expect anyone to believe this... in fact I expect quite the opposite. It takes a developed spiritual mind and also a fearlessness to believe a theory which is not spoonfed to us in school,.. or on television. But that is where visionaries pave the path for humanity... which is blinded primarily by its own pride, greed. and selfishness.
So thank you Alienator for your challenge. Without you I wouldn't have made some important dicoveries which have strengthened my convictions about this theory. Enjoy your day. If you ever respond to me rudely again... I will never respond to you. So it's up to you if you want to be friends or enemies. But I still accept you as a human being. You are smart but incredibly arrogant. Just remember that pride comes before a fall....:cool:

konasunset said:
This theory seems to originate with Nicola Tesla. Of course they thought he was a quack also... but he invented the radio, AC electricity, X-rays, wireless technology... and made a whole lot of other useful and amazing discoveries.

Hi Again,
I'm still kinda stuck with the school authorities, actually since my son made reference to having "Electric Cabbage" at school I have been persona non grata. This is most galling as I am completely innocent, merely following your advice. Can you please help.
Also, we rang his grandparents to talk about my upcoming x-rays that I need for an accident the resulted from the improper use of some tools, we mentioned about your teachings and that Tesla invented X-Rays. Yet again they seized the opportunity to belittle me when that disabused me of that notion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Conrad_RöntgenThey correctly informed me that Wilhelm Rontgen was the man who discovered X-Rays. This has caused me much shame. It's also caused me to question my earlier beliefs relating to vibrating vegetables and your other teachings.
Re Yogi Bear, are you sure it was him? It wasn't Smokey Bear?, or maybe a Disney character? They are quite prone to uttering truisms.
Can you please help me?

Once again, thanks in advance for your prompt assistance.

64Paramount said:
The trick is to figure out how much you need to eat, based on your physical size, metabolic rate, how much you exercise, etc.

That's exactly what I'm trying to find out. I just don't know how I can calculate all of that info to tell me what/when/how much to eat. I do eat alot, but just rescently started eating healthy like everyday a chicken caesar salad for lunch and a banana.

Dumb questrion.... Does a regular health insurance (bluecross) cover a nutritionist ?

-Greg

konasunset said:
Hello Alienator I want to thank you. You have inspired me to write a research paper. I have been uncovering loads of great information from multiple reputable sources. Just google 'resonant frequency'. Every organism on this planet has a resonant frequency. This theory seems to originate with Nicola Tesla. Of course they thought he was a quack also... but he invented the radio, AC electricity, X-rays, wireless technology... and made a whole lot of other useful and amazing discoveries. Many scientists understand the theory that every organism as well as inanimate matter... has a resonant frequency. A rate at which it vibrates which is measured in Hertz. Ok so the human body has an ideal resonant frequency in which it is enabled to heal itself much easier and be virtually completely resistant to disease... because its cells resonate at a higher frequency than the frequency of the cells of the attacking virus or bacteria...etc.

First, when making a scientific argument, you can't claim something is true just because some authority said it was. You have to base the argument on results of tests, calculations, and the like. For example, using Tesla as proof that vegetables resonate and that this has something to do with health is a non-starter. If you do that, the first thing you have to do is acknowledge the errors Tesla made. For example, Tesla believed that the General Theory of Relativity was/is wrong. He believed that everything was energy, that there was no space-time to bend. However, the GTR has been verified many times, including the discovery of the precession of Mercury's perihelion in it's solar orbit and how that precession matched the prediction from GTR; through the many examples of gravitational lensing; and through the succesful demonstrations of time proceeding at different rates on Earth and in Space.

More simply, in science there is no "authority" in human form. The "authority" is the method and proof. Full stop. Tesla did zero experiments and obtained zero results that speak to your claims re: resonance, "life-force", healing, health, and so on.

The Earth itself vibrates within a certain range of resonant frequency of 3-69 Hertz. This is called the Schumann Resonance.

The Earth does not "resonate" at Schumann frequencies. The Earth's electric field does have a set of points in it's spectrum that correspond to electric discharges, specifically lightning. The Earth doesn't resonante: it's electric field does, at certain frequencies, low frequencies, when lighting is going off. Those frequencies are those at which the Schumann resonance occurs.

It's never been scientifically shown that there is systemic resonant frequency of the human corpus or of lettuce. Elements of the human body can resonate. For example, Hydrogen nuclei can resonate and radiate radio waves when the human body--and even lettuce--is exposed to a magnetic field or an oscillating electromagetic field. Uhm, that's Nuclear Magnetic Resonance imaging is all about.

You seem to be confused about resonance itself. Resonance is not something that exits in isolation. Resonance is the response to an outside force or field. It is a finite response, although in terms of some astronomical events, the half life of that response can be quite long. You see, for resonance to be a permanent state, you need infinite energy to excite said resonant condition forever. There has never been scientific identification of any temporally unbounded resonance in nature. The source can't be gravity, about the only long acting force I can think of (Even that's not really true, as Gravity isn't considered to be constant but instead related to the radius of the Universe. Given that most cosmological models now consider the Universe to be ever expanding, gravitational force will eventually approach zero). You can see from the mathematical definition of gravity (F=G*m1*m2/r^2) there is no source for the oscillation. So there is no other source available to provide resonance without bound.

My point is... if you do the research you will find it. Not from quacks but even from scientists from places like Oxford... and specifically in the research of Nicola Tesla.

This is a throw away statement which does nothing to further your arguments. The reference to Oxford is another authority argument which as stated earlier proves absolutely nothing and serves no purpose in a scientific or otherwise objective argument.

I don't expect anyone to believe this... in fact I expect quite the opposite. It takes a developed spiritual mind and also a fearlessness to believe a theory which is not spoonfed to us in school,.. or on television. But that is where visionaries pave the path for humanity... which is blinded primarily by its own pride, greed. and selfishness.

So, science is spoon fed? Actually science is based on rigorous procedure, namely the Scientific Method. I'll leave it to you to look up the definition if you're not already familiar with it. Implicit in that method is the idea that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And, as it happens, the method allows others to test the claims and results on their own, exactly duplicating the claimants experimental setup and procedure. Again, none of your claims have held up to scientific scrutiny. This scrutiny can't be held lightly or treated lightly, because at its core, it's designed to prevent influence of human bias on experiments. There are a multitude of examples wherein experimenters didn't hold to the method and thus made tragic flaws. Look up Dr's Fleischmann and Pons and their infamous declaration in 1989 re: cold fusion.

Let me say it again: there hasn't been a single report in a scientific journal that supports your claims re: the links between resonance, life-force, healing, et al. If you'd like to place your beliefs and/or claims in the realm of pseudoscience, junk science, mysticism, religion, or some other such category, you are free to do so as those categories do not require any sort of rigorous proof. Don't be quick, though, to disregard rigorous proof. Over 400 years of it have vetted Newtonian Mechanics. For nearly the last century, it has continued to verify claims of the theories of Special Relativity and General Relativity, and predictions of Quantum Mechanics, all three being things that science, at the beginning, and in the middle, of the last century found difficult to swallow.

As for your statement in general, it is not a valid scientific argument. It is a statement of philosophy and/or of religion, neither of which require objectivity. Moreover, your statement precludes argument: given there is an opposing side, in an argument, your statement tries to immediately label the opposing argument as wrong because it doesn't come from what you call "developed spiritual mind." In essence, you're saying if someone doesn't believe your religion, they're wrong, no matter what objective analysis shows.

So thank you Alienator for your challenge. Without you I wouldn't have made some important dicoveries which have strengthened my convictions about this theory. Enjoy your day. If you ever respond to me rudely again... I will never respond to you. So it's up to you if you want to be friends or enemies. But I still accept you as a human being. You are smart but incredibly arrogant. Just remember that pride comes before a fall....:cool:

I hope your post wasn't your research paper. I look forward to reading your "paper" when you're finished with it. The rest of this last quote by you really does nothing for your argument.

gman0482 said:
That's exactly what I'm trying to find out. I just don't know how I can calculate all of that info to tell me what/when/how much to eat. I do eat alot, but just rescently started eating healthy like everyday a chicken caesar salad for lunch and a banana.

Dumb questrion.... Does a regular health insurance (bluecross) cover a nutritionist ?

-Greg

Insurance might pay for a dietician. I doubt it will pay for a nutritionist.

gman0482 said:

-Greg

They should outline their policies on their website and documentation they sent you.

If they don't cover a dietician or nutritionist, look at it as an investment.

gman0482 said:

-Greg

I doubt if your insurance will cover it unless you are about to die or, are already dead and discussed it with your insurance company prior to the event.

Just out of curiosity I went to ask.com and typed in how calories should I eat each day.

I got a lot of hits, many with calorie calculators, and I tried a few just to see how they would work for me.

Surprisingly, most of them are pretty close in calculating my calorie needs.

So, for lack of anything better you might try some of those and get an average.

gman0482 said:
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what some of your eating schedule's/routine's are ?

The reason is, I am 6'4" (1.95m) and weigh 175lbs (79kg). I guess that's ok for cycling, but my diet is horrible. I don't eat breakfast, eat very late lunch (maybe 2pm?) and a late dinner/supper. I was wondering what is are the best times to eat, and in what quantities?

Thanks,
-Greg

Hi Greg, I finally learned the right diet for my metabolic type which is six to 12 ounces of protein like steak chicken or fish and a full plate of steamed vegetables three times a day. Best times to eat are the times that will keep your blood sugar going during the most demanding parts of the day. If you have any questions let me know if you want to get hooked up with my nutritionist.

cheers
Johnny
Local Bicycle Trader

konasunset said:
Get a life Alienator. I don't recall ever asking for your opinion. And I will not respond to any more of your infantile remarks. You are the rudest person I have ever come across. I don't know you nor do I care to know you. And if you don't stop ripping apart every one of my posts.... I will continue to report you to this forum. I guess you think you own this place or something. Why don't you start saying something worthwhile instead of trying to act like the biggest idiot known to mankind. Leave me alone weirdo...:mad:
Wow - quite a thread.

Kona, I don't have a dog in this fight and if you want to stop getting hit, quit leaving yourself so wide open.

Dave

Hello,
Never ever skip breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day. It is said that one should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a minister & dine like a pauper. Have a wholesome breakfast of high energy food (cereals, fruits, milk); followed by lighter lunch of veggies, curds and have light dinner of say soup & sandwich. More importantly have small healthy snacks mid-morning and something with evening tea/coffee/juice (cereal bar, an apple/banana, biscuits etc

due to the fact that i am in college, my eatting routine is simplified as nomnomnomnomnom anytime possible. if i was to go into more detail would be about 4 meals a day.

Daily i am eating bread and butter with milk in a breakfast. While lunch break any fast food like pizza,burger, pepsi etc.. In the dinner any chicken with rise and wine or vodka..