Your favourite meal/recipe?

Sikhandar said:
:D perfect! If I come to australia I know where to go... I *love* chinotto...
also it is often available in many cafes in Australia, i prefer a chinotto rather than a coffee in the summer. I have noticed it in the continental section of local supermarkets. I have also noticed limonatta and an orange version as well in the same small bottles/six packs.

I still remember the taste of the Gelato I ate in Pisa when I was there a few years back, that was a winner!! not near the touristy tower!! but in the middle of town.:p I could live on Gelato.

Rockslayer said:
I still remember the taste of the Gelato I ate in Pisa when I was there a few years back, that was a winner!! not near the touristy tower!! but in the middle of town.:p I could live on Gelato.
;) right move not going near the tower, all the things are extremely more expensive than anywhere (they cost about 150% than elsewhere...)!

When I was a kid, my favorite meal was sausages, mashed potato and beans/peas. I nearly always got it on my birthday. Now on my birthday I get my current favorite meal which would be a 14oz BBQ grilled prime rib-eye steak with mashed potato and beans/peas.

I guess after thirty years of thrashing it out at school, university and various jobs, that is my life achievement really. What my life purpose has boiled down to. Putting a rib-eye steak on my birthday plate instead of three pork sausages.

A good pasta with ground chicken, sausage, shrimp, peppers, and Prego sauce would do fine. Gotta have Prego every other sauce is too watery for me. Finished with my homemade Praline Cheesecake.

Hmm, that's a tricky one.

Starter: Spanish chickpea salad with lemon and olive oil OR a really good chowder;

main course: roast free-range chicken with chestnut stuffing OR roast iraqui lamb marinaded in yoghurt, orange juice, garlic, onion and herbs with basmati rice and roast mediterranean vegetables;

Dessert: fresh english strawberries with frozen yoghurt OR scottish raspberries with home-made ice cream OR afogatto (vanilla ice cream in a pool of expresso coffee)

To drink: a really good red wine!:)

Here in California, we have several FAST Food restaurants, one of which is Carl's Jr. and I like the way they cook their hamburgers.

Fat beef steak,with any red wine. Mashed potatoes, corn on the cob.

After dinner, cocktails and cigars on the patio.

Chance3290 said:
In the mid-80s I was working in Germany and stopped by a restaurant in the Giessen-Wetzlar area. It was an Italian restaurant, run by an Irish fellow who refused to speak english:confused: . Anyway, he served a plate of spagetti with a oil and garlic sauce that was so good I ate there every night for a week. He wouldn't give up the formula for the secret sauce.
Every once in a while I'll try my hand at duplicating the sauce, so far, no luck.
Try a good quality olive oil, and finely (very finely) slice the garlic. Try adding a bit of butter into the mix.

Well. . .I have so many favorite meals, all are vegetarian! A good Pad Thia Jay, Bel Poori followed by a masala Dosa from a good Indian restaraunt , check out the bel poori vegetarian restaurant in norwood london. Spaggetti with Pesto and garlic bread, with a nice bottle of grenache from south east Australia. And then as a comfort food I like good old toad in the hole with quorn veggie sausages. Food Food!!! Now I'm Hungry!!!

Chris

:D

Well, the one I could offer for a sweet supper, nice for your teeth conserving:

MIX TOGETHER:
cottage cheese,
sour-cream,
sugar,

Proportions do not matter, the only thing to care about -- the meal should not be too hard (due to the lack of sour cream) and should be sweet enough.

Try -- you ain't gonna regret!!!

MountainPro said:
pasta, pizza and rice noodles?

nah, what about some boiled sheep guts, brain parts and eyeballs all serves up in a pigs bowel.

Haggis is the only food for me.
Not my favorite for dinner, but for on a roll for breakfast, or covered in oat meal an pan fried for starters is ace.

Too many favs to mention but tonight I made roast chicken, with a tomato, chillie, corriander, finley diced onion, olive oil and garlic marinade.. It rocked

There's nothing like a "gallina pinta"... the literal translation is "spotted hen", but it has nothing to do with chickens.

It's a mexican, actually sonoran soup made with beef and bones rom the cow's tail and/or ribs.

You put about one pund of beef and bones in a pot along with a garlic head, a medium size onion, a tomato, an anaheim chile (not spicy all), half a pound of beans and half a pound of nixtamal (it's processed corn for tortillas before it's grounded. Yu can get it in any mexican food store).

You fill the pot with water and cook it until the beans and the corn are tender. Then you season it with salt, some chicken bouillon and cilantro. You let it boile for about 10 more minutes and it's ready to serve. You may want to leave the vegetables in the pot, (specially the garlic head) but make sure you serve the beef, beans and nixtamal. (It's important not to put the salt before the beans are done or they will take for ever to be done).

It's a meal packed with energy and a very tasty one.

You can make it in a crockpot and leave it all night long to season in the morning. If you make it in a pressure pot it will take about one to one and half hours.

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
4-1/4 to 4-3/4 cups/1 to 1.25 liters
all-purpose flour
1 package quick-rising active dry yeast
1-1/4 cups/325 mL milk
1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Vanilla
1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
1/4 cup/60 mL butter
1 tsp/5 mL salt
1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Cinnamon
2 eggs
6 tbsp/90 mL butter, softened
1/2 cup/125 mL brown sugar
4 tsp/20 mL Watkins Cinnamon
1 cup/250 mL powdered sugar
1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Vanilla
4 to 5 tsp/20 to 25 mL milk

Combine 1-1/2 cups/375 mL of the flour and yeast
in large mixing bowl. Heat the 1-1/4 cups/325 mL
milk, vanilla, sugar, butter, salt, and cinnamon
just until mixture is warm (120-130°F/50-55°C),
stirring constantly. Add to flour mixture along
with eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low
speed for 30 seconds; scraping sides of bowl con-stantly.
Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a
spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as
you can (dough will be soft). Knead in enough of
the remaining flour to make a moderately soft
dough (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a
ball; place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in
size (about 1 to 1-1/2 hours). (The dough is ready
for shaping when you can lightly press two fingers
1/2-inch/1-cm into dough and an indentation
remains.) Punch down dough and divide in half.
Place each half on lightly floured surface and
smooth into a ball. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.

On lightly floured surface, roll half the dough into a
12 x 8-inch/30 x 20-cm rectangle. Spread with
3 tbsp/45 mL of the butter. Combine brown sugar
and cinnamon; sprinkle half over rectangle. Roll
up from short side. Seal edges (brushing with water
makes rolls easier to seal). Repeat with remaining
dough. Slice one roll into 8 pieces and the other roll
into 7 pieces. Arrange slices, evenly, cut-side up, in
greased 13 x 9-inch/33 x 23-cm baking dish. Cover
and let rise until nearly doubled (about 30 minutes).
Bake at 350°F/180°C for 25 to 40 minutes or until
light brown. Invert at once onto wire rack, invert
again. Cool slightly. Drizzle rolls with a glaze made
by combining the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
Serve rolls warm or store in an air-tight container.
Makes 15 servings.

So much food....I can't think....that's it...I'm going out to eat! Go get myself some lemon herb chicken and veggies.