Yuk - urine & faeces analysis?

richardb20

Jul 13, 2006
This is a yucky topic - but I need to know the answer, so here goes...

We all know how the color of urine relates to hydration, but does anyone know if there's a similar quick guide to faeces & stools. I wondered if the changes in color, firmness and weight of stools related in someway to sport nutrition.

Any clues greatly appreciated.

R.

richardb20 said:

We all know how the color of urine relates to hydration, but does anyone know if there's a similar quick guide to faeces & stools. I wondered if the changes in color, firmness and weight of stools related in someway to sport nutrition.

R.
Probably relates more to how you eat. Are you seeing changes in your stool? Are you worried? Go see a doctor if you are.

richardb20 said:
I wondered if the changes in color, firmness and weight of stools related in someway to sport nutrition.QUOTE]

Just know if your solid excreta is black... its serious. You may have bleeding.

I'm not concerned my health, just curious. I figured the variation has lots to do with what I eat, I wondered if the ratio of carbs, protein and fat that I'm eating was 'visible' in the output somehow.
R.

Garbage in, garbage out?

And fiber in, [more] garbage out. Generally speaking, cycling (or any aerobic exercise done enough) will speed up your metabolism, which should help you digest food quicker; you may indeed see an increased frequency of bowel movements. But more likely, you will reach a steady state over time.

Your diet is more correlated with your movements than anything else, really.

richardb20 said:
I'm not concerned my health, just curious. I figured the variation has lots to do with what I eat, I wondered if the ratio of carbs, protein and fat that I'm eating was 'visible' in the output somehow.
R.
You'd smell it too. The cleaner your diet, the less pungent your movements will be. For example, some people cannot digest milk or soy products properly. Undigested food, when passed, will smell stronger than waste from fully digested food.

"visible?" How long do you stand there looking at your faeces? Do you stand there with a list of your prior days caloric breakdown to see if you can see a correlation?

Just trying to imagine a scientific way to conduct the test ..

There are a couple of ways diet affects your output of solid wastes .... a high fibre diet, contains a lot of stuff that cannot be digested by the human gut, so it adds to stool bulk, which in turn means the stuff moves through your gut quicker. The stools in this case would be called firm. The longer stuff spends in your gut, the more water is reabsorbed and the harder it gets, which is why when you are constipated, you produce stool that feels like rock.

Too much sugar in the form of those high glucose gels, can cause diarrhoea.

Human beings did not evolve as obligate carnivores, we are omnivores, therefore the basis of a healthy diet should be fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains, with a small amount of animal protein.

richardb20 said:

R.
A clue:Ya dont eat, ya dont ****.ya dont **** ya gonna die. hope this helps

Hi,

Hoodia Gordonii An Effective And Pure Herbal Method For Gaining Weight Loss & other Health problems. 100% Pure Hoodia Gordonii Medicines Has No Side Effects. It Work Postively On Your Body And Weight Loss Naturally.