"Tony Raven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Tony Hogarty said:
You're preaching to the converted here. I'm childless and happy to be so,
but beginning to get really disturbed by the level of subsidy we are
expected to put into those who choose to have children.When you retire with no family to support you, you will rely much more on
society being able to support you with healthcare, social services, pensions
etc etc . That is only possible if there is a new generation of economically
active people to provide that support. I have children, who will form that
new generation, that cost me way beyond anything I receive in subsidy so I
guess for now you are subsidising my children at a modest level and I am
subsidising your future old age at a far higher level.
Quite right and well put.
I'd be curious to hear Tony H. estimate what percentage of the cost of raising
somebody else's child is subsidised by him.
--
Mark South: World Citizen, Net Denizen