1999 Trek 2200 front derailleur clamp size

Anyone know how to find the front derailleur clamp size for a 1999 Trek
2200? Or a different question would be how to find the seat tube width
for that bike. I don't have a micrometer and Trek doesn't provide
specs for old frames on their website. Any help would be appreciated!

jeremy

On 15 Jun 2006 07:51:15 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Anyone know how to find the front derailleur clamp size for a 1999 Trek
>2200?

If the old one is present, dismount it and look at the inside of the
clamp band It's usually marked there.

>Or a different question would be how to find the seat tube width
>for that bike. I don't have a micrometer and Trek doesn't provide
>specs for old frames on their website. Any help would be appreciated!

Well, you could always pop it out and see what's marked on it. Most
of them have the size stamped right below the min-insertion line. If
that's missing (and I'd almost bet it will be 27.2mm), take the post
to your local bike shop and ask them what they have in the same size.
They'll measure, and then you'll know...and you get to see if they
have what you want in stock at the same time.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.