20 Very Strange Bicycles (including some weird unicycles & recumbents)

javawizard

Guest
I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
did! It's at www.odd-bikes.com - Jeff

On Sep 27, 1:00 pm, javawizard <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
> to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
> did! It's atwww.odd-bikes.com- Jeff

That bicycle museum in Ohio has some beautiful stuff....

/s

javawizard wrote:
> I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
> to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
> did! It's at www.odd-bikes.com - Jeff

Another possible nominee: the rowbike
http://www.rowbike.com/
This is a bicycle powered by a rowing machine mechanism. I saw one of these
at the L.A.T.E. ride in Chicago a few years ago.

--
Mike Kruger
Give no quarter to the paradigm people.

On Sep 27, 10:50 pm, "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote:
> javawizard wrote:
> > I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
> > to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
> > did! It's atwww.odd-bikes.com- Jeff

> Another possible nominee: the rowbikehttp://www.rowbike.com/
> This is a bicycle powered by a rowing machine mechanism. I saw one of these
> at the L.A.T.E. ride in Chicago a few years ago.
>
> --
> Mike Kruger
> Give no quarter to the paradigm people.

There's a guy who rides(?) one in Central Park. I don't know if I
think it's totally ridiculous or kind of cool to row on land.

What's worse, those long roller skates and poles that people use to
train for cross country skiing during the summer, or a rowbike?

/s

"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> How could you leave out the Monocycle?

Like the one in an episode of South Park?

> http://images.google.com/imgres?img...num=10&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4HPNW_en___US213&sa=N
> "javawizard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
>> to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
>> did! It's at www.odd-bikes.com - Jeff

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:32:44 -0000, Scott Gordo
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sep 27, 10:50 pm, "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> javawizard wrote:
>> > I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
>> > to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
>> > did! It's atwww.odd-bikes.com- Jeff

>> Another possible nominee: the rowbikehttp://www.rowbike.com/
>> This is a bicycle powered by a rowing machine mechanism. I saw one of these
>> at the L.A.T.E. ride in Chicago a few years ago.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Kruger
>> Give no quarter to the paradigm people.

>There's a guy who rides(?) one in Central Park. I don't know if I
>think it's totally ridiculous or kind of cool to row on land.
>
>What's worse, those long roller skates and poles that people use to
>train for cross country skiing during the summer, or a rowbike?
>
>/s

My neighbour (around the block) has a rowbike among other strange
bikes. Google bikeforest.

Because it's not a BIcycle!

"Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> How could you leave out the Monocycle?

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...num=10&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4HPNW_en___US213&sa=N
> "javawizard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
> > to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
> > did! It's at www.odd-bikes.com - Jeff

Technically, you are correct although often we refer to pedal powered
vehicles in general. We don't leave out trikes and quad just because they
have more wheels. He has that seven person bike on his site which has more
than two wheels. I think that the monocycle fits.

Besides, there are some that have two wheels. The second wheel is smaller
and inside the big wheel. You pedal to turn the second wheel and the second
wheel drives the big wheel.

Whatever they are, they are pretty cool.

Jeff
"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Because it's not a BIcycle!
>
> "Jeff Grippe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> How could you leave out the Monocycle?
>>

> http://images.google.com/imgres?img...num=10&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4HPNW_en___US213&sa=N
>> "javawizard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
>> > to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
>> > did! It's at www.odd-bikes.com - Jeff

It was tongue and cheek!

On Sep 27, 10:00 am, javawizard <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've compiled a photo list of 20 of the weirdest bicycles, with links
> to their respective websites. I hope you find it as interesting as I
> did! It's atwww.odd-bikes.com- Jeff

Thanks for the site. I've seen the Bilenky Tandem in action and they
actually seem to make sense, because both riders have a good view of
the road.

The worst bike in the site is the tridem, which is illegal to ride in
35 states.