2004 Douglas Fusion?

serenaslu

Feb 3, 2004
Anyone have any opinions (expereience would be even better but I can't even find it on their site yet, only my new catalog) on the revised 2004 Douglas Fusion from Colorado Cyclist? I was going to get an '03 and my initial impression is that I screwed up by not doing so. It still looks like a good bargain as far as components (Ultegra FSA Carbon, Ritchey, etc), but I am a bit leary of the funky penta-shaped tubes (not to mention the putrid new color scheme).

Originally posted by serenaslu
Anyone have any opinions (expereience would be even better but I can't even find it on their site yet, only my new catalog) on the revised 2004 Douglas Fusion from Colorado Cyclist? I was going to get an '03 and my initial impression is that I screwed up by not doing so. It still looks like a good bargain as far as components (Ultegra FSA Carbon, Ritchey, etc), but I am a bit leary of the funky penta-shaped tubes (not to mention the putrid new color scheme).

Just looking at the website, I'd say it's a great deal. Easton Ultralight, Reynolds Ouzo fork and stay, Ultegra, FSA, Easton post, Ritchey WCS, and Circuit Comps. Lots of good US-made components, IMO. $1599 seems like a real bargain to me.

I've dealt with Colo Cyclist before on built wheels, and believe they are a trustworthy company. Also, it's something different from the Giant/Cdale/Treks. I even like the Penta-shaped tubes.

You asked for opinions/impressions...that's mine.

Originally posted by serenaslu

I own a 2003 Fusion and it's a great bike. Colorado Cyclist will work with you to get the right fit a no charge. I had them ship me three stems before I found the right length. Didn't cost me a dime for the shipping.

My 03 doesn't have the FSA crank but it still a great bike. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to answer them.

Scott Shields