2005 models

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by SndSysLtd, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. SndSysLtd

    SndSysLtd Guest

    Has anyone heard of changes on the ''05 S-works Epic?

    Tags:

  2. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "SndSysLtd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Has anyone heard of changes on the ''05 S-works Epic?

    The specs will be released in a few weeks. There's a lot of speculation on
    mtbr about what's going to come about but the enduro looks to be the biggest
    change. The Demo 8 looks pretty amazing too.

    As for the Epic? just have to wait and see. I think they're got a pretty
    sweet setup the way it is so I can't see them doing much more than a spec
    upgrade.

  3. SndSysLtd says:

    They're nicknaming it the "W" - comes without a Brain...

    <couldn't resist>

    Steve

  4. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    "Dan"

    > The specs will be released in a few weeks. There's a lot of speculation

    on
    > mtbr about what's going to come about but the enduro looks to be the

    biggest
    > change.

    Is there a new enduro sworks for 05? 04 purchase remorse lol!

    Shaun Bell

  5. Pistof

    Pistof Guest

    "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dan"
    >
    > > The specs will be released in a few weeks. There's a lot of speculation

    > on
    > > mtbr about what's going to come about but the enduro looks to be the

    > biggest
    > > change.

    > Is there a new enduro sworks for 05? 04 purchase remorse lol!
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    Yes, supposedly. The rear suspension is expected to look quite different
    plus provide more travel. I think the current design has been out for only
    two years. Specialized's engineers really have been burning the midnight
    oil, it would seem. The only reason I can think to avoid buying Specialized
    is that they become outdated in one to two years. LOL. Otherwise, a fine
    product.

    Dave

  6. SndSysLtd

    SndSysLtd Guest

    > The only reason I can think to avoid buying Specialized
    >is that they become outdated in one to two years. LOL. Otherwise, a fine
    >product.

    I'm looking at the S Works Epic because my local bike shop recommended it and
    several of you folks really like it, but I'm not locked in. Is there something
    else in this price range I should consider?

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > > The only reason I can think to avoid buying Specialized
    > >is that they become outdated in one to two years. LOL. Otherwise, a fine
    > >product.

    > I'm looking at the S Works Epic because my local bike shop recommended it and
    > several of you folks really like it, but I'm not locked in. Is there something
    > else in this price range I should consider?

    A used BMW M3.
    --
    _________________________
    http://www.ramsays-online.com

  8. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "SndSysLtd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > > The only reason I can think to avoid buying Specialized
    > >is that they become outdated in one to two years. LOL. Otherwise, a

    fine
    > >product.

    > I'm looking at the S Works Epic because my local bike shop recommended it

    and
    > several of you folks really like it, but I'm not locked in. Is there

    something
    > else in this price range I should consider?

    Isn't the S-Works Epic the most expensive mountain bike in their range? You
    should be able to buy any other Specialized bike on the market. Excluding
    road bikes I guess, damn those things are pricey!

    If your riding style suits an Epic and you can afford the S-Works model then
    go for it. It's an amazingly nice bike.

    Dan
    2004 Enduro Comp (I want an S-Works)

  9. SndSysLtd

    SndSysLtd Guest

    >A used BMW M3.

    Not enough room for all my stuff!!

  10. SndSysLtd

    SndSysLtd Guest

    >Isn't the S-Works Epic the most expensive mountain bike in their range? You
    >should be able to buy any other Specialized bike on the market.

    I'm open to other brands as well.

  11. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "SndSysLtd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Isn't the S-Works Epic the most expensive mountain bike in their range?

    You
    > >should be able to buy any other Specialized bike on the market.

    > I'm open to other brands as well.

    Well in that case you should be able to get anything on the market. Well,
    except some small batch hand made bikes. Try them all and see which one you
    like / fits you best. I fit Specialized bikes and I love their quality /
    service so I'll stick with them. At the same time, I'll try as many other
    brands as I can when I buy a new one.

  12. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    SndSysLtd wrote:
    >>Isn't the S-Works Epic the most expensive mountain bike in their range? You
    >>should be able to buy any other Specialized bike on the market.

    > I'm open to other brands as well.

    T U R N E R

    --
    Slacker

  13. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Shaun wrote:

    > "Dan"
    >

    >>The specs will be released in a few weeks. There's a lot of speculation

    > on
    >
    >>mtbr about what's going to come about but the enduro looks to be the

    > biggest
    >
    >>change.

    > Is there a new enduro sworks for 05? 04 purchase remorse lol!
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    Why not get the Demo 6 with zoke's new 66 on the front end ;-)

    --
    Slacker

  14. Dan

    Dan Guest

    > Why not get the Demo 6 with zoke's new 66 on the front end ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Slacker

    I knew I should have waited another couple of months. Damn it!!!

    I had to have that Enduro NOW though. And I've got no regrets. Looking
    forward to the first weekend at Rotorua (New Zealand) on it, heading there
    tomorrow, should be amazing.

  15. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    > Why not get the Demo 6 with zoke's new 66 on the front end ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Slacker

    The nine seems to have my name on it lol! My wife know what travel looks
    like and will beat the hell out of me for it. Honest dear, it's XC!

    Shaun

  16. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Shaun wrote:
    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Why not get the Demo 6 with zoke's new 66 on the front end ;-)
    >>
    >>--
    >>Slacker

    > The nine seems to have my name on it lol! My wife know what travel looks
    > like and will beat the hell out of me for it. Honest dear, it's XC!
    >
    > Shaun

    hehehe....

    I really didn't care for the Demo when I first saw the pictures of
    it. After it was released to the public I saw one in person at a
    LBS... pure bad ass is all I gotta say. It's a thing of beauty.

    --
    Slacker

  17. Goodoz

    Goodoz Guest

    > I'm looking at the S Works Epic because my local bike shop recommended it

    and
    > several of you folks really like it, but I'm not locked in. Is there

    something
    > else in this price range I should consider?

    No offense intended but...Most folks looking at S-Works bikes do it on
    purpose, not because of an LBS recommendation. One thing for sure, S-Works
    provides a lot of very special component for a lot of dough...For example
    the sensitivity adjustment for the brain is somewhere in the $700 range by
    itself (I inquired about having it added to a Epic Comp Disc w/out brain
    sensitivity adjustment)... whoah!! If you like Specialized, you may be
    just as happy with a little less bike. I just picked up a Stumpy Expert
    Disc for 1/2 the cost and am loving it (3rd specialized bike). Good Luck!

    Goodoz
    Liberator of Overgrown Forest