2006 105 -> 2008 Tiagra

Woland99

Guest
I have been bike-surfing quite a bit recently (still looking for new
touring cyclocross bike)
and it seems that whenever I see older model it is cheaper and has
better components.

Woland99 wrote:
> I have been bike-surfing quite a bit recently (still looking for new
> touring cyclocross bike)
> and it seems that whenever I see older model it is cheaper and has
> better components.

Huh, how about that. It's almost as if the dollar exchange rate has
tanked or something.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Many times the newer components are identical to the older, higher
level parts. Shimano has learned that many cyclists MUST have the
latest Dura Ace kit.

[email protected] wrote:
> Many times the newer components are identical to the older, higher
> level parts. Shimano has learned that many cyclists MUST have the
> latest Dura Ace kit.

Many... personally, I'm quite happy with a mismatch of far cheaper
components! :)

On Feb 28, 9:16 pm, Woland99 <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have been bike-surfing quite a bit recently (still looking for new
> touring cyclocross bike)
> and it seems that whenever I see older model it is cheaper and has
> better components.

I just was down at the LBS talking with my buddy who runs it. They
have some nice bikes cheap! Finally something here in Norway that
doesn't cost 3-5x the price! Focus Mares Cross 2008.

http://www.focus-bikes.no/product/272005e8-5a69-445b-bb59-3930176f3ba9.aspx

Take off the 25% VAT for tax-free-for-tourists and the bike is about
$1000.

That's a nice cross bike with 105.

Joseph