2012 Tour de France

He should have washed it down with a shot of Jack Daniels to kill the poison.

It looks like another boilingly hot day today.

Voeckler doing another great ride again. First over the Aubesque and first over the Tourmalet.

Originally Posted by Andrija .

Poisoning is weak excuse, despite cooperation with Police.
Younger brother is swearing (what else younger brother could do?).
His team has left him on his own.

Only the B sample can save him.
You're right only the B sample can save Schleck now.

By withdrawing from the race at least he's done the right thing in this instance.

On a related subject, last night the BBC did a fascinating documentary on the 1988 100 metre Olympic final. It interviewed all the athletes, journalists and doctors (both dope suppliers and dope testing doctors).
Fascinating stuff,
Dr.Catlin was featured in the program and he spoke of how 1984 Games tests and pre Games tests uncovered huge amounts of doping in samples.

He said that he still has some samples from that era which he tests from time to time and more and more prohibited stuff is those samples has been found subsequently.
Fascinating viewing.

In the bunch, Liquigas has made a move for Nibali and Evans and BMC are in trouble and can't match the pace.

A lot of big riders suffering today : Scarponi, Kloden, Leipheimer and now Evans.

Basso and Liquigas on the front making their move for Nibali to get on to the podium.

Evans has his team around now and they look like they're starting to come back to Wiggins and the GC group.
Good to see BMC rallying around their leader.

Voeckler's ridden away from Feillu with 21kms to go in the race.

Vino and Sorensen look to be closing the gap on Feillu/Voeckler

Really great stage.

Nibali attack on the Peyresourde has come to nothing. Good riding by Froome and Wiggins to reel Nibali back in.

5kms left for Voeckler to hold on. I reckon he's won this stage. A phenomenal ride - first over each of the 4 summits today.

Chapeau

I still think tomorrow is the day. I expect all out war and will be disappointed if it is a Sunday stroll through the park.

time to put the contest for g c in the books. sky have ridden superbly and smartly. barring the unfortunate crash or spectator intervening on the action, this one is for wiggins.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

I still think tomorrow is the day. I expect all out war and will be disappointed if it is a Sunday stroll through the park.
I wish I could agree with you but I really do think that 1st, 2nd. 3rd on GC are nailed down.

I don't think it will be a Sunday stroll through the park.
It will be all out war, but for Polka dot jersey.

Sky definitely looks unbeatable.

And just a remark, the tempo on Tourmalet was set by Eisel. It (Tourmalet) certainly was far from Bagnere de Luchon, but leaving pace making to a Sky's lead out man wasn't exactly the way to break the Sky.

I am not saying there will be a change but I do expect to see some attacks, that is if the legs are there. They have the semi-flat stage to recover on before the TT and it is the last chance for Evans. I'll add I know he is gone from contention but he is the defending champion and I think he needs to make a showing to retain some credibility and Nibali may take another go at it.

Here is my possible scenario, Evans is so far back now that he would need a miracle to even get on the podium. He sends one or two team mates in an early break, he attacks later maybe on waiting until the last climb and is not a threat so they let him go. He could make a good showing for his sponsors. This all hinges on whether or not he has any gas left tomorrow. I really hate to see everyone just tempo riding to the finish tomorrow.