40 Tooth Middle Chainrings

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Grenouil, Feb 24, 2003.

  1. Grenouil

    Grenouil Guest

    Does anyone make a 40 tooth 130mm BCD five bolt middle chainring with ramps and pins?

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone make a 40 tooth 130mm BCD five bolt middle chainring with ramps and pins?

    I once made one for an insistent customer because I couldn't find one either. The hubris of
    manufacturers who pretend to "know" that you don't want one. . .

  3. Belij3

    Belij3 Guest

    > Does anyone make a 40 tooth 130mm BCD five bolt middle
    >> chainring with ramps and pins

    Didn't Shimano make a triple with 50/40/30? B

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    "Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone make a 40 tooth 130mm BCD five bolt middle chainring with ramps and pins?

    Is 39 tooth close enough? Go to www.biketoolsetc.com and search for Item #FS-RR39M.

    You'll get: FSA Road Chain Ring, 5-arm, 39t, 8/9sp, 130mm BCD, Black, Middle Ring on Road Triple.

    Jeff

  5. Grenouil

    Grenouil Guest

    "Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone make a 40 tooth 130mm BCD five bolt middle chainring with ramps and pins?

    Thanks for the inputs - the Specialit├ęs TA stuff looks like a possible - at least they appear to be
    pinned - not ramped though? Also seems that Stronglight might make something suitable.

  6. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    I just installed a TA Alize triple with a 40T middle ring. Shifts fine with my Ultegra 9sp STI.
    There aren't those bubbly ramps like on shimano, but there are some groove-type things as well
    as the pins.

    "Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Grenouil" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Does anyone make a 40 tooth 130mm BCD five bolt middle chainring with ramps and pins?
    > >
    > Thanks for the inputs - the Specialit├ęs TA stuff looks like a possible - at least they appear to
    > be pinned - not ramped though? Also seems that Stronglight might make something suitable.

  7. Frank Riley

    Frank Riley Guest

    "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I just installed a TA Alize triple with a 40T middle ring. Shifts fine with my Ultegra 9sp STI.
    > There aren't those bubbly ramps like on shimano, but there are some groove-type things as well as
    > the pins.

    Where did you get the TA rings?

  8. Kbh

    Kbh Guest