A High Energy Drink Before And After Cycling

Top Dog

May 30, 2007
What high energy drink would you recomend to take before and after long cycling stints of several hours ?

Any advice on the subject please

Top Dog said:
What high energy drink would you recomend to take before and after long cycling stints of several hours ?

Any advice on the subject please
re: energy drink. Try chocolate milk after the ride. It is a good sugar and protein drink with no side effects unless you allergic to milk.

Heed, Gu, Accelerate, Hammer all have drink mix powders to be consumed during activity (or pre) for proper electrolyte loading. Post rides I normally go for a banana, something salty, and a liter of water. I'll compliment my post ride supplements with some protein.

I am a cyclist who has recently started using some performance-enhancing nutrient strips and they have vastly improved my workout/ride. They dissolve in your mouth, so I load up with the “electrolyte” strip beforehand and I have greatly improved oxygen capacity; tons more endurance and feel very energetic at the end of a ride. These strips are sugar free and rapid acting. They will reduce lactic acid build up and prevent cramping. Professional teams (NFL, etc.) are actually using these strips and supplanting the need for IV fluids in some cases.
Check it out and let me know if you have any questions:
www.enlyten.com/kathyyuill
Thanks
Kathy

kyuill said:
I am a cyclist who has recently started using some performance-enhancing nutrient strips and they have vastly improved my workout/ride. They dissolve in your mouth, so I load up with the “electrolyte” strip beforehand and I have greatly improved oxygen capacity; tons more endurance and feel very energetic at the end of a ride. These strips are sugar free and rapid acting. They will reduce lactic acid build up and prevent cramping. Professional teams (NFL, etc.) are actually using these strips and supplanting the need for IV fluids in some cases.
Check it out and let me know if you have any questions:
www.enlyten.com/kathyyuill
Thanks
Kathy

Well, I don't know how well your "performance-enhancing nutrient strips" work, but the "copy and paste" function on your computer works very well. :rolleyes:

The strips work even better! Honest! Try them!:)
Just trying to spread the word!

Kathy