A Lesson from Florida: It's Time for Regime Change!

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 20:03:37 GMT, Jason <[email protected]> wrote:

..* JD <[email protected]>:
..> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
..> <snip rant>
..>> Please vote for John Kerry!
..>
..> A glowing recommendation from a truly outstanding member of society. HA
..>
..> JD
..
..Ok whered my first post go? heh Umm Mikey guess what? You just broke
..your TOS, this is offtopic to every group you posted to and qualifies as
..spam. Shall we race to [email protected] folks?

You have no FAQ, so it's not off-topic. Besides, mountain bikers mostly drive
SUVS and so are responsible for global warming.

..Jason

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:26:08 -0700, Kyle Wilson
<[email protected]> wrote:

..On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:49:59 GMT, "Kevin Furrow"
..<[email protected]> wrote:
..> I have gotten the idea from your writings that you live somewhere in the
..>San Francisco Bay Area. Last time I checked, San Francisco is home to a
..>rather large number of fault lines and thus earthquakes. The most recent
..>major one I can recall off-hand was the 1989 "World Series" earthquake. The
..>response to that was massive aid to California from out-of-state. I assume
..>the next time a major earthquake flattens a portion of California that you
..>want the rest of us to stand idly by? What if that earthquake destroys your
..>house?
..
..Any house built to code in the last 20 or so years should be able to
..survive practically any earthquake, provided it's not actually sitting
..on a fault line. Any new buildings are required to be built to survive
..earthquakes of high magnitude. California (the state government) is
..spending and has spent vast amounts of money on retrofitting older
..constructions, and making sure new constructions are earthquake safe.
..Combine this with the fact that Californians pay a larger share of
..federal taxes than any other state, and you get a much different
..picture than Florida.
..
..Not that I'm agreeing with the lunatic, or anything, just that
..earthquakes are more easily defended against than hurricanes. :)

Yep.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:08:04 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:p[email protected]...
..> To the Editor:
..>
..> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places
..where
..> humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the entire
..Earth
..> belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do anything
..that we
..> wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live
..sustainably.
..>
..> Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state. People
..in
..> the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry. Most
..> Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway
..around the
..> world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!
..>
..> George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
..> living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for he
..and
..> his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the bag:
..the
..> largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and
..the
..> destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living threat
..to life
..> on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more
..damage!
..> Please vote for John Kerry!
..>
..> For more information, see http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..>
..
..
..Where people want to live is not an issue of Presidential agenda, and people
..are going to live where they want no matter who is occupying the Oval
..Office. You are mixing apples and oranges here, and the sauce it creates is
..not appealing to anybody.
..
..You can make the statement that Bush is promoting nuclear weapons, et al,
..but this has nothing at all to do with living in Florida or the desert
..southwest, or anyplace else for that matter. The ONLY lessons from Florida
..is that it gets windy sometimes, and they don't know how to vote.

Think a little. Both are unsustainable.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:14:14 GMT, "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Paul Cassel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> Mike Vandeman wrote:
..>
..> > To the Editor:
..> >
[...]
..> You changed my mind. I'm voting and contributing money to Bush now.
..==================
..LOL So, mickey is going to vote for the billionare, that can live way
..beyond any of ours means.
..Money he gets from a company that produces a product that has no real
..'need', ketchup.

"Ketchup"? You are fantasizing again.

Talk about wasting energy importing and exporting around
..the world, billions of dollars worth of ketchup have to rank right up there.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 20:03:37 GMT, Jason <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .* JD <[email protected]>:
> .> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> .> <snip rant>
> .>> Please vote for John Kerry!
> .>
> .> A glowing recommendation from a truly outstanding member of society.

HA
> .>
> .> JD
> .
> .Ok whered my first post go? heh Umm Mikey guess what? You just broke
> .your TOS, this is offtopic to every group you posted to and qualifies as
> .spam. Shall we race to [email protected] folks?
>
> You have no FAQ, so it's not off-topic. Besides, mountain bikers mostly

drive
> SUVS and so are responsible for global warming.

Wow, an generalization and a non sequiter in one sentence. That one's going
in the 'keep' file.

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

[email protected]

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On 8 Sep 2004 10:10:50 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> .<snip rant>
> .> Please vote for John Kerry!
> .
> .A glowing recommendation from a truly outstanding member of society. HA
> .
> .JD
>
> So you're voting for Bush? Idiot.

Where did he say that? Or are you so entrenched in the 2-party system that
you're blind to alternatives?

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

[email protected]

> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:14:14 GMT, "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Paul Cassel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .>
> .> > To the Editor:
> .> >
> .> > The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some
> .places where
> .> > humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the
> .entire Earth
> .> > belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do

anything
> .that we
> .> > wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live
> .sustainably.
> .> >
> .> > Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state.
> .People in
> .> > the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry.
> .Most
> .> > Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway
> .around the
> .> > world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!
> .> >
> .> > George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
> .> > living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough

for
> .he and
> .> > his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the
> .bag: the
> .> > largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons

and
> .the
> .> > destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living

threat
> .to life
> .> > on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more
> .damage!
> .> > Please vote for John Kerry!
> .> >
> .> You changed my mind. I'm voting and contributing money to Bush now.
> .==================
> .LOL So, mickey is going to vote for the billionare, that can live way
> .beyond any of ours means.
> .Money he gets from a company that produces a product that has no real
> .'need', ketchup.
>
> "Ketchup"? You are fantasizing again.

================
So, as usual you have nothing, eh mickey? Come on little-boy, try to
defend the vast waste of resources just to produce and deliver condiments.
Defend your inane usenet postings, afterall, the continued increase in
demand for power and communications are destroying more habitat, and killing
more animals than biking does. Why are you a part of that? But then,
you've already shown that it's not really about the environment, but about
your vitriolic hate of others.

> Talk about wasting energy importing and exporting around
> .the world, billions of dollars worth of ketchup have to rank right up

there.

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

==========
PS Bob jumped....

wrote:

> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:p[email protected]...
> .> To the Editor:
> .>
> .> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some

places
> .where
> .> humans should not live! We are arrogant enough to believe that the

entire
> .Earth
> .> belongs to us, and that we have the right to go anywhere and do

anything
> .that we
> .> wish. But so far we haven't been smart enough to learn how to live
> .sustainably.
> .>
> .> Humans can't live in Florida without massive aid from out of state.

People
> .in
> .> the desert Southwest can't survive without sucking whole rivers dry.

Most
> .> Americans' lifestyles depend on a supply of fossil fuel from halfway
> .around the
> .> world. And the ultimate in unsustainable living is space travel!
> .>
> .> George W. Bush's goal seems to be to prolong this profligate
> .> living-beyond-our-means as long as possible -- at least long enough for

he
> .and
> .> his rich friends to profit from it, and leave the nation holding the

bag:
> .the
> .> largest debt in our nation's history! For promoting nuclear weapons and
> .the
> .> destruction of our environment, he represents the greatest living

threat
> .to life
> .> on Earth. We need to get rid of this usurper before he does any more
> .damage!
> .> Please vote for John Kerry!
> .>
> .> For more information, see http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
> .>
> .
> .
> .Where people want to live is not an issue of Presidential agenda, and

people
> .are going to live where they want no matter who is occupying the Oval
> .Office. You are mixing apples and oranges here, and the sauce it creates

is
> .not appealing to anybody.
> .
> .You can make the statement that Bush is promoting nuclear weapons, et al,
> .but this has nothing at all to do with living in Florida or the desert
> .southwest, or anyplace else for that matter. The ONLY lessons from

Florida
> .is that it gets windy sometimes, and they don't know how to vote.
>
> Think a little. Both are unsustainable.

Then people will stop living there when conditions become such that it
becomes too unbearable. In the mean time, the crocs will stay put as they
have for thousands of years.

You take such a narrow view of time ...

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> To the Editor:
>
> The hurricanes in Florida teach an important lesson: there are some places where
> humans should not live!

Hurricanes are the only reason I'd ever want to live in Florida. :)

But I guess I'll probably stay in California and enjoy the earthquakes.

Slainte,
JW

* Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>:
> On 8 Sep 2004 10:10:50 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> .<snip rant>
> .> Please vote for John Kerry!
> .
> .A glowing recommendation from a truly outstanding member of society. HA
> .
> .JD
>
> So you're voting for Bush? Idiot.

I think its a choice between to idiots, bush and kerry but if someone
like you is voting for one that's an excellent reason to vote for the
other as the one you like could be as insane as you are.

Jason

"Scott Burley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<ipT%[email protected]>...
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > On 8 Sep 2004 10:10:50 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
> >
> > .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message

> news:<[email protected]>...
> > .<snip rant>
> > .> Please vote for John Kerry!
> > .
> > .A glowing recommendation from a truly outstanding member of society. HA
> > .
> > .JD
> >
> > So you're voting for Bush? Idiot.

> Where did he say that? Or are you so entrenched in the 2-party system that
> you're blind to alternatives?

He's blind to everything, except his own pathetically small(minded)
world. Here's what I wrote in another forum that asked which
candidate (of the lameo two party system) had the better bike:

"I beg to differ. Dubya should have a custom Moots, or other
high-zoot American bike instead of that trek garbage. Though it's a
road bike and the rider looks like a jacked-up Herman Munster, the
Serotta "gets my vote". As far as candidates go, I'm writing in Paul
Reubens. At least he's an admitted jerk-off."

JD

Jeff Strickland wrote:

>In the mean time, the crocs will stay put as they
>have for thousands of years.

Dunno as Florida has any crocs - outside of zoos & the like.

>You take such a narrow view of time ...

MV has such a narrow view of everything.

Pete H

--
Either everyone has rights or some have privileges.
It's really that simple.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:11:22 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:08:04 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
..wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:p[email protected]...
..> .> To the Editor:
..> .>
[...]

It's ALREADY unbearable, for the wildlife.

In the mean time, the crocs will stay put as they
..have for thousands of years.
..
..You take such a narrow view of time ...
..
..
..
..> ===
..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>
..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:48:16 -0400, PMH <[email protected]> wrote:

..Jeff Strickland wrote:
..
..>In the mean time, the crocs will stay put as they
..>have for thousands of years.
..>
..Dunno as Florida has any crocs - outside of zoos & the like.

You are right. Jeff Strickland is a (self-described) buffoon.
===

On 9 Sep 2004 14:28:57 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

.."Scott Burley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<ipT%[email protected]>...
..> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> news:p[email protected]...
..> > On 8 Sep 2004 10:10:50 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
..> >
..> > .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> news:<[email protected]>...
..> > .<snip rant>
..> > .> Please vote for John Kerry!
..> > .
[...]

Take a look at Tom Tomorrow's cartoon today, about a dog (Bush) getting elected.
Nice.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:34:08 GMT, "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:14:14 GMT, "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Paul Cassel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> Mike Vandeman wrote:
..> .>
..> .> > To the Editor:
..> .> >
..> .==================
..================
[...]
..==========
..PS Bob jumped....
..
..
..

"Ketchup"?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

In article <[email protected]>,
Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:48:16 -0400, PMH <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>.Jeff Strickland wrote:
>.
>.>In the mean time, the crocs will stay put as they
>.>have for thousands of years.
>.>
>.Dunno as Florida has any crocs - outside of zoos & the like.
>
>You are right. Jeff Strickland is a (self-described) buffoon.
>===

You are apparently incorrect.

There _are_ crocodiles in Florida.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Science/2004/06/08/490801-ap.html
(This article is mysteriously merged with an irrelevent one but...)

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/nation/9115984.htm

It would appear that the crocs are pro nuclear power as well...

Claude

> [...]

about
> .your vitriolic hate of others.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .>
> .> Talk about wasting energy importing and exporting around
> .> .the world, billions of dollars worth of ketchup have to rank right up
> .there.
> .>
> .>
> .> ===
> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

===========
I see you cannot address the issue, eh stupid? Thanks for proving yet
again that you have nothing but your ignorant spew.

btw, how do you spell a condiment?

> ===
> humans ("pure habitat").

================
No, you aren't. As long as you are posting to usenet, you are working on
destroying ever more of the environment, fool.

Want to help? (I spent the previous 8

> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

9 out of 10 Mike Vandemans agree:

> .> Where did he say that? Or are you so entrenched in the 2-party
> system that .> you're blind to alternatives?
> .
> .He's blind to everything, except his own pathetically small(minded)
> .world. Here's what I wrote in another forum that asked which
> .candidate (of the lameo two party system) had the better bike:
> .
> ."I beg to differ. Dubya should have a custom Moots, or other
> .high-zoot American bike instead of that trek garbage. Though it's a
> .road bike and the rider looks like a jacked-up Herman Munster, the
> .Serotta "gets my vote". As far as candidates go, I'm writing in Paul
> .Reubens. At least he's an admitted jerk-off."
> .
> .JD
>
> Take a look at Tom Tomorrow's cartoon today, about a dog (Bush)
> getting elected. Nice.

How non-sensical. I'd elaborate, but Shakespeare beat me to the punch:
"It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying
nothing." Kind of describes most of your posts as well, doesn't it?

--

[email protected]

PS: Thank you for wasting 5 minutes of my time trying to find your
cartoon online: http://tinyurl.com/4vwfz

PPS: Also, thank you for drawing the connection between the dog and Bush.
I'd have never figured it out on my own.

PPPS: The above post-scripts are sarcastic in nature.