A longer rear shock?

Rob

Guest
Hey,

I've a '98 Gary Fisher Level Betty I'm in the process of upgrading. Current
shock is 180mm with 50mm travel. The shock I'm looking at is 190mm with 50mm
travel, or 180mm with 40mm travel. 50mm on this bike gives 5" of rear wheel
travel.

I'd hate to loose the extra 1" of travel the 190mm shock would would give, but
I'm completely unsure what the extra 1" of ride height might do to the handling.
Or practically nothing?

Just trolling for opinions.

Thanks,
Rob

"Rob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hey,
> Just trolling for opinions.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Can't comment on the shocks but be prepared to replace some cable housings.

--

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest, I've just wasted.