Acquired a sixth bike - wife is not amused

Velvet <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Simon Brooke wrote:
>
> > in message <[email protected]>, Chris
> > Malcolm ('[email protected]') wrote:

> >>You folk with lots of bikes. Is it a problem deciding
> >>which bike to go out on? Does the colour matter?
> >

> > Three of my four are black, which is the proper colour
> > for a gentleman's bicycle. The fourth is Swamp Monster
> > Vomit Green, but seeing it's about to donate its wheels
> > to the Mantra it doesn't really count.
> >

> mm, that reminds me, while in future cycles at the weekend
> dribbling over a windcheetah that was in for a service, I
> saw some bikes in there (forget which make, wasn't dawes,
> specialized maybe? dunno) that weren't just black, they
> were *matt* black...

Those would be Disaster Area's stunt cycles ;-)

Dave Kahn wrote:
> The typical bibshort wearer:
> http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/7342/01a.jpg

Ha! That's me that is.

Mind you, I saw an ex girlfriend in the pub this evening
happened to mention that I'd been getting back into cycling
and had taken to wearing full body lycra at every
opportunity, so she immediately wanted to feel my calves and
thighs, and started dribbling everywhere... but I had to
remind her that she was an *ex*... and I hope my wife isn't
reading this...

d.

> Why only two? one can never have too many _yellow_
> bikes ;-)

No! Red is the proper colour for a bike. Red bikes go
faster. 100% scientific FACT.

d.

MSeries wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
>
>>"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
>>berlin.de>...

>>>Two of my three are yellow
>>
>>Why only two? one can never have too many _yellow_
>>bikes ;-)
>

> Mmm. good question. The blue one is in need of a refinish
> but it has hand painted lining and lettering, half
> chromed fork blades. Getting these reproduced will
> make the cost of the refinish just too much ATM. I am
> thinking about getting it done in Raleigh Banana
> colours since it is a Raleigh so it will be mostly
> yellow. I fear that the silver grey plastic mudguards
> will look terrible with a light coloured frame
> though.
>
> The yellow thing started whenI got #2RI (which was then my
> only road iron) refinished and yellow was the coolest
> colour for bikes that year. Bob Jacksons did a super job
> and got some great black Peugeot decals. That bike now has
> a black chainset, though I am in search of a cheap black
> 39 ring.

I have a yellow bike, but it's got silver/black paint jobby
stuff around the headset, the forks, and the ends of the
rear triangle bit (never remember what they're called) where
the rear wheel attaches to. Looks spiffy, and with the
silverygrey mudguards it's fine, picking up the silver/grey
bits in the black paintwork.

Velvet

vernon levy wrote:
>> Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. One can never have too many
>> bikes. Thus spake
> the
>> PSF ;-)
>
> my sentiments exactly but sadly not shared by she who
> ought to be obeyed.

Only one answer - get rid of the wife to make room for
more bikes ;-)

Tony

Velvet wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>> MartinM wrote:
>>
>>> "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
>>> berlin.de>...

>>> Why only two? one can never have too many _yellow_
>>> bikes ;-)
>>

>> Mmm. good question. The blue one is in need of a refinish
>> but it has hand painted lining and lettering, half
>> chromed fork blades. Getting these reproduced will
>> make the cost of the refinish just too much ATM. I
>> am thinking about getting it done in Raleigh Banana
>> colours since it is a Raleigh so it will be mostly
>> yellow. I fear that the silver grey plastic
>> mudguards will look terrible with a light coloured
>> frame though.
>>
>> The yellow thing started whenI got #2RI (which was then
>> my only road iron) refinished and yellow was the coolest
>> colour for bikes that year. Bob Jacksons did a super job
>> and got some great black Peugeot decals. That bike now
>> has a black chainset, though I am in search of a cheap
>> black 39 ring.
>>

> I have a yellow bike, but it's got silver/black paint
> jobby stuff around the headset, the forks, and the ends of
> the rear triangle bit (never remember what they're called)
> where the rear wheel attaches to. Looks spiffy, and with
> the silverygrey mudguards it's fine, picking up the
> silver/grey bits in the black paintwork.
>
> Velvet

Any chance of a piccy ?

MSeries wrote:

> Velvet wrote:
>
>>MSeries wrote:

>>>Mmm. good question. The blue one is in need of a refinish
>>> but it has hand painted lining and lettering, half
>>> chromed fork blades. Getting these reproduced will
>>> make the cost of the refinish just too much ATM. I
>>> am thinking about getting it done in Raleigh Banana
>>> colours since it is a Raleigh so it will be mostly
>>> yellow. I fear that the silver grey plastic
>>> mudguards will look terrible with a light coloured
>>> frame though.
>>>
>>>The yellow thing started whenI got #2RI (which was then
>>>my only road iron) refinished and yellow was the coolest
>>>colour for bikes that year. Bob Jacksons did a super job
>>>and got some great black Peugeot decals. That bike now
>>>has a black chainset, though I am in search of a cheap
>>>black 39 ring.
>>>

>>I have a yellow bike, but it's got silver/black paint
>>jobby stuff around the headset, the forks, and the ends of
>>the rear triangle bit (never remember what they're called)
>>where the rear wheel attaches to. Looks spiffy, and with
>>the silverygrey mudguards it's fine, picking up the
>>silver/grey bits in the black paintwork.
>>
>>Velvet
>

> Any chance of a piccy ?

I'll take a couple and post links monday afternoon/evening.

Velvet

"davek" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Why only two? one can never have too many _yellow_
> > bikes ;-)
>
> No! Red is the proper colour for a bike. Red bikes go
> faster. 100% scientific FACT.
>
> d.

I think Sir is getting confused with Ferraris!
ps my slowest bike is red but it is a hardtail MTB with
26x2.00 tyres