Activity nsv

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Miss Violette, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
    can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt. We
    do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home. And
    yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in the
    linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular
    stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after
    1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten minute car ride
    to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time except for those
    breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours of
    laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that many. I don't
    take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come there when figuring
    out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing your daily
    activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am still not finding any
    exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and that is a vast improvement
    to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12 points I stated earlier
    and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
    hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I have
    far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

    Tags:

  2. Wowee! That was some job! And you have definitely earned some points for it ;-D Congratulations for
    a job well done ;-D Elaine K

    Miss Violette wrote:

    >As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
    >can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt.
    >We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home.
    >And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in
    >the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the
    >regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave
    >until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten
    >minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time
    >except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four
    >solid hours of laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that
    >many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come there
    >when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing
    >your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am still not
    >finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and that is a
    >vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12
    >points I stated earlier and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes
    >for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit
    >more often now as I have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to
    >be that tired. Lee

  3. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours of laundry, 12
    >activity points.

    When I started it was just washing the car, then decorating, then the treadmill and the bike , then
    the weights. It's addictive, though I never thought I'd say that.

    Well done

    Ray

    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  4. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Lee:

    There has to be something out there for you!! If I can succomb to the exercise bug then you
    must be next.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    Miss Violette wrote:
    > As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
    > can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt.
    > We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home.
    > And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in
    > the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the
    > regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave
    > until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten
    > minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time
    > except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four
    > solid hours of laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that
    > many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come
    > there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even
    > increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am
    > still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
    > that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
    > the 12 points I stated earlier and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable
    > clothes for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do
    > this a bit more often now as I have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more
    > or frankly to be that tired. Lee

  5. There just has to be an activity or exercise you'd enjoy at least as much as washing linens at the
    laundromat for 6 hours! If you can commit to a project like that, there's gotta be some form of
    exercise out there with your name on it. After all, marathons are run in less time. LOL

    Prairie Roots

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do anything to lose weight that I
    >can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip to the laundry matt.
    >We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into the washer at home.
    >And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I would wash everything in
    >the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then I decided to not do the
    >regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave
    >until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes and left once for a ten
    >minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as it gets here and we moved the entire time
    >except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four
    >solid hours of laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it would be that
    >many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will come there
    >when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing
    >your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am still not
    >finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and that is a
    >vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12
    >points I stated earlier and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes
    >for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit
    >more often now as I have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to
    >be that tired. Lee

  6. Wow Lee! That's lots of laundry. You must have had energy to spend that day. I think about that much
    laundry and it depresses me, then I don't do any!

    Brenda

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
    anything
    > to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half trip
    > to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit into
    > the washer at home. And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that I
    > would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what was getting ragged... then
    > I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got to the laundry matt at
    > 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat down twice for 15 minutes
    and
    > left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as
    it
    > gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty of
    > flex points left I put in for four solid hours
    of
    > laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
    would
    > be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as I think the balance will
    > come there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is just to say that even
    > increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will help your losses. I am
    > still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
    > that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
    > the 12 points I stated
    earlier
    > and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
    > hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I
    > have far fewer linens and I truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

  7. I felt a real sense of accomplishment. I love that I helped the entire time
    without giving up and him doing it all. I also love that the closet the
    dirty things were in is organized and clean and the linen closet is cleaned,
    organized, and not over stuffed. I do now need some new towels but I have
    enough of everything else and it is all in nice condition. It just feels so
    good to declutter my house as I declutter my fat, Lee
    Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Wowee! That was some job! And you have definitely earned some points for it ;-D Congratulations
    > for a job well done ;-D Elaine K
    >
    > Miss Violette wrote:
    >
    > >As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
    anything
    > >to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half
    > >trip to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit
    > >into the washer at home. And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that
    > >would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what
    was
    > >getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got
    > >to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat
    > >down twice for 15 minutes
    and
    > >left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as
    it
    > >gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty
    > >of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
    of
    > >laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
    would
    > >be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as
    > >think the balance will come there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is
    > >just to say that even increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will
    > >help your losses. I
    am
    > >still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
    > >that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
    > >the 12 points I stated
    earlier
    > >and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
    > >hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I
    > >have far fewer linens and
    > >truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

  8. Krys

    Krys Guest

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
    of
    > >laundry, 12 activity points.
    >
    > When I started it was just washing the car, then decorating, then the treadmill and the bike ,
    > then the weights. It's addictive, though I never thought I'd say that.
    >
    > Well done
    >
    > Ray
    >
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

    ooh - so addictive! but then I have a tendancy towards that.... however, I figure swopping smoking
    for religious gym/swim attendance is a fair exchange.....*grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

  9. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    . It's addictive, though I
    > never thought I'd say that.
    >

    > Ray

    Told ya it was :):)

  10. now I am scared, Lee
    ray miller <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Just for fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
    of
    > >laundry, 12 activity points.
    >
    > When I started it was just washing the car, then decorating, then the treadmill and the bike ,
    > then the weights. It's addictive, though I never thought I'd say that.
    >
    > Well done
    >
    > Ray
    >
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  11. I know there is and if I ever catch the jerk that stole my audio tape, I
    will need serious forgiveness for the pain I intend to inflict on him, Lee
    Connie <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > Lee:
    >
    > There has to be something out there for you!! If I can succomb to the exercise bug then you must
    > be next.
    >
    > Connie
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5
    >

    > Miss Violette wrote:
    > > As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
    anything
    > > to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half
    > > trip to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't
    > > fit into the washer at
    home.
    > > And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that
    > > would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what
    was
    > > getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got
    > > to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat
    > > down twice for 15 minutes
    and
    > > left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold
    as it
    > > gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just
    for
    > > fun since I had plenty of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
    of
    > > laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
    would
    > > be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as
    > > think the balance will come there when figuring out maintenance. I
    guess
    > > why I am writing this is just to say that even increasing your daily activity through chores and
    > > moving in general will help your losses. I
    am
    > > still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
    > > that is a vast improvement to where I used to
    be..
    > > The result of this washing honestly netted me the 12 points I stated
    earlier
    > > and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable
    clothes
    > > for the food pantry to hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a
    > > bit more often now as I have far fewer linens and
    > > truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

  12. I hated the laundry also, and I will eventually find something but I am not
    going to stress about it either, Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > There just has to be an activity or exercise you'd enjoy at least as much as washing linens at the
    > laundromat for 6 hours! If you can commit to a project like that, there's gotta be some form of
    > exercise out there with your name on it. After all, marathons are run in less time. LOL
    >
    > Prairie Roots
    >
    > On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:18:55 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >As you regulars know I am not an exerciser as I am unwilling to do
    anything
    > >to lose weight that I can't commit to forever. Two weeks ago we did the every year and a half
    > >trip to the laundry matt. We do this to wash all comforters/blankets/pillows/coats that won't fit
    > >into the washer at home. And yes, I have a lot of linens in this department. I also decided that
    > >would wash everything in the linen closet, sort it and get rid of what
    was
    > >getting ragged... then I decided to not do the regular stuff at home and took it also... We got
    > >to the laundry matt at 5:30 PM and didn't leave until after 1:30 AM the next morning... We sat
    > >down twice for 15 minutes
    and
    > >left once for a ten minute car ride to get more soap... It was as cold as
    it
    > >gets here and we moved the entire time except for those breaks. Just for fun since I had plenty
    > >of flex points left I put in for four solid hours
    of
    > >laundry, 12 activity points. I knew I was tired but never dreamed it
    would
    > >be that many. I don't take activity points for the daily things I do as
    > >think the balance will come there when figuring out maintenance. I guess why I am writing this is
    > >just to say that even increasing your daily activity through chores and moving in general will
    > >help your losses. I
    am
    > >still not finding any exercise that I can commit to but I am starting to look for something and
    > >that is a vast improvement to where I used to be.. The result of this washing honestly netted me
    > >the 12 points I stated
    earlier
    > >and 7 bags of linens for the animal shelter and a bag of wearable clothes for the food pantry to
    > >hand out. It also helped me to make the decision that we will do this a bit more often now as I
    > >have far fewer linens and
    > >truthfully have no desire to buy more or frankly to be that tired. Lee

  13. I really had no choice, it was wash it or sleep on the plastic mattress of
    the water bed, and we just kept at it and had a nice time talking while we
    did it. I usually do all laundry at home as I am super picky. He does do
    handwash for me but that is because I want him to make sure handwash has no
    spots as they are nicer clothes. I actually think the time talking was
    nice, and the side benefit of two very clean very organized closets is just
    excellent, thanks, Lee
    news:[email protected]...