General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Air quality = marathon "fun"

Started by steve common · · Last activity · 21 posts · 696 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 April 2007
Last activity
11 November 2007
Original author
steve common
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
696
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–21 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. marko said:

    but with my really short mileage, I didn't dare
    joining the training week thread :-p

    Ha ! Real men post "DNR" to the thread :-D

    Quoted message said:

    but since you've asked... I finally got back to running at the end of
    this summer, with 10kg overweight (about 22lbs)

    Is that all ?!

    Quoted message said:

    (BTW good luck to you steve, it is really a challenge to run slow
    feeling so heavy when one was used to running fast...)

    I'm looking forward to it (sort of)... Oh God let me die gracefully !

    Quoted message said:

    And while I'm at it, congrats to Lance with his good race! (although
    like Dan I was expecting a sub3 based on the high mileage he ran, but
    that might as well have been too much too close to the race?)

    I figured he wouldn't do sub-3 this time, cos it wasn't his goal...
    But I'm very happy that he did a proper marathon for once, compared to
    what he did before.

    Now he must surely know what he did right and he only needs a tiny change
    to go sub-3:
    - slightly lower BMI :-P
    - lighter shoes but not too light. Maybe Asics 2x00 or DS Trainers would
    give the edge.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.