Always carry identification

Maggie wrote:

>>Here ya go....
>>http://harleysbicycles.com/site/intro.cfm
>>
>>Tell him to stay away from the colored lycra shorts.

> What the hell kind of helmet is that? It looks like something out of
> a Science Fiction movie. I can just picture my husband dressed up
> like that. My kids would throw a net over him and call the men in the
> white coats to come fetch him.
>
> Maggie

Does your little world extend all the way to the Delaware River, or just
to the city limits of your Jersey city?

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."
Edward R. Murrow

Craig Brossman wrote:

> Does your little world extend all the way to the Delaware River, or just
> to the city limits of your Jersey city?
>
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Hey, I went down the Delaware in a canoe.....I have a picture on my
webpage. Please see...below... I also go to Nevada at least four times
a year. I have been out of Jersey. And I don't live in Jersey City.

Maggie...See Canoe..see Delaware river.

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

On 21 Jun 2005 12:55:26 -0700, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Craig Brossman wrote:
>>
>> Does your little world extend all the way to the Delaware River, or just
>> to the city limits of your Jersey city?
>>
>> --
>> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
>>

>Hey, I went down the Delaware in a canoe.....I have a picture on my
>webpage. Please see...below... I also go to Nevada at least four times
>a year. I have been out of Jersey. And I don't live in Jersey City.
>
>Maggie...See Canoe..see Delaware river.
>
>http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

See humiliated black lab in a hoody.

Lawrence Walsh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported:

> Last Saturday, Francis Andrews, 36, of Pittsburgh, was killed when
> he was hit by a car on West Park Road in Worth, Butler County.
> State police said Andrews was pedaling north about 9:45 a.m. when
> he saw a southbound car approach. He applied his brakes, lost
> control and skidded into the path of the car.

He skidded completely across the street into an oncoming car??
This is one very fishy-smelling report.

Fritz wrote:
> >Maggie...See Canoe..see Delaware river.
> >
> >http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

> See humiliated black lab in a hoody.

That is "Maggie Mae Rose the Third". And she is not humiliated. She
is a spoiled brat of a dog. And I adore her. She loves that hoody.

Maggie

Fritz wrote:
> >Maggie...See Canoe..see Delaware river.
> >
> >http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

> See humiliated black lab in a hoody.

That's my baby....and my pen name comes from her. Maggie Mae Rose III.
She loves that hoodie.

Maggie..aka Linda Ann

On 22 Jun 2005 03:00:54 -0700, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Fritz wrote:
>> >Maggie...See Canoe..see Delaware river.
>> >
>> >http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

>> See humiliated black lab in a hoody.

>That is "Maggie Mae Rose the Third". And she is not humiliated. She
>is a spoiled brat of a dog. And I adore her. She loves that hoody.
>
>Maggie

Right.... You Probably make that poor hound share a doggie bed with
that darn cat, also.

Tom Keats wrote:
> Maybe a good place to start
> would be the fearmongering headline: "Safety a casualty of biking's
> popularity". Sounds like Lawrence Walsh is trying to scare people
> off their bikes.

Headlines are written by page designers, not the article writers. But
yeah, I wonder how many automobile deaths and injuries there were in
the time frame covered in the article.

Joe S asked:
> "Smith & Wesson bike"?

Smith & Wessons sells a S&W branded mountain bike to police
departments. Here's a selection:

http://www.themaskedmerchant.com/default.aspx?p=82136

I wouldn't mind having one as a commuter.

And finally, Maggie asked:
> What the hell kind of helmet is that?

Time Trial helmet. It's designed for a specific event and it's not
something you'll see on the road outside of a race. Yeah, the helmets
look goofy, but so do wings and spoilers on cars outside of the race
track.

Racers in a time trial also wear a slick skinsuit and shoe covers to
reduce drag. Time Trial bikes are also a little different from your
standard road bike: aero handlebars, shorter length frame, etc to
scrunch the rider down as much as possible to get him out of the wind.

RFM

On 22 Jun 2005 09:32:59 -0700, "Fritz M" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Time Trial helmet. It's designed for a specific event and it's not
>something you'll see on the road outside of a race.
>RFM

Don't be so sure. A friend of mine built a tt bike this winter. The
first time I saw him this spring, I busted out laughing. He had bought
an old aero style tt helmet on Ebay. A bright yellow one. Everytime I
see him in it, I have to bite my tongue, to keep from laughing.

At least he is very fast. Although when he rides with me, the
usefulness is a nonissue;-)

I don't have the heart to tell him how silly he looks in it. I
wouldn't want to hurt his feelings, as he is a really good guy. Maybe
someone else will tell him.

Life is Good!
Jeff

> Right.... You Probably make that poor hound share a doggie bed with
> that darn cat, also.

That dog sleeps on my bed, on top of 800 thread ct. Egyptian cotton
sheets and underneath a down comforter which has a 600 TC Duvet cover
over the comforter. Plus she has her own pillow.

That is one spoiled dog. And she is impossible to move when she is
sound asleep. All 100 lbs of her.

"Maggie Mae Rose the Third" is the queen of the house. Even I bow to
her every whim.....and I don't do that for anyone.

Maggie.

"Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Right.... You Probably make that poor hound share a doggie bed

with
>> that darn cat, also.

> That dog sleeps on my bed, on top of 800 thread ct. Egyptian cotton
> sheets and underneath a down comforter which has a 600 TC Duvet

cover
> over the comforter. Plus she has her own pillow.
>
> That is one spoiled dog. And she is impossible to move when she is
> sound asleep. All 100 lbs of her.
>
> "Maggie Mae Rose the Third" is the queen of the house. Even I bow

> her every whim.....and I don't do that for anyone.
>
> Maggie.

Poppy, 3 1/2 yo purebred Black Lab...why do I know what you are
talking about?

Mike Latondresse wrote:

> Poppy, 3 1/2 yo purebred Black Lab...why do I know what you are
> talking about?

Because Labs are very unique dogs. Loyal, loving, and attention
seeking. When I bought my Lab from the breeder he told me that the
greatest punishment for a Lab is to be taken to her crate as a puppy in
a room away from the family. No need to hit or yell at a Lab. The
greatest punishment for them is to be away from their family...even if
it is in another room.

After years of raising Maggie Mae Rose III. I have discovered that it
is true. She must be with the family wherever they are. She is like a
shadow. They are awesome dogs. Loyal, loving and devoted. Terrible
guard dogs though. If a burglar came to the door she would bark like a
bad ass junkyard dog but then when the person enters...she would make
him coffee and chat. ;-)

Maggie

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:25:36 -0700, LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m
wrote:

> Lawrence Walsh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported:
>
>> Last Saturday, Francis Andrews, 36, of Pittsburgh, was killed when
>> he was hit by a car on West Park Road in Worth, Butler County.
>> State police said Andrews was pedaling north about 9:45 a.m. when
>> he saw a southbound car approach. He applied his brakes, lost
>> control and skidded into the path of the car.

> He skidded completely across the street into an oncoming car??
> This is one very fishy-smelling report.

It is indeed. I've ridden that very road several times. It is
narrow enough and rural enough for most of its length to be completely
devoid of a center dividing line; however, it is quite wide enough for
two cars to pass each other with room to spare.

There *are* a few places where you can pick up significant speed
leading into some blind righthand and lefthand turns. If you space for a
moment and target-fixate and nail the brakes, then I could see the above
happening. That said, the northbound route is mostly uphill.

Chris BeHanna

wrote:

> Lawrence Walsh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported:
>
>> Last Saturday, Francis Andrews, 36, of Pittsburgh, was killed when
>> he was hit by a car on West Park Road in Worth, Butler County.
>> State police said Andrews was pedaling north about 9:45 a.m. when
>> he saw a southbound car approach. He applied his brakes, lost
>> control and skidded into the path of the car.

> He skidded completely across the street into an oncoming car??
> This is one very fishy-smelling report.

It is indeed. I've ridden that very road several times. It is
narrow enough and rural enough for most of its length to be completely
devoid of a center dividing line; however, it is quite wide enough for
two cars to pass each other with room to spare.

There *are* a few places where you can pick up significant speed
leading into some blind righthand and lefthand turns. If you space for a
moment and target-fixate and nail the brakes, then I could see the above
happening. That said, the northbound route is mostly uphill.

Chris BeHanna

Was he on the "wrong" (left) side of the road? Then he only had to skid
into the car's lane.

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA