Amazing cycling video "outlaw in Lycra

Earl Bollinger wrote:
> From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip of a
> cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
> But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway anywhere.
> Outlaw in Lycra....
> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>
> My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off hand.

Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was slow,
but that guy is nuts.
Great video.
Bill Baka

Bill Baka wrote:
> Earl Bollinger wrote:
> > From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip of a
> > cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
> > But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway anywhere.
> > Outlaw in Lycra....
> > http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
> > http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
> >
> > My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off hand.
> >

> Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was slow,
> but that guy is nuts.
> Great video.
> Bill Baka

neither, he was a courier with a hot package- used to do that all the
time

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Baka wrote:
>> Earl Bollinger wrote:
>>> From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip of a
>>> cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
>>> But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway anywhere.
>>> Outlaw in Lycra....
>>> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>>> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>>>
>>> My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off hand.
>>>

>> Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was slow,
>> but that guy is nuts.
>> Great video.
>> Bill Baka

> neither, he was a courier with a hot package- used to do that all the
> time

Uh huh. AND stay out of jail?
I don't think so.
Bill

Bill Baka wrote:
:: Earl Bollinger wrote:
::: From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip of
::: a cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
::: But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway
::: anywhere. Outlaw in Lycra....
::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
:::
::: My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off
::: hand.
:::
:::
:: Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was
:: slow, but that guy is nuts.
:: Great video.
:: Bill Baka

the video seemed to speed up unnaturally right before the end, where the guy
on the bike got by the truck....

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:03:44 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Baka wrote:
>:: Earl Bollinger wrote:
>::: From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip of
>::: a cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
>::: But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway
>::: anywhere. Outlaw in Lycra....
>::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>:::
>::: My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off
>::: hand.
>:::
>:::
>:: Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was
>:: slow, but that guy is nuts.
>:: Great video.
>:: Bill Baka
>
>the video seemed to speed up unnaturally right before the end, where the guy
>on the bike got by the truck....

Could be the guy saw the truck closing the gap and hammered it.

Roger Zoul <[email protected]> wrote:
> :::
> :::
> :: Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was
> :: slow, but that guy is nuts.
> :: Great video.
> :: Bill Baka
>
> the video seemed to speed up unnaturally right before the end, where the guy
> on the bike got by the truck....

*cough* CGI *cough*

It's a humourous clip with no reflection in reality (assuming it's the
same clip I've seen before, which it sounds like it is).

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it

R Brickston wrote:
:: On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:03:44 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
:: <[email protected]> wrote:
::
::: Bill Baka wrote:
::::: Earl Bollinger wrote:
:::::: From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip
:::::: of a cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
:::::: But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway
:::::: anywhere. Outlaw in Lycra....
:::::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
:::::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
::::::
:::::: My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off
:::::: hand.
::::::
::::::
::::: Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was
::::: slow, but that guy is nuts.
::::: Great video.
::::: Bill Baka
:::
::: the video seemed to speed up unnaturally right before the end,
::: where the guy on the bike got by the truck....
:::
::
:: Could be the guy saw the truck closing the gap and hammered it.

Yeah, i agree. But the entire thing seems to speed up...make me wonder if he
had a lot more time than the video makes it seem he did, thus making it less
dangerous. Slightly. :)

Dane Buson wrote:
:: Roger Zoul <[email protected]> wrote:
::::::
::::::
::::: Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was
::::: slow, but that guy is nuts.
::::: Great video.
::::: Bill Baka
:::
::: the video seemed to speed up unnaturally right before the end,
::: where the guy on the bike got by the truck....
::
:: *cough* CGI *cough*
::
:: It's a humourous clip with no reflection in reality (assuming it's
:: the same clip I've seen before, which it sounds like it is).

I can accept that. The Interstate looks flat and he is flying....I couldn't
really tell if he was pedalling on my screen....

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:54:58 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:
>:: On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:03:44 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
>:: <[email protected]> wrote:
>::
>::: Bill Baka wrote:
>::::: Earl Bollinger wrote:
>:::::: From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip
>:::::: of a cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
>:::::: But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway
>:::::: anywhere. Outlaw in Lycra....
>:::::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>:::::: http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>::::::
>:::::: My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off
>:::::: hand.
>::::::
>::::::
>::::: Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was
>::::: slow, but that guy is nuts.
>::::: Great video.
>::::: Bill Baka
>:::
>::: the video seemed to speed up unnaturally right before the end,
>::: where the guy on the bike got by the truck....
>:::
>::
>:: Could be the guy saw the truck closing the gap and hammered it.
>
>Yeah, i agree. But the entire thing seems to speed up...make me wonder if he
>had a lot more time than the video makes it seem he did, thus making it less
>dangerous. Slightly. :)

Looked at it again... the truck doing the cut off seems to move at a
normal speed for that situation and going from a dead stop.

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Earl Bollinger wrote:
>> From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip of a
>> cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
>> But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway
>> anywhere.
>> Outlaw in Lycra....
>> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
>>
>> My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off hand.
>>

> Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was slow,
> but that guy is nuts.
> Great video.
> Bill Baka

Oh come on! Did you really, for one moment, assume that this was an actual
event? It's even posted on a Specialized web site. Can you say
"advertisement"? I knew that you could.

Tim McTeague

Tim McTeague wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Earl Bollinger wrote:
> >> From this Canadian Specialized Site they have a short video clip of a
> >> cyclist who was absolutely zipping along at a good pace.
> >> But I don't suggest anyone ride their bicycles on a busy freeway
> >> anywhere.
> >> Outlaw in Lycra....
> >> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
> >> http://cdn.specialized.com/bc/microsite/movies/
> >>
> >> My apoligies if this has been posted before, i did not see if off hand.
> >>

> > Amazing. Either that was downhill or he was juiced and traffic was slow,
> > but that guy is nuts.
> > Great video.
> > Bill Baka

> Oh come on! Did you really, for one moment, assume that this was an actual
> event? It's even posted on a Specialized web site. Can you say
> "advertisement"? I knew that you could.
>
> Tim McTeague

This is CGI. Its way too fast to start with and the whole scene looks
simplistic and rendered.