AMB-Idaho 05 Briefing and Time for a Headcount

Paladin

Guest
Hey Compadres.

We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming. Or
not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....

Where: Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun Valley,
Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda commercial, but
you'll love it, and it's centrally located between major trail sources.

What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime

When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday nt, the
big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.

Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to stay at
my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)

Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck Lake to
20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want as a big ride
for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic rides, so we'll be
stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual horsing around.

Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so come
prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make sure you're
in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I have in mind are
definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.

Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on the
fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer, so let's go
have some fun.
c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot com

Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.

No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the very
awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=47674
let it load

and:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=113700

and there are so many others...

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> Hey Compadres.
>
> We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming.
> Or not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....
>
> Where: Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun
> Valley, Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda
> commercial, but you'll love it, and it's centrally located between
> major trail sources.
> What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime
>
> When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday
> nt, the big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.
>
> Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to
> stay at my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)
>
> Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck
> Lake to 20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want
> as a big ride for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic
> rides, so we'll be stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual
> horsing around.
> Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so
> come prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make
> sure you're in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I
> have in mind are definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.
>
> Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on
> the fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer,
> so let's go have some fun.
> c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot
> com
> Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
> responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.
>
> No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the
> very awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:

I'm up for someting 7 or so, not counting the waterless last 10 miles.
based on your scale.
What's the hot spring beta, and the WW situation... we can bring a paddle
raft. Count for three of us, maybe two.

small change wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
>
>>Hey Compadres.
>>
>>We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming.
>>Or not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....
>>
>>Where: Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun
>>Valley, Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda
>>commercial, but you'll love it, and it's centrally located between
>>major trail sources.
>>What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime
>>
>>When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday
>>nt, the big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.
>>
>>Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to
>>stay at my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)
>>
>>Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck
>>Lake to 20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want
>>as a big ride for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic
>>rides, so we'll be stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual
>>horsing around.
>>Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so
>>come prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make
>>sure you're in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I
>>have in mind are definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.
>>
>>Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on
>>the fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer,
>>so let's go have some fun.
>> c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot
>>com
>>Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
>>responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.
>>
>>No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the
>>very awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:

> I'm up for someting 7 or so, not counting the waterless last 10 miles.
> based on your scale.
> What's the hot spring beta, and the WW situation... we can bring a paddle
> raft. Count for three of us, maybe two.

I am going to try and drop by to say hi on the eve of the 13th.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Paladin wrote:
>> Hey Compadres.
>>
>> We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming.
>> Or not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....>

> I'm up for someting 7 or so, not counting the waterless last 10 miles.
> based on your scale.
> What's the hot spring beta, and the WW situation... we can bring a paddle
> raft. Count for three of us, maybe two.

Hot Springs aren't exactly what you or I may necessarily prefer or be used
to (I thought Burghdorf a little commercialized): but here's the deal:
http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/gallery/saw39.jpg and
http://www.cathedralpines.org/Picture 013.jpg but hey, don't forget, it's
Sun Valley, where money talks and these folks aren't known for roughing it.

I don't know about the WW yet, but I hope to spend a day or overnight up
there later this month and will let you know. I have a cop buddy up there
who says the river's pretty tame, but good for floating, cooling off and
washing up in. Stay tuned.

CDB

Paladin wrote:

> Hot Springs aren't exactly what you or I may necessarily prefer or
> be used to (I thought Burghdorf a little commercialized): but here's
> the deal: http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/gallery/saw39.jpg and
> http://www.cathedralpines.org/Picture 013.jpg but hey, don't
> forget, it's Sun Valley, where money talks and these folks aren't
> known for roughing it.
> I don't know about the WW yet, but I hope to spend a day or overnight
> up there later this month and will let you know. I have a cop buddy
> up there who says the river's pretty tame, but good for floating,
> cooling off and washing up in. Stay tuned.

Maybe there are some hike to natural springs around. As for boating - I
know tons of Idaho boaters, just need to ask, duh...

P.

http://www.cathedralpines.org/ Picture%20013.jpg but hey, don't
forget, it's
Sun Valley, where money talks and these folks aren't known for roughing
it.

Where exactly are the hot springs in those photos? On the other side
of the pools? ;)

gabrielle

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey Compadres.
>
> We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming. Or
> not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....
>
> Where: Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun Valley,
> Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda commercial,

but
> you'll love it, and it's centrally located between major trail sources.
>
> What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime
>
> When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday nt,

the
> big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.
>
> Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to stay

at
> my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)
>
> Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck Lake to
> 20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want as a big ride
> for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic rides, so we'll be
> stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual horsing around.
>
> Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so come
> prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make sure

you're
> in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I have in mind are
> definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.
>
> Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on the
> fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer, so let's

go
> have some fun.
> c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot com
>
> Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
> responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.
>
> No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the very
> awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=47674
> let it load
>
> and:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=113700

> and there are so many others...
>
> CDB

Wow! Too bad we couldn't make it...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Paladin wrote:
>> Hey Compadres.

> Penny wrote:
> I'm up for someting 7 or so, not counting the waterless last 10 miles.
> based on your scale.>

Well, most of the rides pictured are 7's on up. But Friday I'm meeting an
area guide for whole wheat refreshments, who will go over all the
possibilities for our group. There's a ride right out of the campground he
was telling me about, that gains quickly and gives some stunning vistas.
Maybe good for Fri nt, or Sunday a.m. We'll see.

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> Hey Compadres.
>
> We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming. Or
> not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....
>
> Where: Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun Valley,
> Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda commercial, but
> you'll love it, and it's centrally located between major trail sources.
>
> What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime
>
> When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday nt, the
> big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.
>
> Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to stay at
> my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)
>
> Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck Lake to
> 20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want as a big ride
> for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic rides, so we'll be
> stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual horsing around.
>
> Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so come
> prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make sure you're
> in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I have in mind are
> definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.
>
> Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on the
> fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer, so let's go
> have some fun.
> c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot com
>
> Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
> responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.
>
> No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the very
> awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=47674
> let it load
>
> and:
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=113700
>
> and there are so many others...
>
> CDB

My family and I will be up on Thursday through Monday or Tuesday
depending on our mood. Any body have a problem with me bringing a 21'
travel trailer? Too bad!<(;-}.

Hoping my back is back to normal pain level by then........

Also wanted to tell you the kids are enjoying the bikes, especially the
green one with the mega granny gear.

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> Paladin wrote:
>
>>Hey Compadres.
>>
>>We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming. Or
>>not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....
>>
>>Where: Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun Valley,
>>Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda commercial, but
>>you'll love it, and it's centrally located between major trail sources.
>>
>>What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime
>>
>>When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday nt, the
>>big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.
>>
>>Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to stay at
>>my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)
>>
>>Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck Lake to
>>20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want as a big ride
>>for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic rides, so we'll be
>>stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual horsing around.
>>
>>Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so come
>>prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make sure you're
>>in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I have in mind are
>>definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.
>>
>>Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on the
>>fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer, so let's go
>>have some fun.
>> c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot com
>>
>>Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
>>responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.
>>
>>No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the very
>>awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:
>>
>>http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=47674
>>let it load
>>
>>and:
>>
>>http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=113700
>>
>>and there are so many others...
>>
>>CDB

> My family and I will be up on Thursday through Monday or Tuesday
> depending on our mood. Any body have a problem with me bringing a 21'
> travel trailer? Too bad!<(;-}.
>
> Hoping my back is back to normal pain level by then........
>
> Also wanted to tell you the kids are enjoying the bikes, especially the
> green one with the mega granny gear.
>
> Gary

You gonna come by for a ride with JAR after the AMB gathering? I
promise I won't let them bite.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Paladin wrote:
>> Hey Compadres.
>>
>> We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming.
>> Or
>> not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....
>>
>> Where: Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun
>> Valley,
>> Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda commercial,
>> but
>> you'll love it, and it's centrally located between major trail sources.
>>
>> What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime
>>
>> When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday nt,
>> the
>> big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.
>>
>> Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to stay
>> at
>> my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)
>>
>> Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck Lake to
>> 20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want as a big
>> ride
>> for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic rides, so we'll be
>> stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual horsing around.
>>
>> Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so come
>> prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make sure
>> you're
>> in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I have in mind are
>> definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.
>>
>> Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on the
>> fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer, so let's
>> go
>> have some fun.
>> c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot
>> com
>>
>> Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
>> responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.
>>
>> No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the very
>> awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:
>>
>> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=47674
>> let it load
>>
>> and:
>>
>> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?s=8c3fe65b2b3eab11a278bd5b4903270e&t=113700
>>
>> and there are so many others...
>>
>> CDB

> My family and I will be up on Thursday through Monday or Tuesday
> depending on our mood. Any body have a problem with me bringing a 21'
> travel trailer? Too bad!<(;-}.
>
> Hoping my back is back to normal pain level by then........
>
> Also wanted to tell you the kids are enjoying the bikes, especially the
> green one with the mega granny gear.
>
> Gary

Good! On all counts. Glad the kids like the bikes. My daughter really
nailed some hills with that pie-plate on the back, and my son could go
anywhere on that little Rockhopper. Alas, they do grow up, now don't they?

Glad you can join us in SV. Let's stay in touch as the date arrives. Your
luxury camp unit will fit right in.

CDB

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> You gonna come by for a ride with JAR after the AMB gathering? I
> promise I won't let them bite.

Nobody said anything about biting JARS. And of course, why else would I
stay through until Tuesday.

Gary (damn it's hot here)

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
>
>>You gonna come by for a ride with JAR after the AMB gathering? I
>>promise I won't let them bite.

> Nobody said anything about biting JARS. And of course, why else would I
> stay through until Tuesday.
>
> Gary (damn it's hot here)

Excellent! Just got through Noble Canyon with Sorni. RR coming soon if
I don't fall asleep. That was one tough trail!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws