Amstel Gold Race 2003 picks

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dolfy, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Dolfy

    Dolfy Guest

    1 Beat Zberg 2 Juan A.Flecha Giannoni

    3 Peter Van Petegem 4 Lance Armstrong 5 Bram De Groot 6 Michael Boogerd 7 Sergei Ivanov

    --
    Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right." -(John
    Crichton - Farscape)

    Tags:

  2. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    Armstrong petegem

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  4. Warren

    Warren Guest

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  6. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    1 Frank Vandenbroucke (hell, he's due for one...) 2 Peter van Petegem 3 Michael Boogerd

  7. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    1. VDB
    2. Oscar Freire
    3. Davide Rebellin

  8. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

  9. Oscar Freire

    -Chris Mitchell

  10. Kendall

    Kendall Guest

    I think USPS will surprisingly dominate this race like they never have before (Quick Step style).
    They have the tools this time and showed positive signs in the PR.. But Van Petegem may still pull
    it out if they can't wear him down. He looks too good right now. I'd like to see Lance allow Ekimov
    take it but that won't happen because he wants this race and it certainly won't happen on the uphill
    finish if Van Petegem is still around.

    VP>LA>Friere>Ekimov

    Kendall

    "Dolfy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1fth8m8.kkipsx1bv1740N%[email protected]...
    > 1 Beat Zberg 2 Juan A.Flecha Giannoni
    >
    > 3 Peter Van Petegem 4 Lance Armstrong 5 Bram De Groot 6 Michael Boogerd 7 Sergei Ivanov
    >
    > --
    > Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right."
    > -(John Crichton - Farscape)

  11. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

  12. These odds seem fairly reasonable, except that BoogerD is the favorite. That must be to accomodate
    the hometown Dutch bias.

    I'm having a hard time choosing between Van Petegem, Vandenbroucke, and Armstrong. I didn't pick Van
    Petegem for PR because I figured there was no way I could pick him twice in a row and have him win
    twice in a row.

    Using that same flawed logic (he can't win 3 times in a row), I'll take: Vandenbroucke Doggy Dogg.

    That talent has to show up sometime.

    from: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr20news

    Lance Armstrong (USA - USP) 8/1 Igor Astarloa (SPA - SAE) 14/1 Michele Bartoli (ITA - FAS) 6.5/1
    Michael Boogerd (NED - RAB) 5/1 Dave Bruylandts (BEL - MAR) 26/1 Francesco Casagrande (ITA - LAM)
    20/1 Mirko Celestino (ITA - SAE) 14/1 Erik Dekker (NED - RAB) 34/1 Danilo Di Luca (ITA - SAE) 14/1
    Oscar Freire (ESP - RAB) 7/1 Tyler Hamilton (USA - CSC) 22/1 Roger Hammond (GBR - PAL) 80/1 Serguei
    Ivanov (RUS - FAS) 18/1 Servais Knaven (NED - QSD) 34/1 Nico Mattan (BEL - COF) 26/1 Johan Museeuw
    (BEL - QSD) 12/1 Luca Paolini (ITA - QSD) 16/1 Jo Planckaert (BEL - COF) 34/1 Filippo Pozzato (ITA -
    FAS) 22/1 Davide Rebellin (ITA - GST) 14/1 Raimondas Rumsas (LTU - LAM) 50/1 Scott Sunderland (AUS -
    FAK) 66/1 Peter Van Petegem (BEL - LOT) 7/1 Frank Vandenbroucke (BEL - QSD) 10/1 Bart Voskamp (NED -
    BCT) 34/1 Erik Zabel (GER - TEL) 16/1

    Source: MrBookmaker.com

  13. Me

    Me Guest

    Bartoli Astarloa Boogerd

    wildcards to Celestino, PVP, DiLuca, Friere

    Ken Papai wrote:
    > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]
    >
    >>Petegem Armstrong Eki
    >

    > Ditto, except I like VDB for 3rd, not Eki.
    >
    > -Ken
    >
    >>"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Armstrong petegem

  14. Me

    Me Guest

    1 Alexandre Vinokourov (Kaz) Telekom 2 Michael Boogerd (Ned) Rabobank 3 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Saeco 4
    Davide Rebellin (Ita) Gerolsteiner 5 Matthias Kessler (Ger) Telekom 6 Francesco Casagrande (Ita)
    Lampre 7 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Domina Vacanze-Elitron 8 Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service