An alternate rationale...

Werehatrack

Guest
On ebay there is a motorcycle helmet posted for sale whose attributes
as described include a rationale which would not, as far as I can
tell, apply to any current unit available for bicycle use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32078&item=4532072885

or

http://tinyurl.com/66xat

The description gives these selling points:

BRAND NEW OPEN FACE HELMET.

HELMET IS LARGE SIZE

HELMET HAS AN ADJUSTABLE CHIN STRAP

HELMET DOES NOT HAVE DOT OR SNELL RATING

HELMET WILL GET YOU LAID

I have never previously seen the last claim made for items in this
category. Perhaps this is the key point that the merchandisers have
overlooked in their efforts. (Of course, for the majority of riders
of my experience, this is not an issue about which they feel that
there is a significant lack which need to be addressed, so perhaps it
would not be worth the R&D effort.)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:46:19 -0600, Werehatrack <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On ebay there is a motorcycle helmet posted for sale whose attributes
>as described include a rationale which would not, as far as I can
>tell, apply to any current unit available for bicycle use.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32078&item=4532072885
>
>or
>
>http://tinyurl.com/66xat
>
>The description gives these selling points:
>
> BRAND NEW OPEN FACE HELMET.
>
> HELMET IS LARGE SIZE
>
> HELMET HAS AN ADJUSTABLE CHIN STRAP
>
> HELMET DOES NOT HAVE DOT OR SNELL RATING
>
> HELMET WILL GET YOU LAID

When I saw this last line I thought that maybe it had a handlebar mounted to the
top.

Ron

Werehatrack wrote:

> HELMET WILL GET YOU LAID

By who?

*cues up the CD....*

Sing along...

Johnny's mom was worried
She caught him in the bathroom
With a copy of GQ
The men's fall fashion issue.
So, she called her pastor
The respected Reverend Bean
Who after a minute of silence, said
"I'll pray for thee."

Johnny's dad was absent
At another men's convention
For Christian men who need to learn
To be better dads.
Johnny's mom kept quiet
About her son's sin
Afraid that Dad would beat
The holy **** out of him.

Under the disco ball,
Another child will fall
Under the spell of leather
And the big kick drum.

They have a scheme
They have a plan,
To take the children of our land
Turn them into stylists
And women who play golf.

-Jill Sobule "Under the Disco Ball"

--
BMO

Werehatrack wrote:
> On ebay there is a motorcycle helmet posted for sale whose attributes
> as described include a rationale which would not, as far as I can
> tell, apply to any current unit available for bicycle use.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32078&item=4532072885
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/66xat
>
> The description gives these selling points:
>
> BRAND NEW OPEN FACE HELMET.
>
> HELMET IS LARGE SIZE
>
> HELMET HAS AN ADJUSTABLE CHIN STRAP
>
> HELMET DOES NOT HAVE DOT OR SNELL RATING
>
> HELMET WILL GET YOU LAID
>
> I have never previously seen the last claim made for items in this
> category. Perhaps this is the key point that the merchandisers have
> overlooked in their efforts. (Of course, for the majority of riders
> of my experience, this is not an issue about which they feel that
> there is a significant lack which need to be addressed, so perhaps it
> would not be worth the R&D effort.)

Unless of course they mean "laid" as in 'laid out on a slab if you
wreck". I wouldn't touch it