(Another) Forte Titan wheelset question

tx_newbie

Jun 10, 2006
Hi! Does anyone have any opinions regarding the hubset used in the Forte Titan wheelset?

From searching this forum, I understand that the rims are (probably) rebadged Neuvation M28s with a better pricepoint...

My specific question deals with the hubset. To me, they seem abit light and 'delicate.' Will the hubs hold up to an occasional 'stand and attack' or will they snap? Do they respond well to sudden accelerations? My intention for this wheelset is flat interval training and charity rides.

I may be biased towards heavy bombproof rims and beefier hubsets with an audible pawl/ratcheting mechanism--my daily wheelset weighs a 'svelte' 2600g (vs 1750g for the Titans). I know for training, heavier may be better, but that 2600g rotational weight is getting less fun every week.

Thanks

tx_newbie said:
Hi! Does anyone have any opinions regarding the hubset used in the Forte Titan wheelset?

From searching this forum, I understand that the rims are (probably) rebadged Neuvation M28s with a better pricepoint...

My specific question deals with the hubset. To me, they seem abit light and 'delicate.' Will the hubs hold up to an occasional 'stand and attack' or will they snap? Do they respond well to sudden accelerations? My intention for this wheelset is flat interval training and charity rides.

I may be biased towards heavy bombproof rims and beefier hubsets with an audible pawl/ratcheting mechanism--my daily wheelset weighs a 'svelte' 2600g (vs 1750g for the Titans). I know for training, heavier may be better, but that 2600g rotational weight is getting less fun every week.

Thanks
I have been riding the Korso wheelset that came on my Scattante CFR for almost 2 years. I think they are the same wheelset. I had some trouble with some space in the front wheel initially that caused some knocking on out of the saddle climbs. I sent it back and performance gave me a complete new wheel. I have ridden 2 crits and a road race this summer. I weigh 155lbs and although I am not a great sprinter, I have kept up in sprints. I haven't had any trouble at all with over 4,000miles so far. The front rim is a bit out of true but hardly at all. No other maintenance needed so far. For the money, I don't think you can go wrong - don't have anything to compare them to though.

tx_newbie said:

Thanks

I am not a pro, and don't compete; altough I (*try*) train on a weekly basis, to the best of my abilities and\or knowledge, nothing fancy though.

I weigh around 150lbs, my pops weigh around 190lbs (yup, he is on the heavy side); at some point we were using the Titans wheels. I haven't had any issues at all with my wheels, my pops on the other hand two different incidents with them.

On the first one, he broke a front wheel hub, while ridding. The second one was a rear bearing issue\noise. On both instances, the wheels were replaced at the local store.

I am still using them on a daily basis, and my father switched to the Mavic Aksiums that came with my bike.