Answering trolls

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by nck, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. nck

    nck Guest

    Don't answer these people, PLEASE. We have recently had posts from people
    who appear to be using cross-posting to the support groups to get away with
    filthy and offensive language and imagery. They are NOT asking for help or
    support or sympathy, they are sick bullies who use newsgroups to do and say
    things that would get them thrown out anywhere else.
    We can make filters for these people, but, when you answer them, then the
    thread gets stuck up there, anyway.
    Just a thought

    Tags:

  2. Xray586

    Xray586 Guest

    If you have time to waste, check out alt.troll and you will see who the trolls
    are.

  3. In article <BDDDB603.310C%[email protected]>,
    nck <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Don't answer these people, PLEASE. We have recently had posts from people
    >who appear to be using cross-posting to the support groups to get away with
    >filthy and offensive language and imagery. They are NOT asking for help or
    >support or sympathy, they are sick bullies who use newsgroups to do and say
    >things that would get them thrown out anywhere else.
    >We can make filters for these people, but, when you answer them, then the
    >thread gets stuck up there, anyway.
    >Just a thought

    The most important thing is EVERYONE NEEDS TO TRIM THE NEWSGROUP
    LINES. (Yes, it's worth shouting.) People may put the other groups
    back in, and we need to take them back out, every single post.
    Real trolls would like nothing better than to have us all at each
    others' throats instead of happily living our own lives. If well
    intentioned people want to discuss factual issues of interest to all
    groups, in all groups, they can put the effort into checking out separate
    threads on separate groups. Challenging the goals we all have individually
    decided on is especially unconscionable in all these groups with "support"
    right in our names.

    From soc.support.fat-acceptance,
    Bernadette Bosky
    --
    Bernadette L. Bosky | [email protected]
    "Let the river run,/let all the dreamers/

  4. Roger That

    Roger That Guest

    David Cohen wrote:

    > Killing turkeys causes winter.

    Good women and good men should be more about justice for all, and
    remember justice includes compassion...for the least of society...!!

  5. Adam Fahy

    Adam Fahy Guest

    Roger That wrote:
    > David Cohen wrote:
    >
    >> Killing turkeys causes winter.
    >>

    > Good women and good men should be more about justice for all, and
    > remember justice includes compassion...for the least of society...!!

    Do you really consider turkeys to be part of society? And if so, would
    it be accurate to describe them as "the least of society," when there
    are plenty of other animals most people would never /dream/ of eating?

    -Adam

  6. John HUDSON

    John HUDSON Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:32:41 GMT, Adam Fahy <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Roger That wrote:
    >> David Cohen wrote:
    >>
    >>> Killing turkeys causes winter.
    >>>

    >> Good women and good men should be more about justice for all, and
    >> remember justice includes compassion...for the least of society...!!

    >Do you really consider turkeys to be part of society? And if so, would
    >it be accurate to describe them as "the least of society," when there
    >are plenty of other animals most people would never /dream/ of eating?

    Turkeys are an integral part of any eating societies' culture and as
    such deserve respect.

    Even as we speak, and despite the American 'Thanksgiving', millions of
    turkeys worldwide are gearing up for Christmas, prepared to give their
    all in the interests of gastronomy!!

    I salute all turkeys and exalt in their 'fowlness'!! ;o)

  7. Roger That

    Roger That Guest

    John HUDSON wrote:

    > I salute all turkeys and exalt in their 'fowlness'!! ;o)

    Hear hear. For was it not Ralph Waldo Emerson who said: "Nothing great
    was ever achieved without turkeys."

  8. Daedalus

    Daedalus Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:57:15 -0500, Roger That <[email protected]>,
    wrote:

    >John HUDSON wrote:
    >

    >> I salute all turkeys and exalt in their 'fowlness'!! ;o)
    > >

    >Hear hear. For was it not Ralph Waldo Emerson who said: "Nothing great
    >was ever achieved without turkeys."

    Very correct. And do not forget Thomas Paine's favorite maxim "Those
    that yearn to taste freedom have never eaten turkey."

    Jade

  9. Is that where you hang out?

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Xray586" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you have time to waste, check out alt.troll and you will see who the
    > trolls
    > are.

  10. Xray586

    Xray586 Guest

    << Is that where you hang out?

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Xray586" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you have time to waste, check out alt.troll and you will see who the
    > trolls
    > are. >><BR><BR>

    He, he, I wondered who would ask. No, it's just where I go to look for you.

  11. Go and keep looking.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Xray586" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > << Is that where you hang out?
    >
    > --
    > Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW
    >

    > "Xray586" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> If you have time to waste, check out alt.troll and you will see who the
    >> trolls
    >> are. >><BR><BR>

    > He, he, I wondered who would ask. No, it's just where I go to look for
    > you.

  12. On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:57:55 -0600, nck <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Don't answer these people, PLEASE. We have recently had posts from people
    >who appear to be using cross-posting to the support groups to get away with
    >filthy and offensive language and imagery. They are NOT asking for help or
    >support or sympathy, they are sick bullies who use newsgroups to do and say
    >things that would get them thrown out anywhere else.
    >We can make filters for these people, but, when you answer them, then the
    >thread gets stuck up there, anyway.
    >Just a thought

    <bring hand to temple>

    nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

    <assuming different posture>

    did did did did did did did did did did did did did

  13. with
    Bobby staring a hole through you.

    By 1963, after the Bay of Pigs, the Missile Crisis and the cries
    for escalation in Vietnam, Kennedy was moving toward the Sorenson-
    Schlesinger side of the White House. By 1968, RFK was further to
    the left than that, being hooked up with labor leaders like
    Walter Reuther and Cesar Chavez. As Otis Chandler, a firm member
    of the establishment, said after Bobby's death: "I guess there's
    no one to stand up for the weak and the poor now." That memory is
    now being replaced by those of RFK cavorting with Monroe on the
    beach; of JFK drinking martinis with Monroe's buddy Giancana; and
    the Kennedys trying to take her life as they tried with Castro.

    In the Anson piece, Hersh talks about changing the way people
    think about the Kennedys. Talk about reversing the Church
    Committee. That was just the beginning. These people could teach
    Orwell something.

    What will the future bring? Will Exner, still dying of cancer,
    demand a DNA sample from John Kennedy Jr. to prove Jackie was
    really his mother? Will Summers file a lawsuit demanding the
    government turn over RFK's private snuff film of Monroe's murder?
    Will Hersh now say that he was duped on the Monroe docs but now
    he has the real McCoy: it was Jayne Mansfield all along. With Liz
    Smith as the moderator, satire is impossible in this field.

    But down deep, submerged but still present, there is a resistance
    to all this. The public knows something is wrong. Two years ago,
    CBS and the New York Times conducted a poll which asked the
    respondents: If you could pick a President, any President, which
    one would you choose to run the country today? The winner, in a
    landslide, was John F. Kennedy who doubled the tally of the
    second place finisher. In 198

  14. Watson Davis

    Watson Davis Guest

    criminal.9 According to his
    own public estimate and boast before the American Enterprise Institute,
    President Bush Jr. hired about 20 Straussians to occupy key positions in
    his administration, intentionally taking offices where they could push
    American foreign policy in favor of Israel and against its chosen
    enemies such as Iraq, Iran, Syria, and the Palestinians.10 Most of the
    Straussian Neo-Cons in the Bush Jr. administration and elsewhere are
    Israel-firsters: What is "good" for Israel is by definition "good" for
    the United States. Dual loyalties indeed.11

    In addition, it was the Chicago Straussian cabal of pro-Israeli Neo-Cons
    who set up a special "intelligence" unit within the Pentagon that was
    responsible for manufacturing many of the bald-faced lies, deceptions,
    half-truths, and sheer propaganda that the Bush Jr. administration then
    disseminated to the lap-dog U.S. news media12 in order to generate
    public support for a war of aggression against Iraq for the benefit of
    Israel and in order to steal Iraq's oil.13 To paraphrase advice
    Machiavelli once rendered to his Prince in Chapter XVIII of that book:
    Those who want to deceive will always find those willing to be
    deceived.14 As I can attest from my personal experience as an alumnus of
    the University of Chicago Department of Political Science, the Bible of
    Chicago's Neo-Con Straussian cabal is Machiavelli's The Prince. We
    students had to know our Machiavelli by heart and rote at the Universi

  15. Lady Veteran

    Lady Veteran Guest

  16. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Lady Veteran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    Begin and end PGP..somehow this makes me seem smart and important.

    Jim

  17. Lady Veteran

    Lady Veteran Guest

    >Begin and end PGP..somehow this makes me seem smart and important.
    >
    >Jim

    Well if yo aren't sure if yo are smart or important, hide until you
    find out.

    LV

    Lady Veteran
    - -----------------------------------
    "I rode a tank and held a general's rank
    when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
    - -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
    - ------------------------------------------------
    People who hide behind anonymous remailers and
    ridicule fat people are cowardly idiots with no
    motive but malice.
    "Be who you are and say what
    you feel because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind."

    - --Unknown
    - -------------------------------

  18. Lucas Buck

    Lucas Buck Guest

    On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:57:55 -0600, nck <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Don't answer these people, PLEASE. We have recently had posts from people
    >who appear to be using cross-posting to the support groups to get away with
    >filthy and offensive language and imagery. They are NOT asking for help or
    >support or sympathy, they are sick bullies who use newsgroups to do and say
    >things that would get them thrown out anywhere else.
    >We can make filters for these people, but, when you answer them, then the
    >thread gets stuck up there, anyway.
    >Just a thought

    The retard known as "ATP" crossposts this stuff just to pick juvenile fights.

    If you are not a juvenile, then killfile him and ignore any such posts.
    Problem solved.

  19. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Lucas Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:57:55 -0600, nck <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Don't answer these people, PLEASE. We have recently had posts from people
    >>who appear to be using cross-posting to the support groups to get away
    >>with
    >>filthy and offensive language and imagery. They are NOT asking for help
    >>or
    >>support or sympathy, they are sick bullies who use newsgroups to do and
    >>say
    >>things that would get them thrown out anywhere else.
    >>We can make filters for these people, but, when you answer them, then the
    >>thread gets stuck up there, anyway.
    >>Just a thought

    > The retard known as "ATP" crossposts this stuff just to pick juvenile
    > fights.
    >
    > If you are not a juvenile, then killfile him and ignore any such posts.
    > Problem solved.

    Killfile me to while you are at it. Most regulars already have but alot of
    newbies have to sift through my garbage.
    Best to just get it done.

    Jim

  20. Lucas Buck <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > The retard known as "ATP" crossposts this stuff just to pick juvenile
    > fights.
    >
    > If you are not a juvenile, then killfile him and ignore any such
    > posts. Problem solved.

    Killfiles can solve the problem for an individual but not for a newsgroup.
    The people in alt.troll who play these games "for score and the support of
    real life" are actually aided by fillfiles.

    More damage is done to them if you can figure out which "owned" group they
    are residing in, including in allof their crossposts, so they can "manage"
    their many trollings from one location. Deleting such groups from the
    crossposts help.

    Gandalf Parker