General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

anth and the flush

Started by Toby Jones · · Last activity · 50 posts · 1,830 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 March 2004
Last activity
7 March 2004
Original author
Toby Jones
Posts
50
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,830
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–50 of 50
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    The usual from someone who swears by the scientific
    method. I will know. The point is you won't and you will
    still be parroting assumptions that is doesn't work. I
    will find out.

    No, the point is that your methodology will not allow you to
    "find out," nor is a sample size of one likely to give a
    definitive answer.

    --
    Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
    |
    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do
    |you inconvenience me with questions?"

  2. On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 01:17:54 -0000, "Anth" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I can repeat the experiment many times. If I don't get
    anything coming out then the argument that it is a chemical
    reaction is refuted in my case.

    Yes, it is refuted in YOUR case. That is a case sample of
    1. This really proves nothing except that it does not do
    this in ALL cases. Maybe it causes a chemical reaction in
    most people creating the illusion that they have stones
    when they really don't. Unless you repeat the experiment
    with a number of people you are just speculating and not
    really proving it.

    Quoted message said:

    If stones do come out, each time, then that gives credence
    to the fact that it is a chemical reaction, in which case I
    can get them analysed in a lab to see what they are.

    This is true. YOu can get whatever comes out to be analyzed.

    If stones come out each time then it could still mean you
    have stones and lots of them. Although personally I think
    it is all bunk especially if "stones" of significant size
    come out. The duct is not big or distensible enough to
    allow this to happen without serious consequences like
    severe pain or rupture.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  3. I can repeat the experiment many times. If I don't get
    anything coming out then the argument that it is a chemical
    reaction is refuted in my case. If stones do come out, each
    time, then that gives credence to the fact that it is a
    chemical reaction, in which case I can get them analysed in
    a lab to see what they are. Access to a scanner would be the
    best bet, which is a luxury that I don't have. Anth

    "Orac" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:orac-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Anth said:

    The usual from someone who swears by the scientific
    method. I will know. The point is you won't and you will
    still be parroting assumptions that


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    doesn't work. I will find out.

    No, the point is that your methodology will not allow you
    to "find out," nor is a sample size of one likely to give
    a definitive answer.

    --
    Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
    |
    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do
    |you inconvenience me with questions?"

  4. On a personal basis I prove it. Anth

    <Rich.@.> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Anth said:

    I can repeat the experiment many times. If I don't get
    anything coming out then the argument that it is a


    chemical

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    reaction is refuted in my case.

    Yes, it is refuted in YOUR case. That is a case sample of
    1. This really proves nothing except that it does not do
    this in ALL cases. Maybe it causes a chemical reaction in
    most people creating the illusion that they have stones
    when they really don't. Unless you repeat the experiment
    with a number of people you are just speculating and not
    really proving it.

    Quoted message said:

    If stones do come out, each time, then that gives
    credence to the fact


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it is a chemical reaction, in which case I can get them
    analysed in a lab


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    see what they are.

    This is true. YOu can get whatever comes out to be
    analyzed.

    If stones come out each time then it could still mean you
    have stones and lots of them. Although personally I think
    it is all bunk especially if "stones" of significant size
    come out. The duct is not big or distensible enough to
    allow this to happen without serious consequences like
    severe pain or rupture.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  5. I had my gallbladder Ultrasounded for stones and found it
    was clear after 5-6 flushes. I never had it scanned before
    the flushes.

    My wife had her gallbladder diagnosed full and after 5-6
    flushes had it out after a few severe attacks months
    later. Her gallbladder was rock hard with scar tissue.
    Stones were not discussed at that point. She flushed many
    very large stones during her flushes. All medics agreed
    that once a gallbladder becomes defective it will not stop
    filling with stones.

    Do it. It cleans your liver and feels great.
    Gallbladder? Maybe.

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Did they scan the gall bladder and find stones then
    no/reduced stones


    after

    Quoted message said:

    the flush? Did you get the stones sent off to a lab?
    Cheers Anth

    "Gymmy Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    We had absolutely no problem with this flush. It worked
    and caused no discomfort except the hunger for the day.
    A couple bouts of diarrhea in


    the

    Quoted message said:

    late morning and it was basically over except a good
    healthful feeling


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cleanliness.

    Many stones came out each time but my wife's gallbladdar
    was so hard


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thought she had cancer. Biopsy on it proved hardened
    with scar tissue


    from

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    so much abuse to it. The stones destroyed it. The stones
    IMO are from


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    liver mostly and this is excellent for your health to
    cleanse your liver anyway.

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    We'll see. Anth

    "Gymmy Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:5pydnfIONJRWRtrdRVn-
    [email hidden]...
    > Most of stones for us came out after resuming normal
    > eating again.


    Don't

    Quoted message said:

    > wory, you can't miss them because of their turquoise
    > colour.
    >
    >
    > "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > "]news:[email hidden]...
    > > (and on top of that I added 8floz of celery juice
    > > 20:42) Anth
    > >
    > > "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > > message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    > > dram.net...
    > >
    > >
    >
    >



  6. "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The usual from someone who swears by the scientific
    method. I will know. The point is you won't and you will
    still be parroting assumptions that is doesn't work. I
    will find out. Anth


    ======================
    How will you know Anth? I can't picture a normal rational
    person picking through their purged bowel contents
    (diarrhea) in a toilet bowl looking for tiny stones or a
    sandlike substance. If you do or don't find them how will
    you know if you removed them or not? Or removed all of them?
    This also goes for these "parasites" no one seems to know
    the names of.

    In any case please wear disposable gloves if you're going to
    spend time handling your feces.

    Kim

  7. Cool I will bear that in mind thanks! Anth

    "Gymmy Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:YrOdnZqMBpIaF9fdRVn-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I had my gallbladder Ultrasounded for stones and found it
    was clear after 5-6 flushes. I never had it scanned before
    the flushes.

    My wife had her gallbladder diagnosed full and after 5-6
    flushes had it


    out

    Quoted message said:

    after a few severe attacks months later. Her gallbladder
    was rock hard


    with

    Quoted message said:

    scar tissue. Stones were not discussed at that point. She
    flushed many


    very

    Quoted message said:

    large stones during her flushes. All medics agreed that
    once a gallbladder becomes defective it will not stop
    filling with stones.

    Do it. It cleans your liver and feels great.
    Gallbladder? Maybe.

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Did they scan the gall bladder and find stones then
    no/reduced stones


    after

    Quoted message said:

    the flush? Did you get the stones sent off to a lab?
    Cheers Anth

    "Gymmy Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    We had absolutely no problem with this flush. It
    worked and caused no discomfort except the hunger for
    the day. A couple bouts of diarrhea


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    late morning and it was basically over except a good
    healthful feeling


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cleanliness.

    Many stones came out each time but my wife's
    gallbladdar was so hard


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thought she had cancer. Biopsy on it proved hardened
    with scar tissue


    from

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    so much abuse to it. The stones destroyed it. The
    stones IMO are from


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    liver mostly and this is excellent for your health to
    cleanse your


    liver

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    anyway.

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > We'll see. Anth
    >
    > "Gymmy Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:5pydnfIONJRWRtrdRVn-
    > [email hidden]...
    > > Most of stones for us came out after resuming
    > > normal eating


    again.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Don't
    > > wory, you can't miss them because of their
    > > turquoise colour.
    > >
    > >
    > > "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > > message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    > > dram.net...
    > > > (and on top of that I added 8floz of celery
    > > > juice 20:42) Anth
    > > >
    > > > "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > > > message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    > > > ildram.net...
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >



  8. Well apparently according to alt med folklore it comes out
    with your pee. To my knowledge I don't have any stones,
    there was arguments raised on here that the cleanse is
    nothing more than a chemical reaction in the body. I want to
    find out. Anth

    "Kim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:-vidnbG_R8xDX9fdRVn-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The usual from someone who swears by the scientific
    method. I will know. The point is you won't and you will
    still be parroting assumptions that


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    doesn't work. I will find out. Anth


    ======================
    How will you know Anth? I can't picture a normal rational
    person picking through their purged bowel contents
    (diarrhea) in a toilet bowl looking


    for

    Quoted message said:

    tiny stones or a sandlike substance. If you do or don't
    find them how


    will

    Quoted message said:

    you know if you removed them or not? Or removed all of
    them? This also goes for these "parasites" no one seems to
    know the names of.

    In any case please wear disposable gloves if you're going
    to spend time handling your feces.

    Kim

  9. On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 06:47:19 -0000, "Anth" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Well apparently according to alt med folklore it comes out
    with your pee.

    Why do you want to take the chance that whatever you take is
    going to result in your peeing out some chemical reaction
    from what you ingest?? Is your judgement always this
    impaired??

    Quoted message said:

    To my knowledge I don't have any stones, there was
    arguments raised on here that the cleanse is nothing more
    than a chemical reaction in the body. I want to find out.

    Let's see. You don't think you have any stones. The only
    reason you are doing this cleanse is to see if it is more
    than just a chemical reaction? Lord have mercy.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    Quoted message said:

    Anth

    "Kim" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:-vidnbG_R8xDX9fdRVn-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The usual from someone who swears by the scientific
    method. I will know. The point is you won't and you
    will still be parroting assumptions that


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    doesn't work. I will find out. Anth


    ======================
    How will you know Anth? I can't picture a normal rational
    person picking through their purged bowel contents
    (diarrhea) in a toilet bowl looking


    for

    Quoted message said:

    tiny stones or a sandlike substance. If you do or don't
    find them how


    will

    Quoted message said:

    you know if you removed them or not? Or removed all of
    them? This also goes for these "parasites" no one seems
    to know the names of.

    In any case please wear disposable gloves if you're going
    to spend time handling your feces.

    Kim


    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  10. In article said:

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 06:47:19 -0000, "Anth"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    To my knowledge I don't have any stones, there was
    arguments raised on here that the cleanse is nothing more
    than a chemical reaction in the body. I want to find out.

    Let's see. You don't think you have any stones. The only
    reason you are doing this cleanse is to see if it is more
    than just a chemical reaction? Lord have mercy.

    Indeed. And Anth had the gall (pun intended) to take me to
    task for supposedly not understanding statistics and the
    scientific method. As you say, Lord have mercy....

    --
    Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
    |
    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do
    |you inconvenience me with questions?"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.