Anybody got prostate problems?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by [email protected], Apr 23, 2006.

  1. I want to start cycling to work again after a freezing weather layoff, but
    since I stopped last December I've developed prostatitis. This is a right
    pain in the arse and I don't know whether cycling will make it even more
    uncomfortable. This isn't a wind up and I'm not a troll. Does anybody have
    any advice please as they should have reopened the towpath by now and I
    really want to ride along it again.

    Steve

    Tags:

  2. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:16:38 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

    >since I stopped last December I've developed prostatitis. This is a right
    >pain in the arse and I don't know whether cycling will make it even more
    >uncomfortable. This isn't a wind up and I'm not a troll. Does anybody have
    >any advice please as they should have reopened the towpath by now and I
    >really want to ride along it again.

    I don't know anything about prostatitis and whether or not cycling
    will antogonise it, but, if you think it might, how about considering
    a recumbent?

    They are for many people far more comfy to ride than a conventional
    bike. You can choose models that will support you all across your
    backside and up your spine, so no perching on a small bike saddle. The
    riding experience is like pedaling a reclining armchair down the road
    :)

    They're not cheap but bargains can be had second hand. On ebay
    currently is one bike and a KMX trike (which are apparently HUGE fun).

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Velocita-SWB-...yZ106949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KMX-Kart-X-Cl...yZ106949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    There are other places to pick up second hand models, and there's
    plenty of experience and pointers to be had here in the group if you
    might be interested.

    "Bob"

  3. vernon

    vernon Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I want to start cycling to work again after a freezing weather layoff, but
    > since I stopped last December I've developed prostatitis. This is a right
    > pain in the arse and I don't know whether cycling will make it even more
    > uncomfortable. This isn't a wind up and I'm not a troll. Does anybody have
    > any advice please as they should have reopened the towpath by now and I
    > really want to ride along it again.

    Have you consulted your GP?

    A colleague of mine developed protatitis and was incapacitated by it. He's
    abandoned any aspirations of cycling until it's cleared up but seeing the
    thong that masquerades as a saddle that he uses, I wouldn't consider riding
    his bike with a normal prostate gland.