Anyone here do Tri's?

coolgenes

Nov 4, 2004
I love cycling, always have. I've also always been scared of racing because of the close group drafting part of it. I've recently started training for a tri but would be interested after it's over to try a local race. Anyone have suggestions? Anyone here into tri's and like to talk bike?

If the drafting part of racing scares the bejesus out of you, you could always try a time trial or two. Just think of it as the bike leg of a tri but more intense and much more painful. Some clubs put on a series of time trials midweek too.

There is a TRI section here. It doesn't get alot of traffic, but its probably the best place to post.

I am not sure why a time trial would be any worse than the bike leg of a TRI. I suppose many folks "save" some legs for the run.

I am kind of in the same boat. I trained hard and am now fast enough to hang with the cool kids, but have been nervous to pull the trigger on all out racing. There is an annual triathlon not far from my home, so thats my racing event for the summer. I care most about the bike portion and know my cycling associates look at those results - so I blast my legs trying to get the best bike time I can.