Anyone here in San Diego area?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by rienzi, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. rienzi

    rienzi Guest

    Hi,

    Planning a spring 2003 trip for 6-10 guys from up here in Canada.

    Tentative plan is to drive down in a couple vans to San Diego area and stay there for 7-10 days and
    go on different day rides. Age range of the guys will be 40-65 years old.

    Questions are:

    Any tips on a good place(s) to stay for that time which is:
    1. not too pricey
    2. central to good restaurants and nite life
    3. in a relatively good neighborhood

    Any good day rides that anyone can recommend. Or some good loops that are ~60-160km in length?

    Any other suggestions that we should maybe consider?

    We're very flexible so all ideas welcomed.

    Tags:

  2. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Planning a spring 2003 trip for 6-10 guys from up here in Canada.
    >
    > Tentative plan is to drive down in a couple vans to San Diego area and stay there for 7-10 days
    > and go on different day rides. Age range of the guys will be 40-65 years old.
    >
    > Questions are:
    >
    > Any tips on a good place(s) to stay for that time which is:
    > 1. not too pricey
    > 2. central to good restaurants and nite life
    > 3. in a relatively good neighborhood
    >

    > Any good day rides that anyone can recommend. Or some good loops that are ~60-160km in length?
    >

    > Any other suggestions that we should maybe consider?
    >
    > We're very flexible so all ideas welcomed.

    [email protected] may be able to help you out.

    Prof

  3. Mike Elliott

    Mike Elliott Guest

    > Any tips on a good place(s) to stay for that time which is:
    > 1. not too pricey
    > 2. central to good restaurants and nite life
    > 3. in a relatively good neighborhood

    You might want to look in either La Jolla, or in San Diego's Gaslamp district. Both have nightlife
    and neither is seedy. La Jolla tends towards swanky-touristy, the Gaslamp is restaurants, music
    venues and nightlife.

    Second the suggestion that Jon Issacs is a good resource for places to ride.

    MikeE