Anyone here in San Diego area?

rienzi

Guest
Hi,

Planning a spring 2003 trip for 6-10 guys from up here in Canada.

Tentative plan is to drive down in a couple vans to San Diego area and stay there for 7-10 days and
go on different day rides. Age range of the guys will be 40-65 years old.

Questions are:

Any tips on a good place(s) to stay for that time which is:
1. not too pricey
2. central to good restaurants and nite life
3. in a relatively good neighborhood

Any good day rides that anyone can recommend. Or some good loops that are ~60-160km in length?

Any other suggestions that we should maybe consider?

We're very flexible so all ideas welcomed.

> Hi,
>
> Planning a spring 2003 trip for 6-10 guys from up here in Canada.
>
> Tentative plan is to drive down in a couple vans to San Diego area and stay there for 7-10 days
> and go on different day rides. Age range of the guys will be 40-65 years old.
>
> Questions are:
>
> Any tips on a good place(s) to stay for that time which is:
> 1. not too pricey
> 2. central to good restaurants and nite life
> 3. in a relatively good neighborhood
>

> Any good day rides that anyone can recommend. Or some good loops that are ~60-160km in length?
>

> Any other suggestions that we should maybe consider?
>
> We're very flexible so all ideas welcomed.

[email protected] may be able to help you out.

Prof

> Any tips on a good place(s) to stay for that time which is:
> 1. not too pricey
> 2. central to good restaurants and nite life
> 3. in a relatively good neighborhood

You might want to look in either La Jolla, or in San Diego's Gaslamp district. Both have nightlife
and neither is seedy. La Jolla tends towards swanky-touristy, the Gaslamp is restaurants, music
venues and nightlife.

Second the suggestion that Jon Issacs is a good resource for places to ride.

MikeE