anyone identify this bike?

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada

Guest
I just picked up a blue german 20 inch wheel "split-bike" with a
pressed steel frame - it says "speed" on the downtube and on the
headset. Single speed, coaster brake, front hand brake.
Anyone have any history or other data on this bike?
The bottom bracket is like a single peice crank, but the non-drive
pedal is cottered. Chrome fenders and chain guard. The main frame
"tube" extends through as the chain stays.

like this? http://www.rijwiel.net/eerder/sparta_8-80.html

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 18:06:33 +0200, M-gineering
<[email protected]> wrote:

>clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
>> I just picked up a blue german 20 inch wheel "split-bike" with a
>> pressed steel frame - it says "speed" on the downtube and on the
>> headset. Single speed, coaster brake, front hand brake.
>> Anyone have any history or other data on this bike?
>> The bottom bracket is like a single peice crank, but the non-drive
>> pedal is cottered. Chrome fenders and chain guard. The main frame
>> "tube" extends through as the chain stays.
>>

>like this? http://www.rijwiel.net/eerder/sparta_8-80.html

Similar, but different. Mine does not have the removeable headset -
the main-tube splits.