http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2055118.htm
Pretty horrid I thought. I doubt we'll be seeing it in bike shops any
time soon. Wonder what they'd make of it in the linear drive bikes
thread in rec.bicycles.tech...
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2055118.htm
Pretty horrid I thought. I doubt we'll be seeing it in bike shops any
time soon. Wonder what they'd make of it in the linear drive bikes
thread in rec.bicycles.tech...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Pretty horrid I thought. I doubt we'll be seeing it in bike shops any
time soon. Wonder what they'd make of it in the linear drive bikes
thread in rec.bicycles.tech...
I liked the bit when asked if it's easier than a normal bike (seeing it has
no seat), the inventor said it was slightly easier because you're standing up.
I don't know what planet he's from, but here on earth, when you've got your
[censored] parked on a slab of rubber, there is no way standing is easier.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
John Tserkezis said:Quoted message said:http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2055118.htm
Pretty horrid I thought. I doubt we'll be seeing it in bike shops any
time soon. Wonder what they'd make of it in the linear drive bikes
thread in rec.bicycles.tech...I liked the bit when asked if it's easier than a normal bike (seeing it has
no seat), the inventor said it was slightly easier because you're standing up.I don't know what planet he's from, but here on earth, when you've got your
[censored] parked on a slab of rubber, there is no way standing is easier.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
Like to see him do ATBIAD on one
phillip brown
phillip brown said:Like to see him do ATBIAD on one
That said, did he think wind resistance was an urban legend or something?
My first (and, ahem, last) bay ride was only half way, through the pelting
rain, wind, hypothermia and a couple of flats, I was somewhat displeased.
Bugger if I had to do that standing up as well...
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
"John Tserkezis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Pretty horrid I thought. I doubt we'll be seeing it in bike shops any
time soon. Wonder what they'd make of it in the linear drive bikes
thread in rec.bicycles.tech...I liked the bit when asked if it's easier than a normal bike (seeing it
has no seat), the inventor said it was slightly easier because you're
standing up.I don't know what planet he's from, but here on earth, when you've got
your [censored] parked on a slab of rubber, there is no way standing is easier.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
I would have thought that one of the reasons why bike are as efficient as
they are is because you don't have to support your own weight. I doubt
linear motion is a great deal better than conventional pedalling movement
and having ridden a bike with no saddle when my Brooks got stolen (grrr) I
can catagorically state that it is a Not Good ThingT in many ways, most of
which are best described with unbecoming language.
Don't they pre-screen out the [censored] on this show?
Donga said:Don't they pre-screen out the [censored] on this show?
be a pretty boring show if they did that, you need the [censored] to make it worth watching.
"Resound" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"John Tserkezis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Pretty horrid I thought. I doubt we'll be seeing it in bike shops any
time soon. Wonder what they'd make of it in the linear drive bikes
thread in rec.bicycles.tech...I liked the bit when asked if it's easier than a normal bike (seeing it
has no seat), the inventor said it was slightly easier because you're
standing up.I don't know what planet he's from, but here on earth, when you've got
your [censored] parked on a slab of rubber, there is no way standing is easier.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>I would have thought that one of the reasons why bike are as efficient as
they are is because you don't have to support your own weight. I doubt
linear motion is a great deal better than conventional pedalling movement
and having ridden a bike with no saddle when my Brooks got stolen (grrr) I
can catagorically state that it is a Not Good ThingT in many ways, most of
which are best described with unbecoming language.
Although I thought the bike was horrid, the guy did say that he couldn't go
close to matching the efficiency of a normal bike which he quoted as being
about 98%. The inventor was claiming that the bike was better from a
biomedical point of view and would reduce the amount of problems that people
have with sore backs from bending over on a normal bike.
Personally I reckon that having one would be good for a laugh and maybe a
cruisy sort of a ride down to the shops or through the city - it would make
seeing over traffic pretty easy as well but I still don't think I will be
lining up for one!!! Maybe if he teamed up with that guy with the
ridiculously huge plantetary cranks from a few months ago they could come up
with the ultimate Frankenbike - linear pedals around a giant planetary crank
so it simulates climbing up a giant staircase......now there is something I
would buy!!!!
Gags
In aus.bicycle on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:29:49 +1000
Gags said:about 98%. The inventor was claiming that the bike was better from a
biomedical point of view and would reduce the amount of problems that people
have with sore backs from bending over on a normal bike.
This is a problem that has already been solved...
Zebee
Gags said:Maybe if he teamed up with that guy with the
ridiculously huge plantetary cranks from a few months ago they could come up
with the ultimate Frankenbike - linear pedals around a giant planetary crank
so it simulates climbing up a giant staircase......now there is something I
would buy!!!!
Add the duo to that other bloke who appeared on the show about two years ago who claimed to of invented recumbent bicycles.
cfsmtb said:Add the duo to that other bloke who appeared on the show about two
years ago who claimed to of invented recumbent bicycles.
This show is riddled with examples of re-inventions. They really don't do
enough in the way of background checks.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
Zebee Johnstone said:In aus.bicycle on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:29:49 +1000
Gags said:about 98%. The inventor was claiming that the bike was better from a
biomedical point of view and would reduce the amount of problems that people
have with sore backs from bending over on a normal bike.This is a problem that has already been solved...
Zebee
Norge! Oh sorry, wrong group. Similar theme though ;-)
In aus.bicycle on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:35:11 -0000
Quoted message said:Zebee Johnstone said:In aus.bicycle on Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:29:49 +1000
Gags said:about 98%. The inventor was claiming that the bike was better from a
biomedical point of view and would reduce the amount of problems that people
have with sore backs from bending over on a normal bike.This is a problem that has already been solved...
Zebee
Norge! Oh sorry, wrong group. Similar theme though ;-)
Absolutely. This secret mind control business is work you know.
Zebee
- fulfilling the quota
John Tserkezis said:cfsmtb said:Add the duo to that other bloke who appeared on the show about two
years ago who claimed to of invented recumbent bicycles.This show is riddled with examples of re-inventions. They really don't do
enough in the way of background checks.--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>
I think it's time for the Chaser to go after The New Inventors. Maybe
a song? Maybe a few whacky new ideas?
Donga said:I think it's time for the Chaser to go after The New Inventors. Maybe
a song? Maybe a few whacky new ideas?
About a month or so ago, The Chaser nicked NI's closing credits to end one episode, so it's a given something else could transpire. They've already done the First Tuesday Book Club ... (warning: NSFW)
"Gags" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:"Resound" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
"John Tserkezis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:[email hidden] wrote:
> http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2055118.htm
> Pretty horrid I thought. I doubt we'll be seeing it in bike shops any
> time soon. Wonder what they'd make of it in the linear drive bikes
> thread in rec.bicycles.tech...I liked the bit when asked if it's easier than a normal bike (seeing it
has no seat), the inventor said it was slightly easier because you're
standing up.I don't know what planet he's from, but here on earth, when you've got
your [censored] parked on a slab of rubber, there is no way standing is
easier.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>I would have thought that one of the reasons why bike are as efficient as
they are is because you don't have to support your own weight. I doubt
linear motion is a great deal better than conventional pedalling movement
and having ridden a bike with no saddle when my Brooks got stolen (grrr)
I can catagorically state that it is a Not Good ThingT in many ways, most
of which are best described with unbecoming language.Although I thought the bike was horrid, the guy did say that he couldn't
go close to matching the efficiency of a normal bike which he quoted as
being about 98%. The inventor was claiming that the bike was better from
a biomedical point of view and would reduce the amount of problems that
people have with sore backs from bending over on a normal bike.Personally I reckon that having one would be good for a laugh and maybe a
cruisy sort of a ride down to the shops or through the city - it would
make seeing over traffic pretty easy as well but I still don't think I
will be lining up for one!!! Maybe if he teamed up with that guy with the
ridiculously huge plantetary cranks from a few months ago they could come
up with the ultimate Frankenbike - linear pedals around a giant planetary
crank so it simulates climbing up a giant staircase......now there is
something I would buy!!!!
To do it properly though, you'd have to set it up so you were standing
sideways while you did it.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.