Wow, this Pehlps kid is something. Not content with being dominating in Fly and I.M., he's
setting his sites squarely on Ian Thorpe's dominance in the 200m and 400m freestyle. Look at the
article below:
heraldsun.news.com.au0,5478,7217177Open ↗^11088,00.html
An excerpt from above:
"While Phelps said his program for the Athens Olympics would remain "top secret" until the US
trials, he yesterday gave the strongest indication yet that Thorpe's freestyle events were in
his sights.
"We've been working on the freestyle events . . . my 200m and 400m have improved a lot over the
past year," said Phelps, who set American records in the 200m and 400m freestyle at the US
nationals in August.
"I think we're just going to see what time brings, and if the time's right and I'm prepared for the
400m and 200m, then that's what we'll go with."
And one more quote:
"I'm a big racer and I want to race the best and Ian's the best in the world in his events,"
Phelps said.
"I don't think there's anybody better to race than him."
Phelps is going compete in Australia in November.
Eric